Join other players on play.universemc.us

Suggestion for Sr.Mod!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dnoxal, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Dnoxal

Dnoxal X-Staff

Thread Title:
    Suggestion for Sr.Mod!
    IGN: (In-game name):
    Tentor
    Date:
    Nov 2, 2019
    Suggestion:
    Yikes. Maybe your guys could make a plugin that makes it so if a Sr.Mod+ is playing, they have to do the command (For example: /Play) where they get mod perms (or something) and if they don’t they get a warning or a strike... because I know it’s easy to abuse but they should get a opportunity to play too, as switching alts is annoying if there are rule breakers.
    Server:
    Jupiter Planet
    Reason for this Suggestion:
    So Sr.Mods can play, and so it’s less of a chance that they will abuse.

2. Acceptation

No Support.

The whole point of a senior moderator is to give less work for the administrator team so that they can work on bigger projects such as working on updates, releasing new game modes etc. They are given the option to take on the senior moderator position or not so it's not like they don't have a choice. Anyways even with this, they can easily just go back out of /play and spawn stuff in for themselves.

I don't really understand your whole point of "so they can play and have a less chance to abuse" the current way the position works is going smoothly and no one hasn't abused at all so I don't really see the point of implementing this.

3. GetTheShotgun

GetTheShotgun Best Staff Member!
    Senior Mod

Hey @Dnoxal

The point of Sr mod is to prepare the staff member to become admin, he/she won't be able to play while being admin and you learn a few commands which are useful to learn when he/she becomes an admin.

Sr mods know full well what they are starting on when they accept the new role within the staff team, the admins explain to you that you aren't allowed to play anymore and they ask if you want to accept the new role. (I even got 2 DMS telling me. you don't have to accept, IDK if that was a hint ;) )

GetTheShotgun