Join other players on play.universemc.us

UnevolvedEevee Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ArcticVector, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM.

1. ArcticVector

ArcticVector Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: UnevolvedEevee

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): Dyloo, FluxRod

What's your timezone?: Eastern Daylight Time

• Are you staff on any other servers?: I was actually a staff member on unvadedlands.net but then I got falsely demoted and when I asked for a reason he never responded

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Yes I have a microphone Discord: [EPIC] Ex0Tiz ᴸᵉᵗʰᵃˡ#1181

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I have a youtube channel already, its Arctic Vector

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: No, unfortunately

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Jupiter Factions,

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Well for starter's, I am done school for the summer so I will be very active between 4-5 hours everyday (If you need more time tell me and I will do it), the weekend is also the same (Summer Time). Now for school days, I'm going to be going into secondary 2 (Grade 8), weekdays I will most likely be busy, but I could put 1-2 hours, on the weekend Saturday I could put 3-4 hours (If not more) and Sunday all the way till Supper with is till 5 PM EU (This is school days By the way)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): No I have not been Muted, banned, kicked, IP-Banned, I have not

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would contact a higher up like a Moderator, Jr. Mod, Admin and ask to settle this situation with the correct permissions, if there are no higher ranked staff members online at the time, I would tell them to wait, I'm pretty sure spamming a staff member to do something if it involves a ban, kick or mute could result in something worse so I would wait for one to get online and ignore the player for the time being.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: Ok, so this one day I went for a walk in a dangerous neighborhood, the guy attempted to rob me ( and since I'm an orange belt in karate) I kicked him in the shins and knocked it out, what I learned is not to go in dangerous neighborhood's

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+Charachters): I do, actually the first moderator rank I ever god while playing Minecraft was [Mod], so I do have some experience with dealing with trollers and memer's, I usually kick them 3 times as a warning and if they continue I would ban them, I don't know the minimum ban limits so I don't know how long to ban the said person for.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I play soccer, really and I go to the gym to exercise, I'm hopefully going to get a bike soon to bike with my best friend (I only have 1 friend, I'm very lonely but she's a [GIRL] hehe)

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: OK so first here, I would like to see for myself, and if its what they say is true about this person hacking, I would get a higher up, if they do no show me proof, then I would very much hesitate to get a Jr. Mod or any higher ups if their arent ones already on, and if someone blasting the music channel, I would go and see for myself, if they are then I would ask a higher up to ban them as that I don't know if I have perms to mute people on the discord

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: Oh, I've never been this situation before because I'm very observant but what I would do, is get a higher up and ask to remove the punishment, then I would sincerely apologize for the thing I did wrong, and from then on I would know how to give the said punishment properly

11) Anything else we should know?: No, that's all, for the further question's MSG ME ON discord, please and thank you

#1 ArcticVector, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 12:37 AM
  2. usernamejoshua

usernamejoshua Hondruna the OG

unorganized, sloppy and unprofessional. I would touch up on a lot of it. Chose a color format as well.

3. Dodgedblocks

Dodgedblocks Member

I think you need to add alot more detail and put more effort into this application.
    Add a color scheme of 2 colors
    Be specific in every answer that you give

4. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending
    Junior Mod

Hello @ArcticVector after reviewing your application I've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Increase detail for all scenario questions
    • Implement a visual schedule for question 3 (easier for us to get a grasp on what times you'll be available)
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    • Fix up simple grammatical errors
    • Add in a colour scheme such as Blue and Purple
    Otherwise, everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

5. BrandonGaming33

this is worst than mine somehow, space it out more, add more detail, and edit it before posting

6. ArcticVector

ArcticVector Member

Could you possibly point out some of the grammatical errors, how could I increase detail in my application, I will make a schedule, now that I am done school I am very active, and COLORS ADDED

(asking for your opinion in this reply)

7. BrandonGaming33

ok, rainbow colourway you have now is hard to read and add more detail for question #5, and 7 FOR SURE, a few grammar issues I saw without looking that hard were "I ever god" (#7), and "and knocked it out" (#6) i found these ones in like under a minute, I would recommend using Grammarly to see the grammar errors

8. ArcticVector

ArcticVector Member

LOL IM actually using grammerly

9. KazGames

KazGames Member

Hello, ArcticVector.

I have been taking a lot of things into account with your application. I will list what I think could be changed and then ask a few questions that could potentially be further explained to help your application further prosper.

- Change the color format. (2 light colors typically look good for an application.)
    - Work on your professionalism. Your responses and your application show a bit of immaturity, in which can always be fixed.
    - Work on the logistic side of your application. A few things said don't make much sense. (I will list them below)
    - Increase activity on forums and in-game

Other than those few things, I think you would be great for the role. I don't Accept or Deny applications, but I think feedback can be a great source of improvement.

Questions Below

In the question, "Are you staff on any other servers" you listed you were staff on UnvadedLands. This may be a typo for 'InvadedLands' however, I do believe there was a temporary server titled 'UnvadedLands' which was used in a video with Skeppy and the user 'A6D.' The server was never meant to be a real server that would stay online, so I do believe this wouldn't count as an actual portion of "experience" for your application.

In Question 5, you mention ignoring a player to wait for a higher up. Do you believe that would be the right thing to do as a staff member? Personally, I just don't think ignoring the player until a higher up gets on is the right thing to do. There are several parts of the forums that you may refer the user to, in order to make a report on you if you feel your punishment is justified. As well as, I don't believe you would give someone a punishment without proper evidence or belief that the punishment you gave the user was the right thing to do the time. If you losing confidence over a user accusing you that your punishment was false, I believe you should maybe re-think your position. However, if a user is spamming you as well, it would be against the rules in it's own way, I'd suggest trying to discuss it with the user and then if you are positive you had made the proper punishment, you could further punish the user for spam.

In Question 6, I feel there could be more to explain. Yes, I understand the situation might have been simple, but it's always good to elaborate. For example, what was he trying to steal? How exactly was the neighborhood 'dangerous?' Did you know the person who was committing this crime? What happened afterwards?

In Question 7, there were several errors with spelling and grammar, in which, I have quoted and highlighted for you to fix. I will quote your whole post at the end and highlight all mistakes I have noticed, but for question 7 specifically, you mentioned the first moderator rank you have ever gotten was the moderator rank itself. I believe this should say "The first staff role I have ever gotten, was [Mod]." However, you also mention that you don't know the punishment times for the server. I would recommend looking further into the rules and potentially get more info from the current staff team on punishments and how long they should last. Potentially write it down in a notebook or make a post on the forums if you wish, but this would be essential for a staff member to know.

in Question 8, you make an immature comment, personally I have no issue, but it could get you demoted to make such comments as a member of the staff team.

in Question 9, I see about no issues, the only concern I have is, in the time you try and "see for yourself" the user could die and the hacker may get away with it. Why not try and record it so you have evidence of the incident? Please elaborate further.

You may use the color scheme if you wish, I had to change the look of your application as it was hard to read for myself.

#9 KazGames, Jun 19, 2019 at 2:53 AM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 3:15 AM