Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied XxPainfulFatexX Staff Re-application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by xxpainfulfatexx, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxpainfulfatexx

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

My current Minecraft Username is XxPainfulFatexX.

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

My previous Minecraft usernames consist of: XxPainfulFatexX (Twice Before), SpeedBud6 and one that would be inappropiate to add.

• What's your timezone?:

My timezone is GMT.

I am 16 years of age, born 17th July 2003.

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

SkyDra
    <------>
    I have recently been taken on as Helper on the SkyDra network. This will not affect my activity on UniverseMC.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:

I do have access to Discord. My discord ID is: GeL Painful#4067 and I am currently using a Kotion Each Headset.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

I do have the ability to record Minecraft videos. I use the Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Jupiter: I currently have Blizzard Rank.

Neptune: I currently have Emperor Rank.

Mars: I currently have Apollo rank

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am normally most active on Jupiter and Neptune. But I try and spread myself across the whole network and have a play at everything the network has to offer us. I do play Mars occasionally and play with the faction Bounce.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
    Tuesday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
    Wednesday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
    Thursday: 9:30am - 12pm and 5pm - 10:30pm
    Friday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
    Saturday: 9:30am - 10:30pm
    Sunday: 9:30am - 10:30pm

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

In my Minecraft experience, I have gained my share of punishments. A couple of years ago while playing on the Badlion server, I was caught using a Hacked Client. I took full responsibility and taken my punishment to later on get unbanned. In addition, on a couple other servers (I don't remember the names), I have received warns and mutes, but Badlion is the only server I have been banned on. One day last week I logged back into the Mars server to notice I had a permanent mute on my account, I reached out to staff about this and made an appeal. I'm still yet to hear back from the appeal, as I do not know why I have received this punishment.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would only make a punishment if I felt that the user rightly deserved the punishment. I feel the best option would be to ignore the spams and/or block messages from that specific user. Being a Helper would be my job, so I would only be doing what has been asked of me, when issuing the punishment. If the user feels like they didn't deserve the mute, then that user would have to talk to one of the Higher Up's from the UniverseMC Staff Team.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

In the past year, I have made multiple mistakes. But none of these mistakes are able to be shared over the internet. If this question is mandatory, I would be able to speak about it if my application makes it to the Interview stage. I have reasons for not being able to provide them for all to see. I hope you can understand.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

In all of my experience on Minecraft, I have never had any real moderation or leadership experience. The only time I have anything close to this would be creating my own Minecraft server. This was over a year ago, I found a hosting server that I was able to use to host my very own Minecraft network. Once I had paid for the first month of my server hosting I instantly loaded into my server, once I had done this I looked around for the perfect lobby location. I built the lobby and then instantly started to add all my plugins that I had either created or bought. Once I had done this I started to configure the Plugins to my liking. I started with the ranks and ranks permissions, this took me hours on end to configure. In the end it was all worth it. At this stage I had my lobby set, ranks set, buycraft set and worldedit and borders all set. I worked for weeks to ensure that my server was all going to function once it was up and running. I had also talked to Ian (AnonymousOG) and he helped me and had taken a look at my server to see whether I had done everything right or not and to give me some tips or to tell me what else I would need to configure. When I had finally finished, and Ian said that it was all ready, I launched my server. The server was up and running for over 2 months. This took up a lot of my spare time. Eventually, I had no choice to shut down the server as I was not getting many players joining to play on my server. I couldn't afford to keep paying for it back then as I was going through school and was about to do my GCSE examinations. But I know my way around a server and a config and I know most of the complex commands and I know all of the easy to use commands.

With this experience, I believe I would be a very good Helper. I am active a lot on Minecraft and I know most of the commands I would need to know in order to do my job, I am a fast learner and I always do what I am told. I am not afraid to seek advice from someone with more experience if I need to seek for advice.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

Currently, the only other hobby I had was playing the video game Fortnite. I used to play this game competitively but have recently stopped to pursue playing Minecraft more. I am also involved with a Game Design class/group with a couple of my College friends. Other hobbies I like to do is play on my PS4, XBOX or Nintendo Switch with my girlfriend.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

In this Scenario, my first action would be to stop the game mode while I am trying to sort out the issue at hand and then tell the user to mute the user that is blasting music, for the time being while I quickly sort the other issue. I would then reach out to the Junior Moderator and explain the current situation and ask for his help to bring down the user with the Hacked Client. I would then message the user that asked me for my help to get them a Jr. Moderator and let them know I have contacted one. Once I have heard back from the Jr. Moderator I would let him know the username of the user with the Hacked Client so he can take further action against the user. If a Jr. Moderator or Higher is unavailable to help me with the issue at hand, then I would try and gather the proof against the user myself and forward the proof to a Higher Up so they can take the appropriate action against the user. And if I was still getting the questions, I would answer all of the questions to the best of my ability or ask the user to hold a moment while I find out what the user asks of me. Once this is done, I would ask the Jr. Moderator what would be appropriate for me to do to fix the issue with the user that is blasting the music.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

At first, I would apologise to the individual about the false punishment. Once I have done this, I would contact a member of the staff team that is able to remove the punishment and ask them if they could do this for me. While doing this I will also ask that same staff member about how to know whether what the user had done was allowed or not.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I just wish to say Thank You for reading my Staff Application and I am look forward to reading all the feedback.

- Painful ;)

#1 xxpainfulfatexx, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello! I regret to inform you that your application has been Denied.

The reason(s) for the deny are the following:

-Does not meet requirements (Currently Staff on another Server)

Thank you for applying for UniverseMC, you may re-apply in 1 week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.