Join other players on play.universemc.us

TechnoPat's Second Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TechnoPat, Jun 12, 2019.

1. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

• Minecraft Username:

TechnoPat

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

natpatdad

• What's your timezone?:

CST

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No, I am currently helper on no servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Yes, I have access to discord and a working microphone. My discord is TechnoPat#7529

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I can record videos in 720p60 at 40-100 fps.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Yes, I have Galactic rank on Jupiter.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on Jupiter, I play there allot.

However, I am familiar with Mars as well, and also have knowledge of Neptune.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday- 3-4 hrs

Tuesday- 3-4 hrs

Wednesday- 3-4 hrs

Thursday 3-4 hrs

Friday 3-4 hrs

Saturday 5-6 hrs

Sunday 5-6 hrs

This will be my schedule for the week. (During the summer, I will be playing much more.)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have had a 17 day ban for illegal homes (The day it and the new factions rules were implemented). I have kept up with the rules now, so I don't get banned for a rule I am not aware of.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would tell them to calm down, why I muted the player, and ask them if they want evidences to why I muted the player. I would do this to, at first, try to be logical with the player, and try to show evidence and calm them down. If they still don't stop, I would ask him to appeal for an unmute, or to buy one. I would tell him that there's not much you can do, but if you make an appeal on why you should be unmuted, and if it's not just rage (Ex. "Stupid helper abuse. Unmute now), that they would have a likely chance of being unmuted if they write a genuine appeal.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

At one point, I was very toxic, and would usually start spamming chat and getting very mad whenever someone killed me, or was very rude or toxic . This would usually lead to mutes, and to staff not being very happy, as well as my mood suffering, which would sometimes linger with me throughout the day . Eventually, I learned to calm down, and instead when angry either just stay silent ,or log off.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Currently, I do have moderation experience on District HCF. Before the server shut down, it got around 10 players a day, and I was helper, with perms similar to the helper here. After moderating on District HCF, I have previous experiences in being a helper, which will help me in the long run. I can also be a good figure for players to follow by being positive and mature. I have had to enact punishments on several players, and in doing so, learned when i needed to do it. I was also a faction leader, and it taught me less about factions than it did about reputation. Obviously, reputation is not the most important thing, but if you're toxic or do nothing, the community's opinion of you will sour. And when your reputation sours, it's likely you'll be assaulted in chat, or may even receive a demotion due to how bad your reputation may be.These experiences can help me as staff.

FierceFactions- Helper

Though the servers has died, it has taught me what it's like to chat with staff, and work discussions. It has also taught me how to manage discord, and has made me very active on discord, which is a necessity

Revolution- Faction Leader

Being a leader of a faction has taught me how to avoid arguments, and use the opinions of others. It has helped me in management skills, and has helped me to treat other players with much more respect

NATO- Faction Leader

NATO (My current faction) is bigger than Revolution was. It has taught me how to make friendships and alliances with other people more effectively.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I am involved it school and martial arts, as well as orchestra. I also have experience in debating and public speaking.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would try to take down these tasks one at a time. I would mute the person blasting music into the channel, and warn them to stop, while asking for a junior moderator to come online. I would also ask more staff to come online and attempt to get them to help as well, so there is less pressure put onto me and the rest of the team. I would ask the staff who come to help to deal with the questions, as the discord and moderator are not as hard to deal with. You should always try to remember that you are not alone, there is a whole team to help!
    If staff do not come online, I'll deal with the players questions while managing the discord, and patiently wait for the Jr. mod (Or staff of a higher rank), to come online, then direct them to the players who need help.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would first ask them to calm down, and tell them to help me with the situation and explain their evidences calmly (I would ask them to show me or tell me why it was false, whether pictures or videos, etc.). I would also show them the evidences and steps I took leading to the punishment (Like pictures, decisions, and opinions). I would lastly tell them to ask the player to make an appeal on forums, showing evidences of why it was false and why it was a false and incorrect ban/mute, or to buy an unban/mute from the UniverseMC store. If it does turn out to be a false mute, me or another staff member would unmute them, and apoligize for the misconception.

11) Anything else we should know?:

No, but I appreciate your time. Thank you for reading my staff application, and I hope you have a great day.
    The staff application is identical to the last one, as I was turned down for toxicity and immaturity. I took a break from minecraft and feel that I am much better now.

#1 TechnoPat, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM
  2. usernamejoshua

usernamejoshua Hondruna the OG

I would check for spelling mistakes and choose a new color format. Also add more detail overall to your application.

Thanks,
    Josh/Hondruna

3. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

Thanks for telling me. I will be fixing these issues

4. ItsJoes

ItsJoes Member

Hello Techno. I would recommend changing the overall color of your application as I find it particularly hard to read any of your answers due to the dark color used. Thanks

5. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending
    Junior Mod

Hello @TechnoPat after reviewing your application I've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Increase detail for all scenario questions
    • Increase activity on all platforms, including both in game and on social platforms
    • Fix simple grammatical errors
    Otherwise, everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

6. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

Ok, thank you!