Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Dablicous, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dablicous

Dablicous Member

1. Simple Information

Minecraft Username:
      Dablicous

Previous Minecraft Usernames:
      Special_12K

What's your timezone?:
      I am in the EST timezone

Are you staff on any other servers?:

------------------------------

Currently I am not staff on any server, However, I have been staff on a popular server named Royal-Craft. It was a server that had around 400-500 people online at a time! I started out as a Junior helper, and worked my way all the way up to Head-Admin and Staff manager. But, my journey was not simple; I had to be constantly active every day for countless hours. And After a whopping 8 months, I finally achieved my goal of becoming the server manager. And sadly after I took my 2 year break from Minecraft, the server shut down for an unknown reason. I even decided to check the main Youtuber's channel from the server and noticed none of his videos were up anymore. This of course made me pretty upset, but I have moved onto this server which is much more fun!

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag:

Yes, I have access to discord. Discord username is Dablicous#7867
      And I also have access to a good microphone.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I can record Minecraft videos. I currently use the OBS screen recorder and the Nvidia screen recorder which both record with great quality. I can use the screen recorders to record hackers for proof of them cheating. It is very important to never hackusate unless you have proof!

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

No, Actually i haven't got a rank sadly due to money issues and parents but that's okay.

Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am definitely most active on the Mars Dimension. I mainly play on the Mars Dimension because that is where my friends are at. However, I plan on hopping on the other Dimensions to get a better feel of what they are like. You never know if you like something if you haven't tried it yet.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I plan on contributing a lot of my time to the server. However, because I am in the running start program for my school, I have much more work to do and have multiple homework assignments to do everyday. But, this wont stop me from not playing. I Try my best to get on as much as possible during the week. And on the weekends, I can stay on for however long I want. Listed below is my "Play-Times" Schedule.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Play-Times
      Monday: 4:00 PM -> 8:00PM
      Tuesday: 4:00 PM -> 8:00PM
      Thursday: 4:00 PM -> 8:00PM
      Friday: 4:00 PM -> 8:00PM
      Saturday: 8:00 AM -> 7:00 AM
      Sunday: 8:00 AM -> 6:00 AM
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details:

Yes. I have been permanently muted on multiple servers before due to me advertising one of my friends servers. But keep in mind, this occurred more than two years ago. Back then I was immature and did not know how to act politely. The biggest incident however, was getting muted on the server <Server Name>. This happened when my friend just made a server and we got everything set up. We were both so excited and desperate for players, that we both just decided to go onto the bigger servers and spam the server IP in chat. But, little did we know, this was a very bad mistake. Only a couple of people ended up joining and we ended up getting muted on <Server Name>. I was so sad that I got muted on <Server Name> that I decided to file an appeal. But, because I was not so good at writing, my appeal got denied. And after this moment, I decided to take a very long break from Minecraft. And after all this time flew by, I finally decided to make a second appeal on the server. But, this time i came prepared; I had matured and gotten much better at writing. And after I made my second appeal, It got accepted. And yes every once in a while I did get banned instead of getting muted, BUT, I have never cheated in Minecraft in my whole life. I find cheating very unfair for other players and I always put myself in the other persons perspective. Cheating in any game just makes the game worse for other players, and that is what makes it extremely selfish.

[SCENARIO]: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would begin by telling the player that their actions could just augment their punishment. If the server has a specific set of rules, I would read over them and see if I would need to elongate his punishment for constantly arguing and spamming with me. If the player continues to spam me, I would kick them and instantly report what has occurred on the server with provided screenshots as proof. When muting a player, it is usually because they have violated the chat rules to an extreme measure. Therefore, if someone where to have been muted by me, it would have to mean that they were spamming the chat to an extent level or saying awfully offensive racial slurs.Therefore, if the player were to argue with me, I could provide the screenshots taken in game and use them as legitimate evidence to back me up. If the player joins back after the kick and continues to spam me, I would unfortunately have to request a temporary ban for the player. But, this will not always be the solution... because there is a possibility that no moderators will be online. I would need to inform the player that if he continued to spam me, his actions could end up resulting in a much more serious punishment; such as a ban.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

Yes, of course last year I made a foolish mistake of spending my money on MVP+ on <Server Name> on a account named ItsScruz. I spent that money when my parents told me not to. To this day I still feel the guilt of the doing of my actions everyday. I have learned to think before you act. That day I did not have the appropriate manner to use but I still recall that day a bad day.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?

