Join other players on play.universemc.us

Interview Torquing’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Interview Applications' started by EasilyStrafed, Feb 11, 2019.

1. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

Minecraft Username:
    Torquing
    Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    EasilyStrafed and TeenyPeen
    What's your timezone?:
    EST

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:
    Yes

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes it will not be the best quality as but it will be suffice

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Yes I have a donator rank on Jupiter I am ghoul rank soon to have a rank on the Mars dimension
    What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234:
    Torquing#2821
    Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I am most active on factions servers, before taking a month long break I was EXTREMELY active on the Jupiter realm. However with the new season of Mars coming out I may begin to play on Mars.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday-Friday: I would be able to play 2-3 hours a day on the days I work ( I do have days off on which I would be able to play 6 hours a day I have 2 days off a week)

Saturdays: I would be able to play 5-6 hours

Sundays: I would be able to play 2-3 hours (that's my rest day) I would be totally ok with sending an admin a picture of my schedule if needed.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    Of course I have been banned on <Server Name> and <Server Name> but who hasn't? I have been muted on UniverseMC for back talking a staff member and I have been banned for being an accomplish to an illegal cannon.
    SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    This Is a case in which I know well being that I was a "well-known player". Lets start off at the very beginning, why would I mute a player (well-known or not)? The reason I would mute them is because they broke the rules its very simple. If the community began to argue with the punishment I had administered I would warn verbally warn them for staff-disrespect (depending on how toxic they become) if they just ask why I muted the player I would simply say " I cannot disclose this information" then the whole situation would be forgotten which of course is the optimum outcome. However if they continued to argue that is when I would verbally warn them. If the situation continued I would be sure to gather sufficient proof in the form of screenshots at which time I would formally issue a warning (/warn) if the situation even continued after this I would punish all offending players in accordance to the rules. If they were spamming in-game I would again verbally warn them for spam (hey guys please stop the spam) if it continued I would punish them in accordance to the rules. If they were spamming me in PMs I would simply ignore them, if they began to spam me in discord I would also just ignore them as I would not want to /ignore or block them because if I was needed at a later date.
    Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I work at a large grocery store chain in the United States, so I have the privilege of getting to interact with people from all walks of life from homeless people who are just looking for their next meal to the occasional millionaire who is more concerned with why his steak is not cut to the perfect thickness than why the homeless man setting outside inconvenienced him by asking if he could donate any spare change. A lady came in as I was stocking shelves and tapped me on the shoulder at which time I turned around and greeted her and welcomed her to my store she was a young Venezuelan lady who spoke very broken English but was obviously trying she was maybe mid 20s. In her hand she held a can opener and a can of tomatoes and asked me again in very broken English how to use the can opener at which time I laughed and kind of shrugged her off thinking this was some prank I told her to have a good day and walked away thinking this was the end of the situation. About 30 minutes later I went on my 15 minute break and walked outside at which time I noticed the same lady in the parking lot with her can of tomatoes rubbing the can on the concrete to try to get the can open. I felt so bad like really really bad so I walked over pulled out the Swiss Army knife I keep in my pocket handed it to her showed her how to use the can opener on the tool and walked her back inside where is wasn't as cold, I then took her to the deli and I paid for her lunch. What did I learn? I learned to never take things for granted and be understanding when someone is not quite as fortunate as you and to be willing to help them.
    Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    I have a large variety of staff experience from Helper to Owner. For the sake of not wanting to advertise I will not tell any IP address for any of the server I am going to mention.
    Firstly CustomPvP (100+ players) this was my first server I ever got staff on and it was extremely exciting I was helper and got promoted all the way to Moderator before I was demoted due to questioning the servers shady business tactics.

Secondly TortillasMC (20+ player) I was owner and founder of this server I played the role of owner and developer on this server which was fun for a short while until it became a chore at which time I abandoned the server.

