Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Vanden Staff Applicaton - Re-do

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by vanden, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanden

vanden Member

• Minecraft Username:
    vanden
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

truenick, ignnick, puuls, ohjunior, ohstephany
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    • What's your timezone?:

CDT, Wisconsin
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:

No, I resigned from all of them
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I do vanden#3535
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I'm going to start recording raiding videos and record almost daily. I did get my new computer so it will be high quality.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, Eclipse on Jupiter and wanderer on mars

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on Jupiter
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I play about 8-12 hours a day on weekends, and about 4 hours on weekdays. (Unless I have sports or other things going on)
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Yes, on universe I've been banned a few times for like a fly boost, and most of the times my brother was hacking on here so I got banned too but I always got unbanned. I have been punished in the last 7 days but it was a misunderstanding and I got un-punished. I was punished for using an "illegal cannon" but it was resolved and I was unbanned.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Well first I would kindly ask them to please stop spamming me. If he or she spams me again, I will give them a warn. If he or she continues to spam me after all the punishments I have given, I will read the staff rules/ guidelines and the re-read the rules on the server to make the correct precautions/punishment on that particular player, whether it is a short ban, kick, or perm mute. If I am able to do nothing about it or I don't know what to do, I will politely ask a higher staff member to help me with the punishment and/or tell me what to do so I know what to do in future situations like that.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I've made quite a bit of mistakes, I was using a fly boost a few times. I didn't know that they weren't allowed. I'm not going to lie, I did have an idea and I assumed that they were allowed but I saw a couple other people do it so I was just like why not. I have read the rules and I did find out that you can NOT have a fly boost or any other advantages against other players. I will not do that again and I am very sorry, I did buy an unban, however, because I really like this server. Another thing, I was pretty toxic on the server and to the staff members because I got quite mad really easily and I am very sorry to everyone. My toxicity levels have decreased dramatically and deep inside I am not toxic at all and I am very nice. I am a pretty chill dude if you get to know me or talk to me. I was denied for being too toxic but I've been starting to make friends with more of the people on the server and I think the community has gotten a lot better as a whole.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

DeltaHCF - I was a moderator on DeltaHCF. Myself and the rest of the staff team were forced to leave due to the server getting ddossed (From what I heard) and the owner didn't have enough time to keep the server running and up on its feet. This server had around 200 players on average. Before the server went down, I was planning on resigning because of the staff members. Some of them were toxic and didn't know how to be a professional staff member and I kind of got sick of it. It was only bringing the community down in my opinion.​

CavePvP - I applied on CavePvP the hcf server a while back when my name was ohStephany I made a really good staff application and I was really dedicated to the server and I was eventually accepted as a trial-mod. After hard work on that server, I was promoted to Moderator but then I had to resign because school was getting hard and I had a lot of sports and activities to do so I didn't have enough time. This server averages 100-300 players on SOTW and around 50-100 players regularly but sometimes it can die.​

VibeHQ - VibeHQ was the first hcf server I was staff on. I was promoted all the way up to Admin. This was a very long time ago but it averaged quite a bit of players. This server sparked everything, me wanting to become a staff member, and my love for being staff. The server eventually went down over time and the owner quit.​

Other faction servers - I have been staff on many other faction server as well. Most of the servers I was staff on, it was way back. I forgot most of these servers because I moved to HCF. I remember one server I was Manager on called GotPvP and BearMC. These servers averaged quite a bit of players but they eventually went down. I have a lot of experience being a staff member on hcf servers and faction servers. With this knowledge I am able to find out who is hacking, have proof of the situation, and I am very capable of telling who is a liar and if the proof is fake or not. With being staff on servers, I do not get nervous talking to people who need help and I will respond to him or her and help that person right away. Some staff members barely answer questions in discord, or in game when myself, or another person asks them for help. Although, this has gotten a lot better and the staff team is improving so I applaud you for that. If someone asks me a question, I will respond and help resolve the issue or answer the question ASAP. Finally, here is a summary of my experience.​

