Join other players on play.universemc.us

Xiled_X's Staff Application.

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Xiled, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Xiled

Xiled Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: Xiled_X

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): LumiTim, XxCorrosivexX, CanIHaveUrBal, ThotPatrol1861

• What's your timezone?: GMT+8 (Asia)

• Are you staff on any other servers?: Yes, a Csomic Test Server that hasen't released in a while

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: @! Xiled_X#1861

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes, I have Apollo on Mars.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am very active on Mars because my Faction (Vain) plays on Mars.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Weekdays:
    - Monday 2-4 Hours
    - Tuesday 2-4 Hours
    - Wednesday 3-5 Hours
    - Thursday 2-4 Hours
    - Fridays 3-5 Hours
    Weekends:
    - Saturday 4-7 Hours
    - Sunday 4-7 Hours
    And while on holiday I can contribute 6-8 Hours per day.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    Yes, I have been banned twice on Universe. The first time was for hitting someone through a door. I'd like to say that it wasn't on purpose (believe it or not) although I do understand why I was banned and I it really looked like I was trying to glitch the door from the staff perspective. The second time was when I cheated, I used reach and Anti KB. Honestly it was a dumb <Swear Word> move and I sincerely apologise for the trouble I may have caused.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Punish the people spamming according the the guidelines and explain to the player why they where muted and show them proof if needed.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
    A mistake I’ve made in the past year is probably not learning from my mistakes.
    I think we’ve all heard someone say “learn from your mistakes.” While I think most of us kinda shrug it off and don’t think about it, I really should have.
    In the past year I started making so many mistakes throughout my school year my irl year. I started failing classes, losing friends and at one point I got kicked out of a school, all because I was to focused on other things.
    What I should have done is taken a minute to think, which is what I started doing. I found myself to be in a better position in life and learnt that it isn’t always good to just keep going on with no caution and no thought.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

PolitiCraft.
    A third server I was an Admin on. My main purpose was to enforce the server rules and also gave cosmetics to players if they had bought something on the buycraft and it didn’t give the item to them as long as they had sufficient proof I was also clearing out the support rooms because every time a new update came out a few bugs and glitches would cause the players coming to the support rooms. I resigned on this server due to the toxicity of the players and i touched me on a person level and didn’t want to be apart of that server anymore.

VoltixMC.
    I used to be an Admin on Voltix it was a SkyBlock server but I never released.

OPHub.
    I was a Manager on OPHub I was the right hand man to the owner! I managed everything which was a lot of fun I really got to know the community and my Staff Team. I literally got paid for it because he’s satisfied with my work and the server. It was a Factions server by the way.

HCNode
    HCNode was a HCF server and I was a Trial-Mod on it. Upon release the server was very popular for a new HCF server about 75 players logged in. In about 3 days I had got promoted to Mod but the Owners had scammed 2 YouTubers ObeyRaids and CameronAOB and the Owners got exposed so the server shut down.

RuthlessPvP
    On Ruthless I was a Mod. Most of my work was clearing out support rooms, banning hackers and making sure no Factions where cheating. Since the FTOP 1 reward was 300$ some Factions would cheat to try to stay on top.

FrontierFactions
    During my time as a Helper on FrontierFactions I was doing a lot of Support Rooms and answering questions. And that’s all I really did.

CritMC
    On CritMC I was charged with the role of Staff Manager. This meant I had work my <Swear Word> off to hire the best staff members possible and to be honest I think I succeeded, I spent hours reviewing staff applications and training staff as well as interviewing them.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I play basketball, tennis and I do track and field.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    First of all I would msg the players to record the hacker. Then I would open discord and join the channel where someone is blasting music and try to get them to stop by giving them a verbal warning. At the same time I would get in contact with a junior moderator or higher to check out the potential hacker, once I’ve done that I would check if the person who is blasting music has stopped. If they haven’t I would stop the music and move them out of the channel and give them another warning, if that doesn’t work I have tempban them from the discord.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would tell them to calm down and that I would review the punishment and correct it. Then I would apologise to the player who was falsely punished for the inconvenience.

11) Anything else we should know?:

Yes as well as speaking English I can also speak French.

I'd also like to elaborate on why I should be accepted as a staff member:
    You should accept me as staff because I feel like I'm very qualified in the role of being part of an administration team in different games and communities. I have a lot experience in moderating Factions servers and HCF servers. I was Head-Admin on a Torrent server that averaged around 50-70 players daily, I also helped with the development aspect of the server and back end coding. I feel this helped me identify the responsibilities of managing a community and its player base. Although this was an HCF, I feel as if I'm able to apply those concepts and methods to factions and use them in a way in which It' will produce a positive outcome. I also worked a real-life job at grocery store, in which I was able to develop customer service skills and teamwork collaboration. Therefore, I feel like I'm confident enough in being in a staff environment and managing players issues and complaints. I want to be able to become the best staff member I can be and represent a good image for the server and its player base. This also allowed me to be able to develop a skill of seeing issues and complaints from the perspective of a customer or consumer (Players in this case). I also have many skills and traits that are beneficial in the role of being a staff member.

2. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey there! I love your application and cannot find anything you could fix!

Good luck
    - Zox

3. Xiled

Xiled Member

Thanks you for your feedback!

4. W60

W60 Member

Astonishing application! Great job, there is basically nothing to improve upon! Good luck and have a great day!

5. Xiled

Xiled Member

Thank you so much for the feedback!

6. Ethan

Ethan British=Life

Good luck and I agree with everyone above!!

7. Xiled

Xiled Member

Thanks so much.

8. lildynexdegod

lildynexdegod Member

+1 You are AU/Hong Kong TZ and Universe Staff Team need someone for this timezone. You are very proffesional and should get staff.

9. Simplify

Simplify Network Staff
    Helper

Hey Xiled!

I love the application but, the color scheme seems a bit weird and I've seen on another discord that you have Helper.
    Otherwise it looks great.

Good Luck,

-Simpify

10. Sorin

Sorin Member

Your staff app isn't bad, however, you are a little bit toxic but if you work on that aspect you should be fine, also might wanna fix color scheme +1.