Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Vanden staff application (4th)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by vanden, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanden

vanden Member

(NOTE) Please note that this is my 4th time applying. I really would like the role on UniverseMC and I have tried really hard. I have added and deleted and changed a whole bunch of information on my application so be sure to re-read it through. I did DM tankharris on discord and he was kind enough to let me re-apply whenever I want, so I decided to reapply right now. Enjoy!

Minecraft Username:

vanden
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

truenick, ignnick, puuls, ohjunior, ohstephany
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What's your timezone?:

CDT, Wisconsin

Are you staff on any other servers?:

No, I resigned from all of them
    Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I do vanden#3535
    Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I will be recording everything at all times for the better of the community
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, Eclipse on Jupiter and wanderer on mars

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on Jupiter, I am becoming more active on Mars too
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I play about 8-12 hours a day on weekends, and about 4 hours on weekdays. (Unless I have sports or other things going on)
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Yes, on universe I've been banned a few times for like a fly boost, and most of the times my brother was hacking on here so I got banned too but I always got un banned. The ban where I logged out while frozen, I got hit offline and so I lost connection and it logged me out of the server so I got banned. I found out who was hitting me off and he got banned. The issue was settled and I was un banned. I recorded it to show I wasn't hacking, everything was back and I was un banned so it was technically a false ban. Secondly, I was banned for allying in war zone, this was a false ban by Sarnando. I was not allying in war zone, Squiggas was in my faction but I still got banned for some reason. I took the time and made an appeal to get myself un banned and explain the situation. It was accepted and I was un banned. I just want you know that these were both false bans. I'm just here telling you about them so you don't think I was breaking the rules. I was also kind of upset because that's going to stay on my record. Other than those false bans, I should have a pretty clean record. I have been a lot better in my opinion. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to apply.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to un mute them. What would you do?:

Well first I would kindly ask them to please stop spamming me. If he or she spams me again, I will give them a warn. If he or she continues to spam me after all the punishments I have given, I will read the staff rules/ guidelines and the re-read the rules on the server to make the correct precautions/punishment on that particular player, whether it is a short ban, kick, or perm mute. If I am able to do nothing about it or I don't know what to do, I will politely ask a higher staff member to help me with the punishment and/or tell me what to do so I know what to do in future situations like that. I will stick to the situation and I won't just blow the player off and ban them just because he or she annoyed me. I will be fair to everyone and I will not get overheated and break the staff rules.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I've made quite a bit of mistakes, I was using a fly boost a few times. I didn't know that they weren't allowed. I'm not going to lie, I did have an idea and I assumed that they were allowed but I saw a couple other people do it so I was just like why not. I have read the rules and I did find out that you can NOT have a fly boost or any other advantages against other players. I will not do that again and I am very sorry, I did buy an unban, however, because I really like this server. Another thing, I was pretty toxic on the server and to the staff members because I got quite mad really easily and I am very sorry to everyone. My toxicity levels have decreased dramatically and deep inside I am not toxic at all and I am very nice. I am a pretty chill dude if you get to know me or talk to me. I was denied for being too toxic but I've been starting to make friends with more of the people on the server and I think the community has gotten a lot better as a whole. Over time. I have gotten denied 3 times. Each time tankharris left me a note, and I really really appreciate that tank. It helps me to see what I need to fix and what to do next. I have been improving and reading what tank had to say. I will still continue to be a better person and player/role model for the community.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

DeltaHCF - I was a moderator on DeltaHCF. Myself and the rest of the staff team were forced to leave due to the server getting ddossed (From what I heard) and the owner didn't have enough time to keep the server running and up on its feet. This server had around 200 players on average. Before the server went down, I was planning on resigning because of the staff members. Some of them were toxic and didn't know how to be a professional staff member and I kind of got sick of it. It was only bringing the community down in my opinion.

CavePvP - I applied on CavePvP the hcf server a while back when my name was ohStephany I made a really good staff application and I was really dedicated to the server and I was eventually accepted as a trial-mod. After hard work on that server, I was promoted to Moderator but then I had to resign because school was getting hard and I had a lot of sports and activities to do so I didn't have enough time. This server averages 100-300 players on SOTW and around 50-100 players regularly but sometimes it can die.

VibeHQ - VibeHQ was the first HCF server I was staff on. I was promoted all the way up to Admin. This was a very long time ago but it averaged quite a bit of players. This server sparked everything, me wanting to become a staff member, and my love for being staff. The server eventually went down over time and the owner quit.