- CONCLUSION OF MY EXPERIENCE -

I have been staff on many HCF servers such as DeltaHCF, CavePvP, and VibeHQ. I also developed my own HCF server that had 200+ players on SOTW. I resigned from all those hcf servers and my own to get back into regular factions because HCF is getting kind of repetitive. I have been staff on a few faction servers way back as well. I am very experienced with being on the staff team and helping players out constantly. I am pretty decent on how to screen share but I could use a little more knowledge. Being a staff member is like a job to me but instead of getting paid, you get promoted and that's why I strive to be the best I can. I will no longer be toxic, I will try to see both sides of people's situations and help everyone when I can. If my own faction member is hacking, I will not ask them to get off hacks. I will freeze them, screen share that person or if I see blatant cheats I will ban them straight away and kick him or her from my faction. I have many leadership experiences as well. I have been the leader in all of my factions on UniverseMC and know the leadership role. Relating to my real life, people would consider me as the "leader" of my friends. Whatever I do or whatever I like, my friends will do the same thing or like the same things I like. I am a very social person as well, I am very outgoing and will not be afraid to help people in the support rooms or to ask other staff members questions or talk to other players through discord. This all comes from me being a leader in the classroom, in my family, and in video games. Going back to the hcf servers I have been staff on, most of them recently went down because there is a lot of competition with HCF servers nowadays and I would say HCF is kind of dying out. All these servers went down after I resigned so I wasn't forcefully kicked off the staff team. Hopefully if I get staff on Universe, I will most likely not resign and I will try and keep my role throughout my whole time on the server or unless something happens where I need to resign or I won't have enough time anymore to play minecraft, other than that, I will be a full time staff member on Universe. This shows my love for the game and for the server and the people playing it, I would love to help everyone out and keep the server on its feet and running.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I am very big in basketball, and boxing. I do like football and I am really good at it but I've never been on a team and I don't plan on getting killed any time soon. I like to fish, play sports, go out with my friends and do other fun stuff that normal teens like to do. I was given a basketball scholarship to Marquette High school. I denied it because I lived far from the school and the homework was out this world. I hope I can go somewhere with basketball like make it to college and maybe hopefully even further than college. I like to box as well. I am a pretty good fighter and can defend myself in situations in real life. I always have time to play minecraft though. I do play most of the day on weekends but I always have many hours to go out with friends and family, I make sure I don't waste time.
    9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I will see if there is another staff member on to help me with the situation whether it is banning the hackers, or banning the person playing screamers in the discord. I will ask the players to take a recording of the person hacking or the person blasting music and their username and their discord tag so I can make the correct punishment on that player. If nothing works, I will go in the channel and talk to the person playing music and ask them to stop or they will get temp banned from the discord and as I am talking to the person in discord I will be watching the player that is hacking on the server. I will make sure the players are punished correctly and I will make sure that both players are helped and everything is dealt with. If I can get one thing done fast, I will quickly go to the next person who needs help and try my best to help that person with the situation and make sure everything is solved and everyone is happy with smiles on their faces.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

First I will recap on what the player did and where I went wrong with the punishment, I will message all the players and say I am looking into it, I will reread the rules and I will most likely record everything I do on the server so I will go back to the recordings and see what I did wrong in that situation. I will be as professional and polite as I can and make sure again, that I take the correct precautions and handle the situation efficiently. I will try and talk to the player I incorrectly punished and listen to their side of the story and listen to why I shouldn't have punished them. If I did something wrong and the player needs to get unbanned or unmuted, I will un mute them and if the player needs to be unbanned, I will get a higher staff member who can unban players and I will explain their side of the story, my side of the story and I will explain why they should be unbanned and how I messed up with punishing them. I will make sure I made the correct punishment and make sure I handled the situation correctly and so that everyone is happy. I will talk to the player and say I am sorry. If this does happen, I will learn from this and this situation will only help me grow and have more knowledge in my staffing career on Universe.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10.5) My qualities:

Honesty:
    I am a very honest person when it comes to situations that may build or destroy my reputation. I am very honest with everyone, I can't remember the last time I lied to be honest. I always tell the truth, even if I may get in trouble with someone. I know that if I tell the truth and get it over with, I will get a second chance but if I lie, someone will eventually find out and I will just keep digging myself a bigger hole in the long run that I can't get out of.

Loyalty: Being loyal is a great quality to have, I am a very loyal person myself all the time. I'm not just going to sit here and act like it, I truly am and I think I can bring my qualities to the table as a staff member on the staff team. I think honesty and loyalty are the biggest qualities to have as a staff member and as a person in general. These two qualities go a long way in certain situations in the game and with other people.

11) Anything else we should know?:

Something you should know is that I will be as professional as I can be. I know most people will lie and try to get stuff but I will be completely honest in everything I do and say. Everything in this application is honest and 100% truthful. Another thing I would like to say is that my brother (Squiggas) is going to be re-applying as well. Like I said in my other app, I'm going to say it again, please don't think that we are just applying to grief the server and cause harm, we had a long discussion on if we should apply or not. We have spent $50+ on the server so I don't think we would want to grief it because we have spent so much money and time. I've been playing this server for more than 2 years. We are both applying to hopefully get the role and we can bounce ideas off of each other and help each other out in most of out situations. I am always on when he is on and he is always on when I am on so there will mostly always be at least two staff members on the server. We can help each other out and only do GOOD for the server. He is going to record everything he does as well if we get the staff roles so I can see both perspectives/POV's, he can see both perspectives/POV's and other staff members and players can see both POV's and players in the situations we are in. It's just in all better for the community and the server. I only want to do good for the server and I only want good FOR the server so hopefully I can get the staff role and I for sure will help make the server, forums, discord, and community a better place. I also did have a punishment within the last week. I used an illegal cannon that I thought was three seconds. I was unbanned because I showed a video that it was three seconds. I now have a new cannon that you can easily see is three seconds that I use so there is no more confusion with the ticks and the timing!

