Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Zoxide's Reapplication

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Zoxide, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

• Minecraft Username:
    My current IGN is Zoxide

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

https://namemc.com/profile/Zoxide.2

• What's your timezone?:

I am BST

I am 14 years of age.

Are you staff on any other servers?:

No I am not staff on any other servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes I do, Zoxide#8191

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes I do, as I am a youtuber and it is required to be able to record videos.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes I have Void rank on Jupiter and Champion on Neptune.

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on the Jupiter realm.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday ~ 0 hours
    Tuesday ~ 4-6 hours
    Wednesday ~ 0 hours
    Thursday ~ 4-6 hours
    Friday ~ 6-12 hours
    Saturday ~ 6-12 hours
    Sunday ~ 4-6 hours

(( Subject to change at any time ))

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Yes I have been punished on the <Server Name> network due to past hacker experience, I was caught using a hacked client on the <Server Name> network and received my punishment and I realised that being punished on a server I love isn’t fun and that hacking only gives you a small advantage for a small amount of time and makes the game very unfair and that it is wrong and since then I haven’t used a hacked client again.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    If a well-known user/player spams me I would first of kindly warn them/ask them to not spam me as they have received their punishment for a reason and that they should try to learn from it and just wait it out and if they do not listen I would either use the /warn command or mute them for a second offence with whatever the guidelines are given to me.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

A mistake I have made within the last year was resigning on this server, I resigned due to many reasons.. but I have realised I shouldn't resign just because one thing isn't working out and I should have contacted an Admin+ to try sort things out.

Another mistake I have made is being toxic throughout this network which has slimed my chances of being accepted back to the team, I have learned by attempting to ammend things and not be so toxic anymore.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Moderation Expierenece:

UniverseMC
    Position ~ Sr. Moderator
    Player Count ~ 200+
    Resigned/Demoted ~ Resigned

I was a Sr. Moderator on the UniverseMC network, as this position I was tasked with helping out players, refunding items such as bosses and broken chunk collectors (( When they were used )) I feel whilst I was a Sr. Moderator it helped me expand my moderation knowledge on a bigger server and helped me prepare for any future positions I ever have at any server.

PvPHQ
    Position ~ Trial. Administrator
    Player Count: 0 (( Hasn't released due to revamp formerly known as SkyAges ))

I was a Trial. Administrator over at PvPHQ, whilst I was there I had been tasked with multiple things, I made a fully custom bot for their server (( Was paid by the owner )), I also done many things in there discord such as make announcements for updates, and overall tried to help out everybody to the best of my ability.. I then resigned due to corrupt staff members.

DomatMC
    Position ~ Helper, Administrator, Owner
    Player Count ~ 30

I started off on DomatMC as a Helper and progressed myself up to Admin and then from there onto Owner of the network now you may be confused how I got owner position? Well it is simple there was an overall owner type of owner/founder who actually paid for the server and services that we required for the server and he allocated people into and out of the Owner position(s), The current owner when I was admin had decided to resign so I took the chance to apply for owner so I applied and I was accepted and I done a decent job I had the server released within 4 weeks and we had around 30 players on at peak time (please bear in mind this was only a skyblock server) the server was doing quite good until I had made the decision to resign from the owner position as I wasn't doing well with school etc so I wanted to focus more on my grades and revise for tests etc etc. So that is the story of DomatMC!

PixelPeople
    Position ~ Helper
    Player Count ~ 10-20

On PixelPeople I was a Helper for quite some time, I loved to help out loads of players! I was good at my job until I eventually was put into the decision of resign or get demoted as a staff member who was quite high up hated me as the owner favouritised me as I was good at my job and they made fake evidence of me x-raying so I just ended up resigning! But hey another to add to the list!

Real life experiences:

Leadership Group
    Leadership group was a group in my high school that focused on teaching younger children how to have good leadership skills and how to punish accordingly and not to harsh if someone is doing something wrong.

STEM Group

STEM Group was and still is a group in my school that focused on getting pupils to completely redesign anything they want to improve the quality of it, I was the leader of my group until I decided that it was not longer the kind of thing for me.

Science and Technology

This was a group of around 20-25 people who all gather up once a week to plan stuff to do and we decided to do some little experiments.