Other faction servers
    -
    I have been staff on many other faction server as well. Most of the servers I was staff on, it was way back. I forgot most of these servers because I moved to HCF. I remember one server I was Manager on called GotPvP and BearMC. These servers averaged quite a bit of players but they eventually went down. I have a lot of experience being a staff member on hcf servers and faction servers. With this knowledge I am able to find out who is hacking, have proof of the situation, and I am very capable of telling who is a liar and if the proof is fake or not. With being staff on servers, I do not get nervous talking to people who need help and I will respond to him or her and help that person right away. Some staff members barely answer questions in discord, or in game when myself, or another person asks them for help. Although, this has gotten a lot better and the staff team is improving so I applaud you for that. If someone asks me a question, I will respond and help resolve the issue or answer the question ASAP. Finally, here is a summary of my experience.

- CONCLUSION OF MY EXPERIENCE -

I have been staff on many HCF servers such as DeltaHCF, CavePvP, and VibeHQ. I also developed my own HCF server that had 200+ players on SOTW. I resigned from all those hcf servers and my own to get back into regular factions because HCF is getting kind of repetitive. I have been staff on a few faction servers way back as well. I am very experienced with being on the staff team and helping players out constantly. I am pretty decent on how to screen share but I could use a little more knowledge. Being a staff member is like a job to me but instead of getting paid, you get promoted and that's why I strive to be the best I can. I will no longer be toxic, I will try to see both sides of people's situations and help everyone when I can. If my own faction member is hacking, I will not ask them to get off hacks. I will freeze them, screen share that person or if I see blatant cheats I will ban them straight away and kick him or her from my faction. I have many leadership experiences as well. I have been the leader in all of my factions on UniverseMC and know the leadership role. Relating to my real life, people would consider me as the "leader" of my friends. Whatever I do or whatever I like, my friends will do the same thing or like the same things I like. I am a very social person as well, I am very outgoing and will not be afraid to help people in the support rooms or to ask other staff members questions or talk to other players through discord. This all comes from me being a leader in the classroom, in my family, and in video games. Going back to the hcf servers I have been staff on, most of them recently went down because there is a lot of competition with HCF servers nowadays and I would say HCF is kind of dying out. All these servers went down after I resigned so I wasn't forcefully kicked off the staff team. Hopefully if I get staff on Universe, I will most likely not resign and I will try and keep my role throughout my whole time on the server or unless something happens where I need to resign or I won't have enough time anymore to play minecraft, other than that, I will be a full time staff member on Universe. This shows my love for the game and for the server and the people playing it, I would love to help everyone out and keep the server on its feet and running.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I am very big in basketball, and boxing. I do like football and I am really good at it but I've never been on a team and I don't plan on getting killed any time soon. I like to fish, play sports, go out with my friends and do other fun stuff that normal teens like to do. I was given a basketball scholarship to Marquette High school. I denied it because I lived far from the school and the homework was out this world. I hope I can go somewhere with basketball like make it to college and maybe hopefully even further than college. I like to box as well. I am a pretty good fighter and can defend myself in situations in real life. I always have time to play minecraft though. I do play most of the day on weekends but I always have many hours to go out with friends and family, I make sure I don't waste time.

Best Buddies: I have recently joined best buddies at my high school. I was introduced to this a couple weeks back and I finally decided to commit to this. My buddy's name is Jake, he has down syndrome and has hard times doing daily things. I actually love hanging out with this kid, he is just like anyone else but has a disability. I hangout with him after school, we high five in the hall way, he's like a really good friend to me now. He is super nice and has taught me a lot. He helped me to become a nicer person all around. He would teach me a couple of things about his life and I would teach him a couple of things about my life. I love doing this (not for a college resume) but just because I love helping other kids out who are less fortunate than I am. He has made me realize that kids with disabilities are just like normal kids, they enjoy and do basically all the same things other kids like to do. I will be doing this for my full four years of high school, because it has already taught me a lot so far. Hopefully my experience with this will teach me even more throughout the years.
    9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

- First - I will see if there is another staff member on to help me with the situation whether it is banning the hackers, or banning the person playing screamers in the discord. I will ask the players to take a recording of the person hacking or the person blasting music and their username and their discord tag so I can make the correct punishment on that player. If nothing works, I will go in the channel and talk to the person playing music and ask them to stop or they will get temp banned from the discord and as I am talking to the person in discord I will be watching the player that is hacking on the server. I will make sure the players are punished correctly and I will make sure that both players are helped and everything is dealt with. If I can get one thing done fast, I will quickly go to the next person who needs help and try my best to help that person with the situation and make sure everything is solved and everyone is happy with smiles on their faces. I'm all about trying to make the community a better place. I know I have kind of made it worse in the past but I genuinely see everyone on the server improving and everyone is becoming more friendly to each other, well, most people.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