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my application!

Sincerely,
    Nick​

2. troy

troy Member

Nice application best of luck<Troy

3. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

-1. Literally all I am gonna say, check his history, check his chat logs, and watch him in-game. Clearly immature and unprofessional, also can we get some proof of you being staff on these big servers? Don't know if it's just me but just seeing you talk in discord makes me highly doubt it.
    Sincerely-
    drop

4. vanden

vanden Member

Hey, thanks for your response. I've worked on it, and I still am. All of that was in the past about 2 weeks or so. I am getting better though and going to try and keep a clean history from now on :) - vanden

5. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

That is good, I appreciate your response and would also like to say your application does look good, just a big question mark on the staff experience.
    Sincerely-
    drop

6. vanden

vanden Member

Okay thank you, I will try to find some evidence of me being staff on those servers., Although it has been some time.

#6 vanden, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  7. vanden

vanden Member

NOTE: Be sure to leave your opinion in my comment section, It really helps me out to see what I should change or what I should add about my application or my personality. Thankyouuuu :D

8. gankfights

gankfights Member

Since your last application, I definitely can see a difference. You're trying to be more mature & professional, and I gotta respect that.

9. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Hey vanden.

Obviously, you have been toxic in the past but I haven't seen that for a moment and I really like how you laid your application out. Best of luck!

10. therealohJunior

Thank you gankfights, I am trying to be more professional and mature just like you said. Thanks for your feedback - vanden

11. therealohJunior

Thank you Archie, I am really trying to become more professional and less toxic. Thanks for your feedback :) - vanden

12. Triqes

Triqes Censorship
    Junior Mod

I love the color scheme but with the past experiences maybe sort the colors out and add a date to when you were with that server

13. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey Vanden
    Grammar - not that bad there are a few commas that have been missed out but it isn't that visible from reading it. I had to use Grammarly to properly scan out this application for grammatic mistakes, which is a good thing.

Detail - in my eyes, the best aspect I'm going to write about in this application. You showed consistency throughout your application which shows just how much you care about it. Plus, you wrote a nice paragraph about yourself. This sets you out from other applicants and gets us to know about you and your certain skillsets. So good job.

Design - usually I tend not to like application with three or more different colours orientated into it. But this application actually shocked me. I really like how the colours were 'laid-back' if you can get where I'm coming from. It isn't that hard on the eyes and very easy to read.

Overall, this application is pretty good. From reading the other comments though I have heard that you are toxic and have a bad past experience, everyone can change. You just need to prove yourself. Which I feel like you have slightly by replying back maturely.

14. vanden

vanden Member

Thank you for your feedback. I will for sure look it over. Thanks - vanden

15. vanden

vanden Member

Wow. Thank you for putting time and effort into reviewing my application. It really helps. Like you said, I need to re-build my reputation over again and I need to prove myself that I have changed and that I am going to be more mature and professional. I am trying to prove myself and I personally think I have changed a lot and so has the community. I am making friends with more people on the server, and I am working hard to be a more professional, non-toxic person. I will also look over my application to find mistakes I may have missed. Thanks for your feedback - vanden :)

16. troy

troy Member

+1 I do not know if i Am aloud to do this but I love the effort and the Color scheme I looks really nice. I have been noticing that you have matured and Be really non Toxic Keep up the good work -Troywatkins

17. vanden

vanden Member

Thanks man, really appreciated. I'm Trying my best.

18. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Really good application, but I just don't see you much on jupiter and that's a concern in my opinion.
    -It may just be me not noticing you though

19. vanden

vanden Member

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I am on jupiter quite a bit actually, you may not notice me because I changed my name from truenick to vanden. I do, however, have more than 6 days of playtime so I'm on quite a bit. Anyway, thanks for your feedback! - vanden

20. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic
    Management Team Operator Administrator

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Too many infractions in the past 30 days.
    -Has some minor moments of toxicity (such as server disrespect, minor chat rules being broken)

Note: Even though you made a great application, and you have been getting better with toxicity, I can't accept you with this many infractions. Please make sure to follow our rules and I suggest to go without breaking a rule for about a week or two and reapplying.

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.