Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Torsive's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Torsive, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Torsive

Torsive Member

1. 1) Simple Information
      • Minecraft Username: Torsive
      • Previous Minecraft Usernames: Lordcool1,Intimidatinq,Toursive
      • Timezone: EST
      • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes
      • Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? Yes I can
      • Are you Star (Or Above) I am Solar Rank.
      • What is your full discord name? TehKidscience#6605 (I have special letters with Science)

2) Elaborate
      2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server? Jupiter Planet
      3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role? I can play up to 12 hours per day on the weekends.
      4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details. Not that I know of (I have been playing since before they called it Jupiter)
      5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do? First, I would tell them to stop spamming me and that I am not unmuting them. If they continue, I will simply mute them for Spamming Pm's or Warn them (It depends)
      6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? One time this person in my school kept calling me names and picking on me, he had hit me then I clocked him right in his nose. I said sorry to him and that I was just mad and didn't really want to hit him. I learned that no matter how people treat you, you can't stoop down to their level.
      7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words) I am the captain of the 8th grade football team. With that gives me a lot of responsibility. While having to balance that, I also go to Spanish club as well as getting straight A's. I have had incidents where I mad a bad decision as captain. I used to be staff on a discord called Mineman Lounge. I was Mod+ and I had some responsibilities, as in keeping the chat peaceful and attending staff meetings. Mineman Lounge had around 1.5K Players, but sadly got ETB'd by a rogue admin. We restarted a new server and in the first day we had 900 of those members back. I resigned 2 weeks ago due to not finding it entertaining. Mineman Lounge also had a KitPVP Server that ranged around 80-110 Players at a time. The community was really nice and non-toxic. I try to make sure that I can be of use and help others that are in need. I also helped build some of the arena that people pvped in. I made the redstone mechanics that made the arena even better.
      8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ? I am the captain of my school's football team. I go to Spanish Club as well. I like to play video games such as Rocket League.
      9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? First, tend to the people that are asking me to moderate for the hacker, because I would rather have a hacker gone more than someone blasting music. Because having hackers on the server is worse than a person blasting music. I personally would rather ban the hacker first than the person blasting music in teamspeak, just my opinion. Then once I am done banning the hacker I will swiftly handle the person blasting music and hand him the correct punishment for the situation.
      10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? I would make 100% sure I made a mistake in their punishment, tell the player in public chat that I was sorry and I incorrectly punished them. If they don't accept my apology then I will just give them something of my own as an apology gift. I will make sure that I am more sincere and hope that they will accept my apology.
      11) Anything else we should know?
      I have been playing since before they named the planet "Jupiter."

#1 Torsive, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Helper

Hello!

I like the contrasting colors, very obvious difference between questions and responses.

Although I believe this application to be lacking some crucial detail.

Some suggestions:
    • Indent your responses and space them out better from your questions
    • Add a LOT more detail to your scenarios, you have to be very detailed this part. Very important.
    • Grammar check your responses. I noticed a "comma splice" on scenario 9

I really appreciate you trying to edit your application and that you care about it's presentation, but let's try to make it even better!

Good luck!

3. Torsive

Torsive Member

Thank you Tank for your suggestions I will make sure to improve my application.

Tank likes this.
  4. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Network Helper
    Helper

Pros:
    Has discord
    Has microphone
    Meets #7 Requirements

Cons:
    Lacks details for SCENARIO queestions

Colors don't match out really well with the application [Make it lighter colors]
    Globally Unactive [Talk more in Discord,Forums and server]
    Doesn't speak a lot in chat

Suggestions:
    Be more globally active
    Try to stand out more in chat [Talk to players,build a rep, answer helpful questions.]
    Change the 2 colors to something lighter
    Add a little bit more detail more on the Scenario questions.

5. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

No Support.

• Inactive
    • Lack of detail
    • Lack of Effort
    • Unknown in the community

6. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Resigned Staff member

agreed.

7. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Picked up on slight unprofessionalism
    - Lack of dedication and detail in your application
    - Small grammar mistakes within your application.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

Torsive likes this.
  8. Torsive

Torsive Member

Thank you, I will try harder next time.

9. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Better luck next time.