That is all the experience I have at the moment.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

Yes I do, those are;
    Swimming
    Music

Gaming

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I would firstly start off by asking the player(s) not to spam me and that I will deal with it, I would then quickly tag a Jr. Moderator to deal with the hackers and then join the voice channel and warn the user who is blasting music, if they refuse to stop I would simply mute them for a short period of time.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would first explain to all of the players why the user has been punished and then politely ask that they do not spam me, I would then check if my punishment was false by checking it over and then checking it with a higher member of staff such as a Jr. Moderator and if my punishment was indeed false I would deeply apologise to the player and undo their punishment and continue with my duties, if it was correct I would explain the situation to them and tell them they would need to wait out the punishment.

Anything else we should know?:

Why should I be a helper? Well there are many reasons that include certain skills that I obtain that others may not such as,

Commitment:

I put a lot of time and effort into loads of different things throughout my daily life, and I will put my up most commitment into being a helper on the UniverseMC network, this includes helping catch and punish rule breakers, moderating chat, having conversations with users and staff, trying to help everyone in whatever situation they may be in and trying my best to cheer people up when they’re down.

Ready to help:

I am always ready to help players in need and help the staff team for second opinions on footage of players to try determine if they’re indeed hacking or not, I will also try to help do things even when not asked to do so, the reason I like to help so much is because I know if I required help I would like to receive it.

Patient:

I can be very patient and wait for answers to things and I will try not to annoy people to much for an answer to a question.

Caring:

I am a very caring person and I like to make sure that everybody is doing well and if not if there is anything I can help with, and if someone needs help I always try my best to help them out.

Hard worker:

I am a very hard worker I like to work hard on all tasks and projects that I may have.

Honesty:

I am very honest in all situations and you are able to be confident that I won’t lie to anybody even if the situation regards issues with myself.

Trustworthy:

I am a very trustworthy person, you are able to trust me in all situations and rely on me not to tell people about what I am told without permission.

Persistent:

I am a very persistent person and I like to succeed in what I am doing and if I don’t and I feel like giving up I tell myself “if you don’t succeed at first try and try again” and also “if you don’t try then you won’t get anywhere in life” and these quotes help me in staying motivated and help make my day better!

Motivation:

I always try to be as motivated as possible so that I can complete my task and have a positive attitude with everything that I do and I try to overcome obstacles instead of giving up if I don’t succeed at first.

Positive Attitude:

I try to have a positive attitude in everything that I do s I like to encourage others.

Kind:

I am a very kind person overall and I try to be as kind as possible, as I believe that being kind to everyone will help improve social skills and hopefully make some new friends along the way!

All of these things have a big impact on me and my life as these are the skills I tend to look for in others and I would like to be treated the same way.

I would love for this application to accepted as I would love to have another go at being on the UniverseMC staff team, for everyone who reads this please feel free to leave me your constructive criticism so that I can improve my application. If I am accepted as a staff member again I will work hard to fulfil my duties as helper, and if I am denied then I will try my hardest to work hard on another and better application to the best of my ability.
    Thank you to everyone who has reviewed my application and I urge you all to please leave me some feedback on how I could improve overall.

I hope you all have an amazing day and hope to see you around.

Kindest regards,
    Zoxide

#1 Zoxide, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. EmreGurbuz

EmreGurbuz Member

Zoxide was amazing staff member he is very kind and helpful. Goodluck :)

Zoxide likes this.
  3. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Thank you! I am glad you feel this way about me :)

~ Zox

4. 8au

8au Member

Well layed out
    Very detailed

From what i gather you are a very nice idividual, goodluck!

+1

Zoxide likes this.
  5. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

8au likes this.
  6. Acceptation

Senior Mod

I'm just going to repeat what I said on your old application because you ended up deleting it but my point still stands.

Here are the following reasons that you left the staff team for:

• Nothing changes
    • Too busy lately
    • Got told I couldn’t ban for a booter.

I would like to know the following:

• If nothing changes why are you wanting to come back?
    • If nothing happens for around a week is that going to demotivate you from playing? Or even lead you to leave again?
    • You said you were too busy to moderate a month ago, but now you're applying for a staff position again, what has changed that doesn't make you so busy anymore? Not to mention that you are currently an owner of your own server, will this affect your moderating work?
    I know that may be a lotish but it's honestly really important questions that myself and other staff should know if you're wanting to come back onto the staff team.