Thirdly SoilderMC (40+ players on opening) This server had the most potential of all previously listed I was the Staff and Community manager with a very dedicated owner (Mr_G4mer) who was full of new ideas that could have truly revolutionized the Minecraft factions community however due to family tragedy the server suddenly went offline and all rights Mr_G4mer had to his server were sold.
    Lastly UniverseMC (160+ player) Though my entire almost 9 years of playing Minecraft I have never spent more time on a server, I was helper on this server for roughly a month before I resigned due to lack of time and community disrespect. (230 words)

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    Yes I work, I fish, I box and I go to the gym on the regular basis I also consider school a hobby as it is easy and I get to be with my friends.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    Player experience is paramount with the fragile state of the Minecraft community as sad as it may be, one hacker may be the last straw for a player and the player may quit the server. So I would firstly verify the complaint about the hackers as not to waste the time of the Junior Moderators. I would do this by teleporting to the victims in vanish and begin recording. During this time I would be also verifying the complaint of the player in the discord by joining the channel. If the complaint was valid I would prompt the player to switch channels or join a private call after warning the player that blasting music is not allowed in the servers discord. I would then message a Junior moderator over discord or the servers slack to further review the hackers. If the hacks were blatant I would freeze the offending players and punish them in accordance with the rules.
    SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    If an incorrect punishment was made I would do my best to resolve it with the tools I have been given. Firstly I would apologize to the victim and take responsibility for my actions. Then I would begin finding out how to make the situation right weather that would be giving the victim some gear to reimburse them for the time I have caused them to lose or simply being in a call with them and a senior member of the staff team to review how the situation should have been handled. For the players spamming I would prompt them to make a staff report with valid and sufficient proof and I would then issue a verbal warning for spamming, if the situation continued I would punish them in accordance with the rules.
    Anything else we should know?
    I would just like to thank everyone in advance for all feedback given in this application. Feel free to PM me over discord with questions or if you would like me to clarify any of my responses. Have a good day!

#1 EasilyStrafed, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  2. AwesomeBroDude

AwesomeBroDude Riven Main
    Helper

Hello @EasilyStrafed, Here are some suggestions I came up with while reading through your application.

Suggestions:
    - Correct the few grammar and spelling mistakes found throughout your application
    - Become more Globally active. You're coming off of a long break and we want to see you around (Forums, Discord, Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - A little bit more detail in your scenario questions

Other than that it seems well done.

Good luck.

3. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

I Really like the contrast in colors. It is very pleasant to read.

Suggestions
    -
    Be more active on social media platforms

- Good Luck

4. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

Thanks guys! I’d love the opportunity!

5. Zarinaw

Zarinaw Magical Unicorn <3
    Junior Mod

Hello @EasilyStrafed!

Please consider these few suggestions I have for you.
    - Be more globally active (As you just have come back from a break from the community)
    - Space out your questions and answers a bit. (Makes it look cleaner and not as packed up)

Good Luck!
    ~ Zarinaw

6. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Former Staff Member

Hey, @EasilyStrafed! I love the colours that you used in your application, try to implement the suggestion above!

Best of luck!

7. EwanThePug

EwanThePug Member

Love it! Good Job dude. Keep up the good work.

8. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Nerd/Weeb

Hello, @EasilyStrafed Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Correct the Minor Grammar Mistakes throughout your application
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add slightly more detail to your scenario questions

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

9. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

Thanks guy! If I could redo it I would 100% implement those changes!

10. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Suggestions
    Be more globally
    Add more detail
    Space out questions a bit

11. EwanThePug

EwanThePug Member

You can edit it to make those changes.

12. EasilyStrafed

EasilyStrafed Member

@EwanThePug I know but I treat this like a job application and you can’t edit a job application Thanks though man!

13. EwanThePug

EwanThePug Member

Alright. I see. Nice to know you take this so seriously! Good luck!

14. LoonieTitan_

LoonieTitan_ Member

+1 I think you would be a great addition to the staff team!

15. ItzMxrk

ItzMxrk Network Admin
    Admin

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity in-game and on our social media sites. Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days. Thanks.

16. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

Interview - Hello! After reviewing your application throughout the past few days we have decided to interview you, please contact an admin via discord regarding this.

It is your responsibility to PM an admin like myself regarding this.

My Discord: RoboticSavage#7091

Good luck.

Thanks.

17. yoursooonice

yoursooonice Member

18. ItzzzAviator

ItzzzAviator Trending Page
    Helper

19. EwanThePug

EwanThePug Member

20. RNS

RNS Member