Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted yoursooonice's staff application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by yoursooonice, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Network Helper
    Helper

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username: Fryl but its getting changed back to Yoursoooonice • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    https://namemc.com/profile/yoursooonice.2
    yoursooonice - Minecraft Profile

• What's your timezone?: GMT
    • Are you staff on any other servers?: Currently I am staff on no other servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Yes I currently have access to both discord and a working microphone, My discord: Yoursoooonice#6602

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yeah, I have the ability to use OBS (Which is a Recording/Broadcasting Progam) Using this program I can record players breaking rules/cheating and report them on the forums as I've done before.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Factions (Jupiter): Void
    Kitmap :( Diamond rank (rip)
    Factions (Mars): Guardian

2) Elaborate 2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Well, I would be most active on Jupiter the reason for this is because I really love the competitive nature that Jupiter has. And it also gives me a lot of opportunities to make new friends and improve my communication skills with other players! But in saying this just because I'm most active on Jupiter doesn't mean that I won't Enjoy Skyblock as well, As we have all heard that this new skyblock season is one that is going to be worth waiting for, and as for mars I'm sure once I get into a faction il be just as active on mars as I am on Jupiter.

3)How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Before I do this, these hours can change as I am quite busy at the moment with Sixth form (Sixth form is basically the stage before university) so some days I could be off an hour or two for revision. (if this was to happen I would let you know)
    Mondays: 4-5 hours
    Tuesday: 4-5 hours
    Wednesday: 4-5 hours
    Thursday: 4-5 hours
    Friday: 5-6 hours
    Saturday: 5-8 hours
    Sunday: 5-8 hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): As far as I can remember I don't think that I have actually had any punishments recently, but I may have had a couple of mutes back in kitmap days. But apart from what I have mentioned, I haven't really had any warnings/bans on UniverseMc.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Well, I would make sure to be kind and patient with the well-known player and make sure that he understands why I muted him and I will provide proof, and if he continues to argue and spam me I would simply punish the player accordingly. I would also explain to the well-known player that if he feels that I made an unfair punishment he can report me on the forums under "staff reports" and provide him with a link to the forum page.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: zakeMC and I had a lot of beef on map four as we kept calling each other names back and forth and we started to targeting each other throughout the map. I dealt with this by talking to him and trying to understand the situation a lot more and find out why we didn't like each other that much and after that day I and zake Have become terrific friends we now talk on discord and have been allies ever since until kitmap shutdown (rip). I have learned that you just have to speak to someone to get to know the situation a lot better and talking to someone is the best way to get to know someone.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Server: Crimson Network

Role: Helper
    Daily player count: 20+

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Crimson Network was a hub server it had kit-pvp and Custom op factions, As my Playtime, there was increase I was contributing a lot of my time on the forums trying to answer question that was being asked and was handling most of the player's reports as the server didn't have that many staff, Since they didn't have much staff most of the question had to be answered by me I was busy throughout the day dealing with reports and making sure there weren't that many toxic players in the chat. I was on the forums a lot as I was handling all cases on the forums and discord appropriately and professional, If they needed questions asked I would answer them in a calmy order, and if I Didn't know them I would try my best to ask an HR and find out the answer for them. I made friendship between myself and the community on Crimson network through my life with Crimson Network I experienced lots of problems I had to overcome as often I would find a lot of toxic people in the chat all spamming me but I acted professionally and gave out the punishments. This server is still up but in development, But since then I have resigned from the server
    =============================================================
    Server: AirBornMc

Daily player count: 50+

AirbornMc is a Minecraft server composed of multiple game modes such as Skyblock, Op Prison, Survival, etc. I was assigned helper rank because the server owners have seen how active I was on the forums trying to answer all the question I could. I Also had a friendly personality and was familiar with most people in the community. While my time was there I was in charge of monitoring in-game chat I made sure that everyone was following the rules, I made sure I was going to make the server less toxic and toxic by the day. I also was Answering some of the player reports I made sure I handled them professionally and as friendly as possible I was also quite active on the servers team-speak making sure all the players got seen to as fast as possible I made sure to answer all of there question and made sure they left the Teamspeak happily

Server: Universemc

Daily Player count: 150+

Universemc was a Minecraft server that consisted of many game modes these included Factions, Skyblock, and recently the new cannon server(kitmap rip). Well, this was by far one of the best experiences that I have ever had, throughout my time being a staff member at UniverseMc, I was tasked with moderating chat in game and on discord. I gained a lot of skills and qualities while I was staffing on universemc, for example UniverseMc really helped my communication skills before I was staff I wasn't confident and was nervous when talking to new people on discord, but I knew if I wanted to fulfill my role to the best of my ability I had to overcome this and sure enough overtime I was able to talk to anyone with confidence. I met a lot of great people throughout my time at UniverseMc, Universemc also helped me fully understand that there are always 2 sides to a story, and I learned that the best way to handle situations like these was to be patient with the players and try to the best of my ability to help them in resolving the matter. The main reason why I resigned on UniverseMc was the fact that I was going into the sixth form and I really wanted to concentrate on that as its basically going to be deciding my future, for this reason, it meant that I wouldn't be able to stick with the hours so I made the right choice and chose to resign.

