Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied xChem's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by xChem, Apr 15, 2019.

1. xChem

xChem Member

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username:
    xChem
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    NameMC link: https://namemc.com/profile/xChem.2
    • What's your timezone?:
    EST
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    Yes, My discord is: xChem#4523
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I use OBS
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes I have Mortal on Mars dimension

2) Elaborate
    Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    As of now Mars Dimension.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    2+ hours a day (I have a full time job so hours will vary daily).
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    No
    SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Kindly ask them to wait out their mute. Every player should have the same treatment from the staff team no matter their status.
    Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I think one significant mistake I made this past year was upgrading my PC when I didn't need to. I ended up dumping half of my savings for very little gain. I'm still working hard to rebuild my savings account back up. All I learned from this was not to blow my budget on something I don't really need.
    Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Indeed I have a good bit of experience. I'll start from the top.
    TimelessPvP
    I was first introduced into staffing back in ~2014. At this time Timeless was a massive factions server with massive YouTubers so I was taking on a huge role. I was pronounced Helper and stayed there for about 4-5 months before I resigned. Many of my responsibility's included: Welcoming new members, Answering any general questions in chat to ease weight of tickets, And Moderating Chat.
    DCGNetwork
    Soon after resigning from TImelessPvP a few of my friends and a couple content creators actually decided to make a factions server. After a few months of playing I applied for Helper and was accepted. My main responsibility was to moderate chat at this point. I was soon promoted to Moderator and a few weeks later Admin. At this point I had fully dedicated to the staff team and was very passionate. Here my responsibility's had jumped to a new extreme. I was now dealing with everything from handing out faction strikes to handling tickets and everything in-between. I learned a lot about everything it takes to run a server during this period.
    VenomPvP
    After a very long 3 year break from Minecraft I decided to come back and pray the factions scene was still relevant. Obviously I was correct. I played Venom for about 2 months before applying to Helper. I was accepted sometime in August 2018. Majority of my responsibility's were to handle as many tickets as I could and moderate chat. I was Helper for about a month (1 map) before being promoted to Moderator. At this point I was learning to screenshare and learning more about cannons. After a long 2 months (2 maps) I was promoted to Admin and was a huge part of the team in many ways. I spent 6+ hours daily on the server. I was handling everything from screensharing to finding and fixing bugs to making Crates, GUI's, everything I could to better the server in any way possible. I was Admin for probably 2-3 months before resigning due to the fact that UniverseMC was buying Venom.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I love anything that deals with computers. Usually i'm either learning about as much as possible or building one for a friend.
    I also love wrestling and do it as much as possible. I was State Champion 2 years in a row (Softmore and Junior Year).
    SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    (To make things easier we'll call the person messaging me about the hacker Jeff_1 and the person on Discord Billy_1)
    I think there's a few different proper ways to handle this. I would firstly ask Jeff_1 if he/she could record them and send me the video. I would then respond to Billy_1 and suggest they either turn the persons volume down or mute them. After that I would make sure that Jeff_1 is able to record and if he/she is not then I would ask if a higher staff that has staffmode was available. If Billy_1 is still having problems I would join the channel and kindly ask the user to stop blasting music and rather use Rythm Bot so everyone can hear the music with decent quality.
    SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would firstly take a look at all of my evidence I gathered to to punish the player in the first place. I would then ask another staff member of their option. If they say it is justified I would tell the 4 players to ask the punished player to dm me on discord if they would like a copy of the proof. However If the other staff member says it was unjustified I would go to an Admin with the evidence I have and let them make the decision on the punishment.
    Anything else we should know?:

I think I could bring a lot of experience and knowledge to the team!
    Best Reguards,
    - xChem

2. SourPatchSkidz

Suggestions:

Add more detail

Become more well known

Become more globally active

Best of luck!

3. xChem

xChem Member

Thanks for the helpful input! Will take this all into consideration!

SourPatchSkidz likes this.
  4. Zuqi

Zuqi Administrator
    Administrator

+1

I've personally worked with him before, he's insanely skilled at his job. He knows exactly what to do, and is very helpful indeed.

Huge vouch from me :)

5. pxlize

pxlize UMC Staff
    Helper

Hello @xChem, I've come up with some suggestions that might help out your thread.

Add some more detail.

Overall, +0. I like the simplicity of the application, but some more detail will really help your application out in general.
    Good Luck,
    ~

#5 pxlize, Apr 18, 2019 at 1:35 AM
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 3:49 PM
  6. BigBlakk

BigBlakk Member

Pretty decent application! You have the experience which really puts you out there. I suggest to add slightly a few more details. Best of Luck!

7. Dorito_

Dorito_ Network Helper
    Helper

Hey @xChem, here are some suggestions I thought of after reviewing your application:

» Become more globally active

» Space out your answers from the questions

» Add more detail on most of your questions

Those are all the suggestions I have for you.
    Good luck on your application!
    - Dorito

8. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Unknown within the community
    - Lack of trust built up within the community
    - Globally inactive
    - Little detail/no effort

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.