Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied W60's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by W60, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W60

W60 Member

• Minecraft Username:

W60

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

pnovosel

• What's your timezone?:

EST

14 Years of age

• Are your staff on any other servers?:

No, I am currently not staff on any other servers

• Do you have access to a Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have access to discord and a working microphone. My discord is Mindful#9589

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I can record videos in 720p60 at 40-100 fps.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

No, as I do not have a donator rank currently I am contemplating on buying one.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on Jupiter, I play there a lot.

However, I am familiar with Mars and play Neptune quite a lot.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday- 6-8 hrs

Tuesday- 4-7 hrs

Wednesday- 3-4 hrs

Thursday 3-4 hrs

Friday 3-4 hrs

Saturday All day

Sunday All day

This is my current schedule of the time being.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    No I have not had any bans or any punishments as of this time. I do not plan to have any in the future either.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would tell them to calm down, why I muted the player, and ask them if they want evidence to why I muted the player. I would do this to, at first, try to be logical with the player, and try calm them down, by telling them that the situation isn't the end of the world and that there are ways to get un muted. If they still don't stop, I would ask him to appeal for an un mute or to buy one. I would tell him that there's not much you can do, but if you make an appeal on why you should be un muted, and it's logical, apologetic and sincere, and not just rant/rage (Ex. "Stupid helper abuse. Un mute now), that they would have a likely chance of being un muted if they write a genuine appeal.
    If the issue continues, I would remind them that there is not much I can do and that as staff I have obligations and rules to follow. If spam and toxicity continue, I would warn him that punishment of higher severity could be issued if he does not stop, and I would move on to the next player that needs help if he stops and warn/mute the player spamming me.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

Currently I have not been on the server too long as I have only been playing for 3 months but I have had one incident where this one player was being toxic to me so we exchanged some words that included some profanity but we made up at the end and we both learned that toxicity doesn't go a long way.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Currently, I have had experience in the moderation factor as I am moderator/admin on 1 other server. This server has been shutdown for lack of players. The permissions used in that server are basically the same as UniverseMC so I think I should catch onto the ropes of commands quickly. I love helping others and making sure they are having a good time playing games, or anything. I am the same person online as I am in real life. If you ever meet someone I know in real life ask them about me, you would know everything about me already. I just all around love helping people and asking them how their day was. I love starting conversations with people and meeting new people. I love trying new things and testing. I am a very extroverted person and love talking about others and with others. I am very happy all the time when around others and friends. I'm a very friendly and calm person to talk to also. If you need to express yourself and have no one else, you can talk to me :).
    These have all helped me socialize, and taught me how to be a leader, and a good role model figure. I feel that these will help me immensely In a staff position and that these experiences will continue to serve me as I staff on the server.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I am involved it school and martial arts, as well as orchestra. I also have experience in debating and public speaking. I find these activities to be very fun, and help me in aspects of maturity, communication, and skills necessary to life and social skills.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music on their channel. What do you do?:

I would try to take down these tasks one at a time. I would warn the person that if they did not stop, that they would be muted temporarily in the discord, and of the blasting of music continues, I would kick, then mute the person blasting music into the channel, while asking for a junior moderator to come online. I would also ask more staff to come online and attempt to get them to help as well, so there is less pressure put onto me and the rest of the team (By asking staff members to come online of no one is there). I would ask the staff online to help to deal with the questions, while I would deal with the discord problems, and ask any junior moderator or above to deal with the hacker issue while presenting any evidence I had of the hacker. After I was done with the discord situation, I would come and help out the other staff members, and continue solving issues on the server. You should always remember that you are not alone, there is a whole team to help!
    If the staff does not come online, I'll deal with the players' questions while managing the discord, and patiently wait for the Jr. mod (Or a staff member of a higher rank), to come online, then direct them to the players who need help. I would continue staffing on the server while monitoring the situation to make sure nothing becomes out of hand. While I was waiting for the Jr. Mod to come online, I would freeze and screen share the player after I've dealt with the issues to where it's all controllable. For answering questions I would ask the players to wait or DM me on discord to ask me questions, so I have time to deal with all other issues so I am not overwhelmed and to stall for time for other staff members to come on.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and 4 players are arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would first ask them to calm down, and tell them to help me with the situation and explain their shreds of evidence calmly (I would ask them to show me or tell me why it was false, whether pictures or videos, etc.). I would also show them my evidence and steps I took leading to the punishment (Like pictures, decisions, and opinions). I would lastly tell them to ask the player to appeal on forums, showing pieces of evidence of why it was false and why it was a false and incorrect ban/mute, or to buy an unban/mute from the UniverseMC store. If it does turn out to be a false mute, I or another staff member would un mute them, and apologize for the misconception. I would make sure that any mistakes made during the punishments are also fix.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I appreciate your time. Thank you for reading my staff application, and I hope you have a great day.