Real Life leadership experiences

During my time at sixth form, I made a choice to sign up to volunteer at the local primary school, since I was an ICT student this meant that I was there to help teach it to young children, and show them how to properly use ICT and made sure that they knew how to staff safe online, while volunteering it meant that I had to be patient with children as they can get frustrated easily I had to talk in a calm tone, and I had to use my communication skills to make sure everyone knew what they were doing.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I do have some hobbies that I have outside of my life of Minecraft:
    Football (soccer): I play community football and the weekends, I use this as a way of communicating with new people and a way of improving my skill on the football field as well.
    Cadets: I also do sea Cadets I have grown an interest in the navy from a young age and I am always near the sea.
    Running: I try to get out and run as much as I can, The reason for this is that I have to practice for an upcoming fitness test and it's really important for me that I pass it. So I run my local beach at least 3-4 times a week this helps me get a lot of exercise during the week as the beach is 4 miles each way, 8 miles in total. this shows that when I have my mind set on something that I will stop at nothing to accomplish it.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: Well first I would swiftly deal with the person blasting music in a channel as this can have negative impacts on peoples ears and can cause real-life problems, Once I have dealt with the person in discord I would then proceed to deal with the hacker before getting in contact with a moderator I would make sure that I know exactly what's happening in this situation I would make sure that there's enough proof and ask for more information, then I would pass on what the information to the moderator and inform them on what's going on.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: There's only one way to properly handle these types situation in my opinion and that's to own up to my mistake, I would apologize to each of the players personally and admit that I made a mistake, but I would learn from this mistake and make sure that next time that I punish a player I will make sure that I have significant proof.

11) Anything else we should know?: Well, I'm 17 and I currently attend the sixth form I can contribute a decent amount of hours to the server but these can change as its getting close to the end of term which will end May 13th for me. After this date, I will be able to put in a lot more hours into the server. My strengths are that I have excellent communication skills, and I can communicate through team-speak, discord, and in-game professionally. I strive to remain calm throughout certain situations. However, not everyone is perfect as I can get a little frustrated with other players but I still try my best to stay calm and professional at all times.
    BONUS QUESTIONS
    Why should we choose you as a staff member over somebody else?

I am a willing individual, and I do not mind handling any task that may be assigned to me as a staff member, and I would not mind whether it be an easy task or a hard task. I will always make sure to get the job done. I will work my hardest to please the individuals that I will be working alongside, and the administrative team, the players, that I will be serving on a day to day basis. I am willing to commit as much time as needed to fulfil my duties as a Helper, and as a player, looking for ways to better the server. I want to and do not mind answering any questions or concerns that anyone may have, whether that be responding to individuals on the Discord server, the forums, or in-game. Any platform that a player tries to contact me over to try and receive help from myself, I am more than willing to help them in any way possible, and will not ignore their concerns.

Why I think I should become a helper?
    I think I should be a helper because I’ve been around for a while. I know the rules well and I’d like to enforce them. I want to help the community because it makes me feel great. It makes me feel as if I’ve done my job right as a member of the community. I am a constructive and friendly person. Not only do I help people in a game, but I also do a lot of volunteer work in my town. I love to be friendly, but I won’t hesitate to punish a player who is doing something against the rules. I am a responsible, kind, and hardworking person. I think I would be an excellent addition to the staff team. The responsibilities I would hold intrigue me. I try to dedicate as much time on forums helping out. Universe has been my favourite Minecraft server and I would be honoured to help the community even more with the position of Helper. Reasons why I feel like I would excel in being a staff member: Likable Person and a Team Player I believe that I am a very approachable person, and while my social anxiety disagrees, I like to think that I am generally well-liked throughout the server. This personality makes me easy to talk to in-game, over server-related discords, or on forums. Additionally, I am available and active on all of those platforms. This trait helps me work in a team, another strong characteristic that I possess. I admit I am more of a solo player, but I understand the sacrifices one has to make when working with others, and I have the capacity to take multiple ideas into consideration.

2. gpbOP

gpbOP Member

3. yoursooonice

Helper

4. Takedowns

Takedowns Member

good stuff.

5. matty

matty Network Helper
    Helper

Extremely good stuff

6. Cosmoissues

Cosmoissues Pro mineman

Nice application overall, you're a good guy and all but you can still be very toxic and immature alot of the time, so try to improve that and I'm sure you'd get accepted again soon.

7. yoursooonice

Helper

Thanks for the reply, My Toxicity has really improved since a month or two ago and id like to think that I haven't been toxic recently.

8. yoursooonice

Helper

Thanks for the Replies.

9. gankfights

gankfights Member

Same response I gave with zoxide, firekiller, and now you. Not going to bash you for being immature and toxic as I get thats its factions, and im glad you have taken a long period of time to change your ways, and not a week like some of these fake <Swear Word> people. Best of luck.

10. yoursooonice

Helper

Thanks for the reply!

11. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

I love the application. I have seen a tremendous difference in behavior and attitude overall. I enjoy that you took the time to write a well-written application. I will suggest you do look over it a couple of times just in case you may have a couple more grammatical mistakes.
    - Best of luck, B1ackmailed

12. yoursooonice

Helper

Thanks!

13. 3Cents

3Cents Staff

Hey Yoursooonice,

Try and become less toxic overall on discord as I see you in arguments most of the time when you talk.
    Expand your knowledge then just factions as you mostly play factions. Other than that just work on fixing your application!

Good Luck

3cents

14. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello @yoursooonice

After reading your application, I have come to the decision to move your application to our "Interview Stage" Congratulations! Please contact me on Discord to set up an interview time. Thank you

-Joes

15. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Accepted! Welcome to the team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.