First I will recap on what the player did and where I went wrong with the punishment, I will message all the players and say I am looking into it, I will reread the rules and I will most likely record everything I do on the server so I will go back to the recordings and see what I did wrong in that situation. I will be as professional and polite as I can and make sure again, that I take the correct precautions and handle the situation efficiently. I will try and talk to the player I incorrectly punished and listen to their side of the story and listen to why I shouldn't have punished them. If I did something wrong and the player needs to get unbanned or unmuted, I will un mute them and if the player needs to be unbanned, I will get a higher staff member who can unban players and I will explain their side of the story, my side of the story and I will explain why they should be unbanned and how I messed up with punishing them. I will make sure I made the correct punishment and make sure I handled the situation correctly and so that everyone is happy. I will talk to the player and say I am sorry. If this does happen, I will learn from this and this situation will only help me grow and have more knowledge in my staffing career on Universe.
    10.5) My qualities:

Honesty: I am a very honest person when it comes to situations that may build or destroy my reputation. I am very honest with everyone, I can't remember the last time I lied to be honest. I always tell the truth, even if I may get in trouble with someone. I know that if I tell the truth and get it over with, I will get a second chance but if I lie, someone will eventually find out and I will just keep digging myself a bigger hole in the long run that I can't get out of.

Loyalty: Being loyal is a great quality to have, I am a very loyal person myself all the time. I'm not just going to sit here and act like it, I truly am and I think I can bring my qualities to the table as a staff member on the staff team. I think honesty and loyalty are the biggest qualities to have as a staff member and as a person in general. These two qualities go a long way in certain situations in the game and with other people.

Knowledge: I have had minecraft since 2012, which makes me very familiar with the game and how it works. Along with that, I have a lot of knowledge of being a staff member on a server. I know all the the commands, and how to use them, as well as what to do in certain situations. With my knowledge of being a staff member, I will be able to help out as many people as I can to the best of my ability.

Recording: I have a very good PC that can record things in game very well. If I come across something, I will record EVERYTHING I come across as a staff member for proof of what happened in the certain situation. I will be able to record at high FPS with no lag for a better view of what is going on. I will do this for my own benefit, and for the server so there are no arguments of a false ban. If someone does argue with me, I will show a higher staff member the recording and hopefully he or she will help me out to stop that person from arguing.

Support Rooms: When it comes to support rooms and tickets, I will always be there checking them out. I will help the server become a clean community and help as many players as I can handle. I will try my best to be the first person to respond and I will see what I can do to help with whatever the problem is.

Hackers: When it comes to finding cheaters/abusers, I know what is virtual glitch and what isn't. I will make sure before I ban someone or freeze someone to record. I will freeze him or her first and ask if he or she would like to admit to hacking. I will always be looking out for cheaters and rule breakers. I won't always actually play factions. I will do both, but I will make sure I do my job as a staff member.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I am trying to not have any punishments on my future record from now on. I will try my best to have a clean history from now on and to be a non-toxic, helpful staff member if I finally get accepted. Becoming a staff member on UniverseMC would be a dream come true to me. I have truly tried to fix my attitude and myself in general to become a better person on the server. I have tried my hardest on my applications as well so hopefully this one will finally get accepted. I have been playing this server since the beginning and fell in love with it right away and I knew I would be here for a while and here I am. Right where I want to be. I will be as professional as I can be. I know most people will lie and try to get stuff but I will be completely honest in everything I do and say. Everything in this application is honest and 100% truthful. I only want to do good for the server and I only want good FOR the server. Hopefully I will be able to get the staff role and I for sure will help make the server, forums, discord, and community a better place.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my application!

Sincerely,
    Nick

Happy Halloween!

#1 vanden, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. NoHub

NoHub Network Helper
    Helper

Tons and tons of detail, I love it! I like how you ‘made up’ your own question, 10.5, and that you fully go into detail about your attributes etc. Overall, it’s going to be a big +1 from me. Good Luck!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

3. vanden

vanden Member

Hey man, thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will be the last application I'm going to have to make. Good luck to you as well! - vanden

4. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello Vanden! I was reading your application and it was fairly well written. I would greatly suggest keeping a consistent color scheme. (ex. Pink and white, or Red and grey) Keeping a consistent color scheme makes the application more visibly appealing and easier to read and understand.
    Also, remember to constantly review your application, there are always things that could be improved. +1!
    - B1ackmailed

5. vanden

vanden Member

Hey, thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it. I will make some adjustments! thanks - vanden

6. vanden

vanden Member

Revisions made, colors changed. Thank you, again. - vanden

#6 vanden, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  7. LeTryhqrd

LeTryhqrd XP-God, Local /ce Seller @ Mars.