I feel that I can help the community and staff team of UniverseMC with the skills that I have learned over the years, and my knowledge of ALL dimensions on the server. I could also be a role model, showing people to be not toxic, and much more friendly. Lastly, I feel that I can spread a positive and good attitude to other people I talk to and help on the server,

I feel I am different than other staff in my very friendly, but extroverted attitude. This would allow me to spread positivity, and possibly calm down players and change a bad environment, which would be nice for all other players on the server
    The staff application is identical to the last one, as I was turned down for toxicity and immaturity. I took a break from Minecraft and feel that I am much better in my attitude and my behavior. I feel that I am now capable of a staff position, where as before I would likely have been demoted quickly.

Thank you for your time and I hope we all can work together and get along famously! :D Have a great day

#1 W60, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

You seem like an all-round person.
    Add a colour scheme to make it look better.
    I see no issues with your grammar.
    Good luck!

3. W60

W60 Member

Thank you for the feedback hope your having a great day! Stay positive! :D

4. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey there! It is a requirement not to be staff on other servers! Please fix this ASAP.

5. W60

W60 Member

Thank you, this issue is now fixed. I have resigned from that server. It was getting kind of boring anyways. Thanks for the update!

6. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Glad to know! Good luck throughout your application.
    - Zox

7. NotShadey

NotShadey Billie Eilish ♥

✦✦✦ Application Review & Suggestions ✦✦✦

I think you are not familiar enough with the network yet and use different colours for your answers, don't use the same.
    Also, 13y seems a bit sketchy but you could be mature, I'm just talking about the average 13y old but you can be different so not blame for that.

Suggestions to improve:

✧ First of all, join the UniverseMC discord since you're not a part of it. ( click here for the link! )

✧ Be more active on the forums, you aren't known here yet so make sure you get known.

Best of luck!

8. W60

W60 Member

Thank you for the feed back! Im 14 years old sorry for the typo. I havent joined the discord becuase usually all the links are invalid. I am getting used to being more active on the forums as I am getting back into UniverseMC. I also have had another account on the forums but I accidentally deleted that. I have made a new account and Im going to be very active on here. Have a wonderful day! - W60

9. Ethan

Ethan British=Life

Hello I have read your application and belive it is detailed very well formate,

Good luck and have a good day/night

W60 likes this.
  10. W60

W60 Member

Thank you for the feedback have a great day!

11. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Resigned] (I<3Snooker)

Great application, other than the fact it is a complete copy of my application. You have a bit to completely redo your app before it is denied.

12. W60

W60 Member

I didnt copy yours man sorry you feel that way but I did this completely on my own time.

13. TechnoPat

View my application... It's a word for word copy, from question 2 to the conclusion paragraph. I worked very hard on my application, and consistently edited criticisms, and I don't find it pleasing that you stole all of that.

Sure, a smiley here and there, and edited to fit your info, but besides that...

14. W60

W60 Member

I did not steal from your application, thank you for your feedback though. Have a great day!

15. TechnoPat

#15 TechnoPat, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  16. TechnoPat

Just letting you know that this is your last chance to completely redo your application. The administration team has been notified, and if not changed, it will be locked and denied.

17. Dorito_

Dorito_ Member

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

For these reasons your application has been denied:

- Plagiarizing another staff members application

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.