Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Vqzn’s Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Vqzn, May 14, 2019.

1. Vqzn

Vqzn Member

1) Simple Information

=================================================================================

• Minecraft Username:

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Vqzn

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:

Doomscull

OMGItzDoomscull

MrRainbowLover

RektTensionsPvP

ScarceFace_12

Dark_Tensions

ItzCyber

Cubicfrost

FoxyFrostMC

Stactics

Medivial

Unbreakings

Harvesterz

BerlinnHusband

Cherizer

Glenna

Vqzn

• Timezone:

Australia

(GMT+11)

28/9/2003 Im 15 this year, turning 16 next year

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

Not at the moment.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have access to both Discord and various other social networking platforms such as Twitter, Skype, TeamSpeak, and Instagram. My discord is Me. Clean#6950 and I have a good working microphone, the name of the microphone is Blue Yeti Blackout, I've had this microphone for a while and none of my friends have ever had trouble hearing me clearly when I speak through it.

Here's the Microphone: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Blackout/dp/B00N1YPXW2

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I have the ability to record. I set a keybind for my recorder to something that is easily accessible on my keyboard, so as soon as I catch a hacker/rule-breaker, I can activate my recorder, obtain sufficient proof, and punish the player.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, I’ve had void rank on Jupiter since 2017.

=================================================================================

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on the Jupiter realm, but if I were to be accepted, I wouldn’t mind hopping between realms every now and then to ensure everyone else is abiding the server rules.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday: 6-7h

Tuesday: 6-7h

Wednesday: 6-7h

Thursday: 3-5h (I have basketball training on this day)

Friday: 12h++

Saturday: 14h++

Sunday:8h++

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I was banned in early 2017 for duping. I was immature back then and I did not consider my actions. I have learnt from my past mistakes and I can guarantee I am not that type of person anymore. I do not act on impulse anymore and instead I think through my actions thoroughly before performing.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would first warn him to stop spamming, and then I would tend to what he has to say, after it is settled and if he continues spamming me, I would deliver the necessary punishment to him.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I have made a lot of mistakes within the past year, but I have taken lessons out of my past failures, and the most memorable one indeed left it’s mark on me and changed me for the better, last year I had applied on PvPwars for helper and got accepted. Their staff team welcomed me with open arms and they were all nice, I was performing to my best capability and helping everyone I could, for about a week. I got bored of it and after helping all those players, no one recommended me for Jr. Mod, after that, whenever the staff team was in a discord call deciding who should get promoted, my name was not brought up once and I saw many of my peers getting a promotion when I was working harder than them, after that, I decided to just go on an alt and make an anonymous thread describing about commendable feats I had done in the past that no one recognised me for. I know that was wrong and i should be performing to my best capability without any rewards or conditions. I got demoted for that because an admin found out. I deeply regret my actions and I am a changed person.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I have held moderation roles on a few different servers, most of them are pretty small, but the most recent one I have been staff on was a pretty big KitPvP server called Vistapots, a server that was hosted in Asia, I did a decent job of being staff until the server shut down a few days after being accepted due to the server owner not having enough money to keep the server up, I have also been staff on PvPwars, as mentioned above and did a good job for a period of time, as well as multiple factions and skyblock servers and I can assure you, my skills are very keen, I know the commands, as well as when and when to not punish a player, I can easily recognize rule breaking, and I am able to capture evidence very quickly.

I also believe that I have a particular unique skillset that I can contribute to the server:

-Effort

Whenever I am doing something, I put in my best effort, no matter how small the task, same goes for handling the helper role on the server, I will try my best to achieve my aspiration, which is ridding the server of all rule-breakers and I promise to do my very best in order to make that a reality.

-Resilience

I feel that I would define myself a resilient individual, and that I am not a person who would quit or resign if things aren't going the way I want it to, I'm not a person who would just pack up dip, and leaving the rest of my fellow staff members to clean up the mess, I would continue to persevere with my team and conquer whatever challenge is in front of us.

