Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Tankharris's Re-Application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Tank, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Helper

1)Simple Information-

Minecraft Username:

tankharris

Pervious IGN's:

https://namemc.com/profile/tankharris.1

Time Zone:
    Pacific Standard Time ‎(UTC-8)

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    I do have a working microphone and I'm constantly on the Discord as the User, "LJ".

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
    Yes, I would record evidence through OBS or possibly Nvidia Shadow Play if deemed necessary. Which ever one is more efficient.

Are you Star (Or Above)
    Unfortunately not.

What is your full discord name?
    LJ#9206

2)Elaborate-
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I'm currently most active on Jupiter. Although I did play on Mars before the reset and plan on returning to it once re-released.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
    Currently I have plenty of free time, upwards of 5 possibly 6 hours daily.
    Here is a detailed schedule for me:

Sunday - possibly all day
    Monday - Early morning, after about 3 p.m. (PST) and beyond
    Tuesday - Early morning, after about 3 p.m. (PST) and beyond
    Wednesday - Early morning, after around 1:30 p.m. and beyond
    Thursday - Early morning, after about 3 p.m. (PST) and beyond
    Friday - Early morning, after about 3 p.m. (PST) and beyond
    Saturday - possibly all day

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details

Yes, I've been banned from <Server Name> for past hacked client experiences. This was around the 1.7 era of MC if I recall correctly.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would tell them my reasons of why I muted them which would be backed by my screenshotted evidence. If they're not satisfied with that I would calmly tell them to create a ticket on the Discord and I'll submit my evidence for review from a higher staff member. If they still persist to spam me I would tell them that they're again spamming and need to stop, warning them. If they still continue after being muted and getting another warning, I would mute them further and also submit that evidence for review if they make a ticket arguing that I falsely muted them.

If found false, I would accept my consequences and learn from the mistake.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

One mistake I made in the past was definitely my actions after my first application. I will confess that I was cocky in my application and held it to high standard. Then once in the pending phase I seemed to have ignored or rather put in the back of mind of acting professional, which after seeing other upcoming helpers do the same and then be denied, I learned so much from my denial. It really was an educational experience. I learned that when I was feeling so pressured to be active in the community that I needed to still act professional, the idea of quality over quantity. I tried to put my name everywhere, on the Discord, on the forums, in the server, even in the channels of other factions. I learned that me trying to do this was unprofessional and childish.

So I found my resolve. I contacted new, old, and current staff to help better my decisions on my application, my way of speaking (which I plan on improving further on since it will never be perfect), and my actions in the multiple media outlets whether it be discord, the server, the forums, or even the newly introduced twitter.

With this said, I would appreciate any constructive criticism since I will keep applying if denied.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)

Yes, I do.
    My first moderation and leadership role was many years ago during the rise of popular free to play steam game "Unturned".

I started on a server called "COS". We used to have a forum but I can't seem to find it and I recall it being bot spammed after the server passed. I started as moderator and became a senior moderator soon after. Eventually resigning once the server slowed down.

My most proud and most fun staffing experience was during the creation of my own server with one the past moderators of COS. I learned so much from console commands, installing plugins, and most important the people I met. The server was called "ToastSquad" a rather funny but friendly name for an almost pure vanilla experience of the game. Soon the server slowed after about 3 months and I honestly miss the experience and is one of the reasons why I apply to UniverseMC today.

I'm still apart of the steam groups, and friends with my fellow server creator:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IRL Leadership Experiences-
    I've also dealt with a real life experience of being first chair in my high school band. Meaning that I have to take care of my section's instruments and responsibilities. I'm first chair of the Tuba/Sousaphone section and we have plenty of responsibilities when our band travels. If anyone knows about band then you would know that these instruments are very large and cumbersome to travel with so it is a big reasonability to make sure that they're on the bus, not damaged, have all their accessories, everyone has their music, and so forth.
    Even when we stop somewhere our instruments are very heavy and sometimes we have to have other members assist us. For example when our band traveled to our state college, University of Washington, we had to go through many long hallways and go up very tall sets of stairs. While the whole time not getting lost on the sprawling campus.

