Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied TheSnowFactor Staff App

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by patrickmims, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickmims

patrickmims Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: TheSnowFactor

• What's your timezone?: ETS

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I was a long time ago when I was like 16.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    Yes, I do TheSnowFactor#6851
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yep
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Nope broke college student right here

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I'm usually up after 12 it depends on my schooling, could be morning, night, really anytime Im not working out, in class or doing home work.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    1-3 hours depends
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    Nope
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Report to higher staff, Also compromise and ask them to please stop messaging you.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I made a mistake recently with not renewing my apartment lease. Bad move I had to find a new place to live that's more expensive. I dealt with it in stride and had to handle finding a place to move. I learned how to manage my finances better.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Yes I do, I'm also a business administration major and currently focusing on entrepreneurship, I'm trying to start a nonprofit during the summer (long process)
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I'm a full-time student and an active sport member of my college, I really get on Minecraft to relax and take a break for studying.
    9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    You handle each request one by one and don't get stressed, try to find a resolution and decide from there.1
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    Look at the situation, ask your self. 1. Did he really deserve the punishment? 2. Was he caught on video? 3. Talk to another staff member to see a conclusion.
    11) Anything else we should know?:
    Not anything special, I'm just an average joe who wants to have fun and relax and be part of a community.

#1 patrickmims, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

hey patrickmims,
    I recommend that you add a nice color scheme to your application since it makes it look a lot better! Also, you should add a lot more detail, especially to the scenario questions
    good luck! -ksklboys

3. mr2f0

mr2f0 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

I have a few suggestions and changes I would recommend, that would improve your application, and overall increase your chances of being accepted.

First, the biggest issue that comes to mind when I first started reading your application was your activity. I, being primarily a Jupiter and pluto staff, haven't seen you very active across the network, or chatting and helping people out. I highly recommend you work on being globally active. Take some time to talk more in chat, help out people who have questions, and spend some time on each realm.

Second, your application is lacking overall detail. Question #7 (Experience) does not meet the requirements of 200 words. On top of that, the rest of the questions (Mostly looking at the scenario questions) are very basic and lack detail. Try to expand on these questions and explain your answers.

Finally, this last part ties back in with my first. Get a little more known in the community. Like I said above, try your best to be more active across the different realms and in chat. Try to respond to some post on the forums here, and use our discord to chat to more players (You haven't sent any messages in the discord)

With that being said, best of luck with your application!
    _________________________________________________________​

4. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello! I regret to inform you that your application has been Denied.

The reason(s) for the deny are the following:

-Lack in Overall Detail
    -Lack in Global Activity

Thank you for applying for UniverseMC, you may re-apply in 1 week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.