Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Troywatkins Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by troy, Oct 9, 2019.

?

Was my staff aplication good

1. Yes Mabby

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No I hatted it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy

troy Member

1)
    • Minecraft Username: Troywatkins

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): I have never changed my name

• What's your timezone?: Pacific PST

• Are you staff on any other servers?: Yes I am But they are my friends servers that I help them with plugins when needed. At the moment I want to put all the other servers away and focus on this server.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes Discord: troyhuff#9941 And I have a xiberia headset

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes I can I use Obs and record through the Xbox app sometimes.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes I have solar on Jupiter

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am the most active on the factions side of Universe I am sometime on Mars but I am mostly on Jupiter. And the hub some times :)

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: About an 3-5 hours a day.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes I Have been banned on UniverseMc a couple of times and hypixel. On universe I have recently been banned for doing /back in enemy territory and I Handled it well better then I use to before.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would keep them muted and find the proof of what they did and send it to a higher staff if they are asking for it. If they are spamming me or arguing with me on an alt account I would mute/ban them depending on what the rules are for this type of situation.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: This last year has been OK I have recently been banned for doing /back in enemy territory. But when I did and told my self that's not right I started to fell better. I think I tool it well.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Yes,I have been mod on a server I have been staff and Still am staff on ironcraft.serveminecraft.net and theskynetmc.net . I have been a great help with the servers. I love catching hacks, I deal A lot with pvp and skyblock realms I have a lot of training with most server trends I have a lot of experiences with factions skyblock prisons and more. One of the first factions servers I played on, I didn’t know much until I got mod and I learned the basics of being staff and learned a lot about factions and then when I was admin I was like in charge of everyone and learned a ton of management skills and with Sr Admin I controlled everything that was happening helping with major decisions. In TheSkyNetMc.net and Ironcraft.serveminecraft.net I help with the pluggins. All these server is pretty old but I was one of the moderators there and I dealt with hackers, spamming, racial/homophobic slurs and basically everything within the chat moderation area. As a mod, I needed to organize an event. These events were to make it so the players on the server had some fun things to do. But those events weren’t only events for the player events. I also helped with the staff discord meetings.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: Yes, I like to go outside and play with my little sister I play football and soccer and I love Track and Hiking. :)

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    With helper rank there really isn't much I can do within the hacker situation, although I would ask the player that reported it too record them if possible through any means of communication and after sorting that I would immediately contact a junior moderator in which would take high priority over all else, as hackers truly ruin all the fun for the community/other players. I would let the players know that I have contacted the junior moderator and those matters are now the junior moderators responsibility and would ask if they have any other questions or queries to be free to ask. As a helper dealing with the blasting music problem should be my first priority, but hacking is absolutely not tolerated in which would be brought to my attention at first notice. Then immediately after contacting junior moderator I would immediately handle the situation in the discord channel, most likely being resolved extremely fast. With all the higher priority tasks out of the way I can then get on to responding to as many questions as possible, answering them in the most respectful way possible not judging them on their questions.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: If I did make a false punishment towards a player. I would do my best to resolve the issue or contact and follow up on the issue to get the higher-ups to resolve it. If it wasn't a false punishment, then I would tell the other players why and provide proof of the accused and why they deserved the punishment. And make a ticket in the universe discord.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I like helping others if needed, a fun guy to Talk with, and always willing learning something new with technology. And best of all if I have not said this already I am always on minecraft if im not outside with my family. Out side of minecraft I love to play call of duty and fortnite and I love to go Swimming and play football.
    That's it!
    Thank you for your time.
    -Troywatkins

#1 troy, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. NoHub

NoHub Network Helper
    Helper

I love the colour scheme, it is very easy on the eyes. Although, I can see a few spelling/tense mistakes (e.g. ‘are all wanted help’) I recommend you fix these minor errors. In addition to this, I also suggest you read over your application Questions as for SCENARIO 9; you didn’t really answer the question. Regardless, best of luck on your application.

- NoHub

3. troy

troy Member

Thank you for adding a comment I will make sure to change some things

4. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Not too bad of an application, although I do recommend adding a little overall detail, and for question 7 to hit that minimum of 200 words as you hit 129. Other than that I've seen you in-game, you don't seem toxic, but I do suggest trying to be more active on the server discord and the forums, other than that best of luck!
    Sincerely-
    drop

5. NoHub

NoHub Network Helper
    Helper

In your app, you say for the question, '• Are you staff on any other servers?' that you 'have OBS' which doesn't answer the question. Also you say you are staff on 2 other servers. As seen here ,'and Still am staff on ironcraft.serveminecraft.net and theskynetmc.net .' This might not look to good as you wont have enough time to dedicate to Uni. Once again I like the app it is very good I suggest you do what dropped said by adding more detail to the 200 word question. Overall, very good detail and good luck with the app!

- NoHub

6. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

The other replies on this application say it all. -1

7. troy

troy Member

I have enough Time for universe the 2 servers are my friends and when they need me for plugins I help. I under stand what your saying -NoHub

8. troy

troy Member

Thank you I will make sure to fix and improve my application.

9. troy

troy Member

I understand

10. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

As the others stated, I'd just try adding more detail!

Best of Luck!

~ Penguin

11. troy

troy Member

Thank you for the good feedback

12. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Troy, reading over your application I see many spelling/grammatical errors throughout your application which can be easily fixed. The application is lacking in detail where it is most needed but, I hope to see you improving in that area most importantly. Here are a few tips on how you can improve with detailing and grammatical errors.

- With the questions, "Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words)" try to section your many experiences based on where they were. Also, try and go into your experience to it's fullest, explain what you did in the server you staffed on, try and explain why you did or didn't like the server and what your worst moments were and how you dealt with them to give the readers and most importantly the recruiter the information that is needed.

Ex.

(Server Name)
    (Your role on the staff team and what your role was)
    (Your experience)
    (Why you left)

- Grammatical errors: Try and proofread your application as many times as you possibly can until you can't find a single error in your application. Things like Grammarly could also help with this.

-B1ackmailed

13. troy

troy Member

Ok I understand what your saying.

14. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

Try to elaborate on Question 9 as in how you would do it.
    Try to add overall more detail in the questions.
    Try not to respond to comments separately but try to say it in all one comment.
    You did hit the 200+ word minimum on Question 7.
    I like the colour scheme.
    Good luck!

troy likes this.
  15. troy

troy Member

Thank you I will make sure to do all these things. <3

#15 troy, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  16. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic
    Management Team Operator Administrator

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration, your application has been denied for the following reasons:

Denied due to:
    -Minor grammar mistakes
    -Staff on two other servers (no matter the "size" of the server)
    -Add spacing between your questions and prompts, as question 8 has a formating discrepancy compared to the other questions
    -Minor immaturity with emojis

Note: I suggest you become more invested in the server. Even though your activity is up, I don't really see you heavily in the Discord and in the global chats. I also suggestion officially resigning from your other servers; we don't accept staff who are already invested elsewhere.

(You may reapply in one week)

-Tank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.