Join other players on play.universemc.us

Troywatkins 4 Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by troy, Nov 8, 2019.

1. troy

troy Member

•Please note that Tank is letting me reapply earlier thank you Tank

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username:

Troywatkins

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    No other usernames

• What's your timezone?:
    PST - (Pacific Standard Time)
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:
    No
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes, I have a discord and a working microphone.
    Discord is troyhuff#9941

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I can record with OBS and clips with Microsoft.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes, I have Solar on Jupiter and Wanderer on mars
    2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am mostly active on Jupiter but I will play sky block about 25% of the time that I am playing.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Mondays: About 3-5 hours
    Tuesdays: About 4-6 hours
    Wednesdays: About 3-5 hours
    Thursdays: About 4-6 hours
    Fridays: About 5-6 hours
    Saturday - Sunday: About 6-8 hours if needed.
    I will be able to play up to 10 hours a day when it is summer. School is done in one week so that is soon.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have been banned on Universe a few times for little things like doing /back in enemy territory but after that, I have read the rules and made sure not to do that again.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Well, first I would kindly ask them to please stop spamming me. If he or she spams me again, I will give them a warning. If he or she continues to spam me after all the punishments I have given, I will read the staff rules/ guidelines and the re-read the rules on the server to make the correct precautions/punishment on that particular player, whether it is a short ban, kick, or perm mute. If I am able to do nothing about it or I don't know what to do, I will politely ask a higher staff member to help me with the punishment and/or tell me what to do so I know what to do in future situations like that. I will stick to the situation and I won't just blow the player off and ban them just because he or she annoyed me. I will be fair to everyone and I will not get overheated and break the staff rules

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    A time that I made a mistake was not doing my best in Middle school. I am still currently in Middle school, but I started to slack off and only play sports. This was a major mistake. I love sports and gaming but I started to get D's and F's, and because these grades were so low I would not play sports. This for me was a wake-up call and told me that I have to try harder to do better in school. After that point, I did all my work, did work that had been missed, and studied for tests when they were due. Now I am getting A's and B's, and now I have learned that if you want to succeed in life you have to try your hardest, and now I am trying my hardest to get helper, and I will try my best to take in any suggestions you guys may have for me.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    SkyNetMc
    SkyNetMc was the first-ever server I have been staff/mod on I started off as a helper and worked my way up to admin. I was a great help to the server they helped me a lot with my staffing skills teaching me how to use commands and how to handle scenarios. I had a lot of fun with my time as a member/staff on that server. I was staff on there for 4 months until I decided to Resigned
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Iron Craft

Iron Craft is the second server I have been staff/mod on I worked my way up to a mod. I had lots of fun on Iron Craft, all the scenarios that I learned I got to use on there I got to help with tickets and Ban/mute players. I felt like a good staff member and felt wanted by the staff team. I was apart of the staff team on Iron Craft for around 3 months. After the 3 months, I quit/Resigned the server.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Llama Craft
    Llama Craft was the most recent server I have been staff on. Everyone on there has been great to me. On llama craft, I got up to helper+ that is like jr mod I helped Perm mute and temp ban players. I also had to help with tickets a lot I had. I was apart of the staff team for 1 month and I was offered to get promoted to mod but I denied it. Because now I am dedicating all my time to the Universe.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I love sports as I stated above. I love to play baseball. It is a stress reliever to me and is a great way to settle down. I play baseball on Mondays and Wednesdays. Another hobby is collecting coins. I do this with my family but do not take that much time. Finally, I go to school to learn and get better.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I would stay calm and not get panicky and overwhelmed. I would quickly jump in the discord call and make decisions whether or not the music is too loud and like ear rape. Then, I would try to provide to the player's wishes as fast as possible. The hackers should be taken care of first if the proof has been obtained. I would ask the people asking questions to me to settle down and answer them as fast as I can. I would then immediately see if there was a jr.mod online that I can message to look at the hackers. After that, I could answer any questions that were being asked well and full so that they can fully understand the answer. If there was no jr.mod online I would go and spectate the hacker and see if I want to screen share him or not and while I am spectating him I can answer all the questions that were being asked and tell the people that the hacker has been dealt with.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would first tell them to make an appeal. Then, I'd then proceed to link the website or discord to talk it out. If they post solid evidence that the victim of this situation was actually not wrong for what they did, I'd apologize very sincerely, and say that it is all my fault and that I'm sorry, and say that it will never happen again. If they posted sub-par evidence, and make constant excuses about unbanning/muting the player, I would consult a higher staff member about the situation. If the staff member asked for proof of punishment, I would show him the screenshot or video of the player breaking the rules. Finally, I would go back to my game and tell the people that were messaging me about his punishment that the problem has been dealt with.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I have been known for a bit of a toxic reputation in the past but I am slowly but surely fixing that!!
    All toxicity stops with this application.
    Thank You for reading my 3 application

-Troy ❤​

#1 troy, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. troy

troy Member

Hoped you liked my application and Thank you Tank for reapplying early and I will try to be more active that was a silly mistake from my part. XOXO-Troy

3. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

Troy, Overall your application looks good. here are a few things to keep in mind (not all are negative):
    -Not enough detail (mainly question 7)
    -A bit inactive since jupiter's reset
    -A bit immature/toxic mainly in-game

------------------------------
    -I like the color scheme you used
    -Clearly determined since this is your 4th application

good luck! -ksklboys

4. troy

troy Member

Thank you for the feedback I will make sure to fix those things I don't think I have been toxic since the reset But I have worked on it.-troy

ksklboys2 likes this.
  5. Dnoxal

Dnoxal X-Staff

Suggestions
    Become globally active (I haven’t seen you online)
    Add some detail
    Become more well known

Goodluck!

6. troy

troy Member

Thank you I am trying to become more globally active. I have has some things I have had to do since the reset. -Troywatkins

7. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey! I like your application and it seems to be fairly details but none the less I do have a few suggestions!
    - Become more globally active (in-game, discord and social media platforms etc)
    - Make sure to always make sure your spelling and grammar is to the best of your ability.
    - Don't use abbreviations such as "bc" as it makes you look unprofessional.

Best of luck
    - Zox

8. troy

troy Member

Ok Please note that I am trying to play more and join the discord chats to. About 1 week ago I was working on some things in my life and I didn't have time now I am trying to get in the groove. -Troy