You keep mentioning fly boosting as your mistake in the past year, yet refuse to mention trying to IP-Grab an Ex-Staff (Gankfights). No reasonable person would accept you until you start admitting that.
    We all know it already, just admit it, get over it, and everyone will forget it.

-1 until application changed.

8. vanden

vanden Member

Hello, thanks for your reply! I thought everyone was over it lol. Anyway, I'm not the one who sent gankfights an ip grabber. That was my step brother (cuckhead). I have told gankfights the story, he forgave me and we moved on. Cuckhead no longer plays minecraft anymore, and he is banned just in case. Thanks! - vanden

9. mailpost

mailpost Member

Don’t remember you on CavePvP staff team and trust me i’ll know CavePvP staff team. Can you tell me which map you were staff. Also resigning on CavePvP doesnt work so why were you demoted. Also was GotPvP a bootleg because if we are talking about the same one they haven’t been recruiting a manager since early 1.7.2

10. mailpost

mailpost Member

I will see if there is another staff member on to help me with the situation whether it is banning the hackers, or banning the person playing screamers in the discord. I will ask the players to take a recording of the person hacking or the person blasting music and their username and their discord tag so I can make the correct punishment on that player. If nothing works, I will go in the channel and talk to the person playing music and ask them to stop or they will get temp banned from the discord and as I am talking to the person in discord I will be watching the player that is hacking on the server. I will make sure the players are punished correctly and I will make sure that both players are helped and everything is dealt with. If I can get one thing done fast, I will quickly go to the next person who needs help and try my best to help that person with the situation and make sure everything is solved and everyone is happy with smiles on their faces. I'm all about trying to make the community a better place. I know I have kind of made it worse in the past but I genuinely see everyone on the server improving and everyone is becoming more friendly to each other, well, most people.

Also I know I have seen this somewhere either I typed it or someone told me to read over it for them because It was 1. marked by plagarism and 2. this paragraph is made specifically for a HCF staff application by reading it. Screamers don't really happen on faction servers as they use discord but for HCF teamspeak is where screamers are most found. Also as a helper you can't temp ban in discord or that will be retarded its either ban or mute which shows more signs of teamspeak as in teamspeak you can tempban for a X amount of time.

11. vanden

vanden Member

• Hey thanks for your reply. It says "someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel." Blasting music loudly is basically a screamer. I know that doesn't happen much on faction servers but the question asks me what I would do if someone was playing a screamer so I stated what I would do. I would NEVER plagarise anything. The questions ask me what I would do, and how I would handle each situation. It would be hard to plagarise considering every server doesn't have the same application questions. Anyway, thanks for your reply. Just want to clear up I'm not plagarising.
    Thanks! - vanden

12. mailpost

mailpost Member

can you tell me why it popped up as plagarism?

13. mailpost

mailpost Member

Also if they were blasting music loudly you should of stated that.

14. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Big +1 from me.
    -Good amount of detail on every question.
    -quite mature and fit for the role.
    -Very kind and helpful in-game.
    -extremely active outside of the server (on the discord and forums).

best of luck!

15. vanden

vanden Member

• Hey, thanks for the review man I appreciate it :)

-vanden

16. gankfights

gankfights Member

Hello! I just wanted to ask you some questions. Here is the DM's between myself and cuckhead. In our DM's, cuckhead clearly states, and I quote "I (IgnNick)" which is your old IGN.

1.) If cuckhead IS your brother, why did cuckhead say he was you?
    2.) How can you prevent your brother from doing malicious things on your account if you got staff?
    3.) Are you actually sorry for sending a ip logger, or do you just want the position?

Attached Files:

17. gankfights

gankfights Member

Also, can you explain when you were staff on CavePVP? I dont remember seeing you.

18. LeTryhqrd

@Tank I don't there's more to be said about this application, send it to denial.

19. LeTryhqrd

The guy stated Gankfights was cool with it, which according to the pictures and response above seems to be like he isn't.

20. vanden

vanden Member

Hey gankfights, cuckhead used my discord account to join the universemc discord because he was banned from it. I have prevented him from doing this, he quit playing minecraft, he is banned from the server and discord. I have not seen him for months either, so I think he won't be coming back. I actually feel sorry that he sent you an ip logger, I have been hit off many many times this past week and it is NOT fun. My parents yell at me saying it's my fault the internet it down, but we were just getting hit offline. Once he sent you the ip logger I yelled at him because I knew that I was probably going to get banned to. I would never send anyone an ip grabber, nor do I know how to hit someone off. I have never downloaded an ip stresser and I never plan on doing it. Once again, I am very sorry he sent you that, hopefully we can leave that in the past and move on! You truly are a nice guy and I would never want anyone to get hit offline because I know how it feels. Thanks! Hopefully we can be on good terms.

- vanden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.