I'll leave my opinion undetermined until I get answers for the questions, best of luck.

7. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hello there! I completely agree with your points, and I will answer all of them!

» At first I was spotting no change in the server and staff, at that time the server had hardly any staff members which I see has improved, you guys have also released two new gamemodes which is a massive change in the network.
    » My resignation was not because nothing happened for just one week, I had noticed not much was happening overall which had led to demotivation, but I believe I have learned from that and learned that I need to be more patient with things.
    » Yes I was too busy a month ago but that was due to the fact that I was spending loads of time at my dads due to only seeing him for once a month for 10 months, so I was staying at his house for a week - two weeks at a time, and I had no PC so I simply did not have the time one to moderate, now I will Be at his once every two weeks for the weekend leaving me more time to moderate when I am home.
    » About the whole owner situation, yes I “own” a server but it isn’t technically mine it is a friends and I am setting everything up, hiring staff etc, but I have hired two amazing managers to start taking that job over and shortly I will be leaving that server, but I have also owned a server whilst staff here too and I managed to split my time fine so either way it will be no problem.

I would also like to clarify about the whole “Got told I couldn’t ban for a booter” as much as I said that, I was just annoyed that night and as I had resigned decided why not to make that another reason, I now realise that, that was quite foolish of me.

I hope this answers all of your questions,

Kind Regards
    ~ Zox

8. Kiira

Kiira Member

Ignore - I reported for plagiarism but in fact he just copy pasted his old app - READ MY POST A FEW BELOW FOR MORE INFO

#8 Kiira, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Zoxide likes this.
  9. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hello, I would like to correct you in saying I did not copy Ghostinqs_ application.. if you go into accepted applications and find “WeeGuy11 Re-Application” I believe it is called is my old application where I used that for certain things, like the last part.. so no I did not copy and paste ghostinqs application, next time please look into the situation further before making such a wild assumption.

#9 Zoxide, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  10. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

Overall a good application apart from the vote at the top of the application seemed unnecessary and was not needed as it makes you look unprofessional.
    Good Luck!

Zoxide likes this.
  11. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey! Thank you for the feedback! I know it may seem unprofessional for the poll up the top, but the reason I have it is so that players and other staff can comment whether they would like me as staff or not as I believe that is a big aspect of the application process.

- Zox

12. JacksonPvP

JacksonPvP Epic Gamer

I believe you should remove the poll entirely no matter what it's for. It seems unprofessional and immature. If you're that intent on keeping it, at least change the "Yeah! :D" and "Naah D:" as they are simply not needed and replace them with 'Yes' and 'No'.

- Jackson

13. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey! I managed to close the poll but sadly can not remove it.

- Zoxide.

14. Acceptation

Senior Mod

Removed it for you

15. Kiira

Kiira Member

Attached Files:

#15 Kiira, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  16. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

No effort was put into this application and was just copied. It shows how lazy some people can be. I don't think this application should be accepted it if was just copied.

17. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues CosmoIssues

Love the application, but it was copy and pasted which shows lack of effort and laziness, even though you were a decent staff member I'd give this a neutral simply because you copy and pasted it.

18. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hello, yes I may have copied parts of my old application but majority of it was rewrote/reworded.

Hello Sarnando, only a couple things where copied which have been reworded if you look at my application, I do not believe someone should be denied over a couple of questions when majority of the application was written on the spot.. and lots of effort was put into it.

Hello, as stated before this I only copied a couple of things to save time as either way it would have been the same words just phrased differently, I will work on trying to change these as much as I can right now.

- Zox

UPDATE #1 - Redone scenario questions.
    UPDATE #2 -Redone the extra info questions.

#18 Zoxide, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. gankfights

gankfights Network Helper
    Helper

Has staff experience, but seems to be lacking activeness. Main realm is labeled as "Jupiter" on his application, yet hes holding under 14 hours on the realm right now. If activeness improves, applicant would be a ideal staff member..

20. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey! I am currently trying to improve my activity globally! Just been really busy with school starting back and not being home, but will try pick up on that!

- Zox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.