Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Zarinaw's Reapplication

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Zarinaw, May 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Helper

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:
    Zarinaw

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    -

What's your timezone?:
    GMT+2 or EEST (European Eastern Standard Time)

Are you staff on any other servers?:
    I'm currently not a staff anywhere else.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    Zarinaw#4909, and I have a working microphone and im able to talk if help is needed.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I currently use OBS to record what is shown to be the best for me to record.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I'm currently Ghoul on Skyblock, Void on Jupiter (OP factions) and Titan on Mars (OG Factions)

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I mostly play on skyblock on the server, as I joined on the server almost a year ago for skyblock only. However, I have tried in the past few months learn a thing or two about factions (still not the best of it), but I have learned why people play factions, so I started playing factions too.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    I am able to contribute 30+ hours a week server wide, what can always change because reasons I cannot control over in my real life, but those changes would be informed to higher staff if something happened while I am a staff member. Knowing where to put myself when it's needed, like factions where it's usually always needed.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have been banned on the server for an inappropriate IGN, the name was on my alt account which I had no control over. There was no announcement of a rule change, but I should have kept an eye on the rules, as they can change anytime. Other than that, I have never been punished for anything on any other server.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would explain to them why the mute was executed and what they did wrong. Usually, when people get an answer for their question they will stop spamming, but if they keep up with the spam I would give them a punishment for spamming based on the guidelines. "Well-known" is just a tag people get for being known on the server, but it still doesn't change that they won't get punished accordingly by the rules when they break them.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I only can recall one mistake I did within the last year, I got into a massive argument with my little brother. I was "yelled at" by both of my parents because it was bad how both of us acted, we dealt with it by sitting down on a table and we talked about everything that happened and we made up. What did I learn? I learned communication between my family and the resilience to get everything sorted out right away. This can help me with other people too.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    I have experience of being staff on three networks, UniverseMC, VerixPvP, & AncientPvP.
    The first server I was staff on was called UniverseMC, where I climbed up from Helper to Moderator inside the 5months. I was staff until I was demoted for reasons I will not share publicly. While being staff on UniverseMC, I learned a lot of different punishments and how to deal with different situations and how to detect hackers from regular players.
    The second server I was staff on was called VerixPvP, where I was Trial-Moderator and was demoted/resigned after a week of being a staff member. The server wasn't a good place to learn new things and they didn't give many tools or permissions for Trial-Moderators to help players with. So I was demoted/resigned from the server.
    The latest server I was staff on was called AncientPvP, but the server hasn't yet been released. I was demoted for being "too helpful". The staff team was not communicating with each other, so I was thinking of resigning soon anyways.

Other experience as a staff member was that I used to play on a server called ReeveMC when there used to be 100+ player online, and I was always there helping and reporting people who were doing stuff against the rules. When I helped people however I can, but whenever I couldn't help myself, I would do anything to get an actual staff member to join the server and help them. And even after the year, I played on the server, the server started dying out, because they didn't really listen to the community about different changes what would be good to see, and now there is usually just 10-20 people anymore on the highest player count.

I love helping people and I always want to try my best of my abilities to help people with their problems, and I will continue helping people like answering some of the community's questions if there are no staff members available or they are busy somewhere else on the server. I love helping people in the community on skyblock with simple things ex. "How do I create an island on skyblock?" or "How can I get in contact with staff the easiest way?"

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I use most of my free time playing Minecraft, but the rest of my time I use for drawing, singing, reading books and definitely playing other games (ex. World of Warcraft, Don't Starve, etc.) as playing on my computer is my passion and I was always told to follow them. Sometimes I do take my dog out for walks or go play fetch at dog parks.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    First, I will tell the person who was telling me that a person was blasting a piece of music in a channel to wait a moment as I was currently dealing with something else and if they could move to another channel for the time being. Also while trying to ask if there is any other staff able to help me at that time. I would ask the two players who were asking me to get a junior moderator online that if they are able to record the hackers themselves or if they need me to record. If I'm not able to do both I will make sure to add them to a list to watch after I'm finished with one to see if they are hacking or not. I'd also be trying to answer the questions, with the best of my ability, that are rapidly flying towards me from the start to end.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would ask the players to calm down while I recheck my proof to make sure if the punishment was correct. If the punishment was incorrect I would make sure to correct my mistake and apologize massively to the person who I false punished and promise that it will never happen again in the future.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I always have loved to help people, and I will always be active in the future to help people, as I like what I'm doing and I am always mature towards every person I meet.
    I am a determined, loyal and kind person.
    Being determined is that I don't give up on stuff easily, and I always do the best of my abilities to get everything sorted in-game or in real life. I use all of my abilities to deal with different situations however difficult they may be.
    Being loyal means that I always help people when I am able to, I am always trying to do my best to do it and never would abuse or cheat in any way. I always stay firm in any decision I make for someone or something that is going on.
    I'm also kind person, people can come to talk to me about their problems if they wanna open up to a person who doesn't look down on anybody, and I am listening to anything that they want to talk about and be as supportive as I can and always be as helpful to the people who needs help.

#1 Zarinaw, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. MrWild

MrWild Network YouTuber

@Zarinaw,

Your application looks good to me. I do offer some suggestions to improve it!

✦ Add a color scheme to the answers, not just to the questions
    ✦ Bold the questions to make it easier to read

✦ Fix minor grammar mistakes

NOTE: Your application may already apply to the links below, but I leave it for everyone.
    [Format] https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-format.6270/
    [Writing Guide] https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.6271/
    [Requirements] https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.6272/

Best Regards,

3. Zarinaw

Helper

Hello MrWild !

First of all the color scheme was supposed to be purple/white, but thank you for the suggestion.
    The questions are bolded, but I know its bit hard to see but its there.
    As I cannot really see any grammar mistakes myself, would you mind sending me them in discord?

~ Zarinaw

4. Acceptation

Helper

"First, I will tell the person who was telling me that a person was blasting a music in a channel"

Change that to "a person was blasting a piece of music."

"I always do my best of my abilities"
    Change to "I always do the best of my abilities"

"I am always trying to do"
    Change to "I am always trying to do my best"

"do my best to do it,"
    Remove the apostrophe after "it"

There are some grammar mistakes I found, couldn't see anymore.

Anyways best of luck Zarinaw <3

#4 Acceptation, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  5. Zarinaw

Helper

Hello Acceptation!

I have fixed all the grammar mistakes you told above, and thank you.

~ Zarinaw

6. Strixii

Strixii Member

7. Zarinaw

Helper

Hello Strixii!

Thank you for your suggestions and I will be working on my answers a bit more, but I cannot really provide a clear schedule when I can be online as it can change without notice.

~ Zarinaw

8. RNS

RNS Member

I don't like to shoot down your application or anything I think it's great. I just don't think what happened when you had been removed from the staff team was very appropriate. They might take this into consideration when reviewing your application.

9. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Interview - Hello, Zarinaw
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

10. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Accepted - Hello, Zarinaw
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.