In conclusion though, I've never had Minecraft experience so this would an entry level role for me.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

I'm involved in my high school band and soon to be the track team in spring. Although these shouldn't be an issue with my schedule as stated previously.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on TeamSpeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

First and foremost I would answer any questions that come at me. While doing this, I would enter the TeamSpeak and ask the person to stop playing their music, basically give them a warning. If they persist I would probably move them into a different channel or mute them if they're difficult about the process.

On the topic of the hackers, I would ask the person to make a ticket in the Discord and help them from there asking them simple questions like: Who is the hacker? How are they hacking? Do you have proof? What is your IGN and who else was involved? If it was necessary I would then contact a moderator which from there they could contact higher staff if necessary.

I would of course multi-task this whole situation by answering any questions quickly and efficiently while dealing with the ticket in Discord about the hacker. This would be already after dealing with the issue in TeamSpeak since it is a rather trivial issue and easy to solve.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

I would first tell them to please create a ticket in the Discord. If it be a ban, then I would ask the banned player to appeal on the forums. If they keep spamming me, I would warn them to please move the issue to the Discord via ticket and we can sort it there with higher staff present. If they persist then I would act out a short mute with evidence of why I muted them. When on the Discord, I would present my evidence with higher staff present.

If challenged:
    If my ban or mute was challenged I would present my evidence accordingly with on topic evidence and recordings explaining my reasoning behind why I punished them like so and what prompted me to do so. I would then talk to the higher staff present whether it be admin or moderator on their thoughts and answer any questions they had for me.

If found as a correct punishment, I would take note of what I could've done better to avoid another PR fiasco in the future.

11) Anything else we should know?

I would just want to voice that I have learned tremendously from my last denial and that I'm grateful for all the help which I've gotten from staff member's words or actions. I would also like to note that I am grateful being allowed another opportunity to prove that I can be a professional staff member for the server.
    Thank you for you time!

#1 Tank, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Hey, I think your app looks good! The only thing I find as a con is the color scheme, it hurts my eyes!

[Edit:] You just created a account, so why does your title say "Reapplication"?

Tank likes this.
  3. Tank

Helper

I was wondering the same thing actually...Thanks!

4. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

Hello, @Tank Here are some Pros, Cons, and Suggestions.

Pros:
    - Exceeds Age Requirement
    - Organized Application and Color Scheme
    - Detailed Application
    - Active on Jupiter
    - Professional and Mature
    - Globally Active

Suggestions:
    - Become more well-known in the community (Being well-known will highly increase your chances of being accepted)

Cons:
    - New to the Community

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

Tank likes this.
  5. Tank

Helper

Here is my first application:
    https://universemc.us/threads/tankharriss-staff-application.5252/#post-29672
    If you mean why I haven't waited the full week, I already got that covered. (From being denied)

6. Acceptation

Acceptation Member

Big support from me, seems like a chill guy and is extremely active on discord

Tank likes this.
  7. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity in-game and on our social media sites.
    Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days.

Thanks.

Tank likes this.
  8. SketchyAI

SketchyAI Network Helper
    Helper

Good luck!

Tank likes this.
  9. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Helper

Congrats On Pending!

Tank likes this.
  10. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

@Tank
    Congrats on Pending! Be as active as possible!
    As I've told you hard work comes a long way!

Tank likes this.
  11. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

Interview - Hello! After reviewing your application throughout the past few days we have decided to interview you, please contact an admin via discord regarding this.

It is your responsibility to PM an admin or myself regarding this.

My Discord: RoboticSavage#7091

Good luck.

Thanks.

12. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

@Tank
    Congratulations on proceeding to the Interview stage! Make sure to answer all questions calmly and honestly!

16LettersUserIGN likes this.
  13. Acceptation

Acceptation Member

Well deserved. You're going to go far as a staff member, cause like I already know you're getting accepted.

16LettersUserIGN and Tank like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.