-Maturity

I know that I'm 14 years of age, but I'm a very mature person, I can see from everyone's point of view, and I'm not a person who jumps to conclusions immediately, I know when to have fun and when to be serious. I can assure you that if I'm accepted as a helper, I will act as professionally as a I can as a figure that the other players can look up to as a role model.

-Honesty

If I have committed something wrong by accident, or if I accidentally punish someone, I’m not a person to just leave it be and hope that admins don’t find out, I’m a person that would own up his mistakes to the admin and accept the consequences.

-Equality

I am a non-biased player, and treat everyone the same regardless of their rank or if they’re friends with me, they are all humans that should be treated equally with respect and dignity.

-Responsibility

In real life in school, I have a few leadership roles. I’m currently the Co-Captain of my basketball team, and I have applied for middle school captain, I have done my speech in front of the entire year 9 assembly and vote results have yet to be released.

-Confidence

I feel like I’m a confident person, and if I witnessed bullying or biasness by another helper or a staff member with a higher position than me, I wouldn’t hesitate to step up and stop it, same goes for any other players that I catch bullying other players.

-Commitment

I feel that I can contribute a lot of commitment to the server, and i feel that commitment is one of the most important values for a staff member to have, because if there if there is an applicant with great values and overall a perfect candidate, it would defeat the purpose if that applicant does not have commitment. I honestly want to give the UniverseMC staff team a helping hand and give it the good reputable name that it deserves.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I enjoy practising archery with my friends sometimes as it helps relieve stress, and archery is dependent on the focus and the state of mind of the archer. A few of my other hobbies would be going out with friends, or doing sports such as basketball, soccer, badminton and sometimes casual swimming.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

To start off, I would try answer all the questions. Assuming no other staff are online, and 2 different players are messaging me, I would ask for the names of the hackers, teleport to the players reporting the hackers, and drink an invisibility potion. I would then start recording while in /fly, and after getting sufficient evidence, I would freeze the hacker and send the footage of the hackers through discord while trying to answer as many questions that I can if players are still asking any. As for the user messaging me on discord, I would first tell him to mute the discord bot and to give me a moment while I handle the hackers. After capturing evidence and after helping the two players, I would then go on my phone and dish out the consequences to the user that was blasting music in the channel.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If there is legitimate evidence to the contrary of the reason he was banned, I would begin by apologising to the player. Regarding the spammers, I would warn all of them to cut the spam because I had seen the message the first time and I know that I am in the wrong, and that I would resolve it as soon as I can, but if they kept spamming, I would punish them accordingly. I would then review the evidence and contact a staff member with a higher position and tell him what happened and accept the consequences, whether it be a warning, or a permanent demotion, or let the player that I had incorrectly punished chose the appropriate punishment for me.

11) Anything else we should know?:

Thank you for taking time out if your busy schedules as staff members to read my humble application and for giving me a chance to apply. It means a lot and I await your reply. Vqzn out

2. Strixii

Strixii Member

Hey! @Vqzn, after an evaluation of your application, here are my suggestions:

Add more detail to your answers

Add a color scheme

Be more active network-wide (Discord, Minecraft, Twitter etc)

Refrain from using phrases like "Im 15 this year, turning 16 next year"

Remove those lines and equals as they're quite unnecessary

For more tips you can check out this really helpful guide ↡
    https://universemc.us/threads/guide-to-having-a-decent-application.5826/

Alternatively you can also utilize the official writing guide
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-writing-guide.864/

Additional comments:

You seem like you're on the right track but you definitely need to add more detail to your answers and be more active as I personally have never seen you on the UniverseMC discord server or in-game.

Best of luck!
    - Strixii

3. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

DENIED - Hello, Vqzn
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may reapply in
    2 weeks.

Lack of professionalism on the server.

-UserNumberJuan