Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied zenwews staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by adam, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam

adam Member

• Minecraft Username:zenwew

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):1nerd2

• What's your timezone?:na

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:yes

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:yes i do yt btw

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:yes i have eclipse on jupiter and a galactic alt

• What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234: zenwew #3094

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: jupiter

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:3-7 hours a day

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):i have been banned on multiple server for hacking but after all the times iv'e been hacking i was was to sad getting banned on my favorite servers i learned from the punishments and i haven't hacked in 2 years

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
    : If I couldn't solve it with just talking to them I would call in a higher up staff or I would just go offline or just ignore the people and when they stop I will ask them why they did it and try to understand why they did it and i will tell them don't do it again.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: one mistake i did this year is i did not take a test in school and i got a 0 the very next day. After I got a 0 I said to myself why did I not take the test why didn't I listen to the teacher and from that day on I took every test I ever had.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):I used to be a dev on a server that my friends was making and that server i help him make the mmap make the plugins and everything else when the server released we got hacked the week after it released. During the week the server was up I was promoted to co because the community loved me and i always was doing my work and I was always trying my hardest to help the community and put other people's struggles first. the day we got hacked I was working for 14 hours straight trying to get my server back I was co-owner that server was my hard work for 5 months for 5 months 6 hours everyday I was working on that server making it better everyday and I was trying my hardest to do what the community wanted. I was always trying to put other people problems first I was always trying to help out the entire community and I always wanted to help everyone I did not like seeing people leave our server and not come back I liked when people came and stayed and became our internet family I always thought that with hard work come fun and comes rewards

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am really into football,soccer,gymnastics and friends

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?
    :
    I will handle it one at a time first I will make sure the hacker is hacking and take a recording and send it in the staff channel and ping the junior mods then I will answer people questions and then I will go to the discord.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:I will make sure i had proof for banning that person I will ask someone or i will look in logs I will look at my proof and from there I will see if I will unban him.

11) Anything else we should know?: no

Title your application: “(Your In-Game Username)'s Staff Application”
    Example: “Jeb_'s Staff Application”

NOTE: Asking anyone on the UniverseMC staff team to view your application will result in an instant denial of your application. Also, failure to follow this format will result in an instant denial of your application. If your application is denied, you will need to wait at least one week to re-apply.

#1 adam, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Former Staff Member

Hey, @adam! Here is some feedback.

- The application does lack detail.
    - You were immature in the UniverseMC channel today(voice channel), you were swearing a lot and using the word "gay" a lot in a bad way.

- Does meet the age requirement.

Have a nice day!

- NotShadey

EDIT: Applicant is banned from the UniverseMC discord.

#2 ShadeyPvP, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. AwesomeBroDude

AwesomeBroDude Riven Main
    Helper

Hello @adam, Here are some suggestions.

- Add more detail throughout your application
    - Choose a more visible/simple color scheme.

Side Notes.

As it was already stated, your attitude was seen as toxic in Discord earlier this morning. It showed immaturity.

Good luck
    - Jake

4. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

Hello my guy! Here to offer some input on your application.
    • Your choice of color scheme was extremely hard to read, and quite frankly gave me a headache half way through
    • You are a toxic player
    • Banned on the Universe discord
    • Lack of detail
    However you do meet the age requirement. Best of luck!
    -Torque

5. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Nerd/Weeb

Hello, @adam Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Stick to 2 colors in your Color Scheme, as your application is very hard to read (Example: Orange and Blue)
    - Become less toxic, as stated above you've recently shown toxicity
    - Add more overall detail to your application, especially the scenario questions
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

6. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Member

Alright for a start this application needs some work, was extremely rude in a voice channel and in discord chat -1 from me.

7. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Junior Mod

I would have to agree with Penguin on these suggestions, but good luck!

~Zarinaw

8. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

I agree with Penguin

9. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

-Banned On Discord
    -Slightly Immature
    -Not Globally active
    -Lack Of Detail
    Fix These and I think your app will look great!

10. J0NBE4R

J0NBE4R Network Admin
    Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Punished within the last 7 days.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.