I would say I have a decent experience with server moderation. As I said earlier, I used to play every day on a server named Tornadic. It was a somewhat large server that had many unique players online from across the globe. I would get on every single day for countless hours and help players on a daily basis. Even though I was not allowed to join any faction due me being an admin, I still enjoyed going onto the server and making the community more happy. Although this was by far my biggest server moderation experience, I still had a few smaller ones. I was also staff on a couple of servers that had around 40-50 players online constantly. However, I was never able to make my way all the way up to Admin because the Owner was rarely online and I did not have any good form of communication with any of the other staff members. After a while the population of the server lowered to about 20 players and after a while I was not on the server a lot and I got demoted and made fun of.

What hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -Rock Climbing / Hiking-
      I love the outdoors and nature. I find mountain ranges and forests very beautiful which is why I enjoy exploring them so much. When I was just 5 years old, my mother signed me up for rock climbing. I feel like this was one of the best things my mother has done for me because now I am an advanced rock climber and compete in some climbing tournaments. But, Rock climbing isn't the only spring sport I do. I also Hike; My biggest achievement was reaching the summit of Mount Rainier. It was a total of 4 days just to reach the top, and I needed to come prepared with lots of gear. Mount Rainier was very a very fun hike but it was just one of the hundreds of hiking trails I had conquered.

-Soccer-

I began playing soccer when I was 7 years old. My parents had noticed the way I kicked the ball around my backyard and decided to sign me up for a recreational team for a soccer club. I really enjoyed playing Soccer with my new friends, I was always very excited to go and play with them every other day. And after every year, I had began to feel like I was advancing more and more. And as I grew up, I had been moving up in levels and switching to different teams that were more advanced. After a whopping 10 years of soccer, I now play for the 'A' team for my Highschool.

-FreeRide Snowboarding-
      Two seasons ago, my family and I went to Whistler, Blackcomb in Canada. Whistler was always my favorite place to go snowboarding because they had the best runs and the best terrain parks I had ever seen. While I was on the slopes with my family, I accidentally caught a glimpse of one of my old friends that I hadn't seen for a while. I asked my family if it was OK for me to go snowboarding with him. They told me it was fine and they just wanted me to meet them at the lodge around 3:00PM. So my friend Mason and I went up to the tallest point accessible on the mountain and rode down. But, we didn't go down the normal routes, he took me to the back country where there were tons of cliff jumps and trees. I saw him gracefully jump off the cliffs and land perfectly. I knew I had to try this, so I asked him how he did it. He explained to me in detail and told me if I fell it wouldn't hurt because there was a lot of powder on the ground that day. So I decided to send it! I didn't end up landing it but the adrenaline rush made me want to do more and more of this back country snowboarding. My friend told me he was on a free-riding team that was extremely fun. So I decided to go ahead and join the team with him. And from now on, every season Mason and I speed our way down the slopes and compete in as many tournaments as we can for our team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SCENARIO]: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

First, I would take care of the discord problem as it would take a very short amount of time. Then, I would teleport to the players while being in /v to make sure the suspected player doesn't see me. I would carefully observe the player that is suspected of cheating and I would record it all for evidence. If the suspected player is actually cheating, I would send the video to the moderators and tell them to look over it ASAP. Even if I personally think the player was not cheating, I would still send the video to the staff team to get their individual opinions on the report video. This is to assure that personally did not miss something small that occurred which shows proof of the player actually cheating. Now for the second option if I did not have the abilities to force teleport to a player and go into /vanish. I would send a teleport request to the players who reported the cheat. And when I teleport to them, I would observe the cheaters from a slightly larger distance to assure they do not see me. Although this would be less efficient, I should still be able to determine whether or not the player is actually cheating. Then, I would send the video to the upper staff.

[SCENARIO]: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If it was in fact truly an incorrect punishment with provided evidence, I would unpunished the player. I would then sincerely apologize to the 4 players that were upset with my actions. I would tell them it was a mistake and that the player that was punished has been unpunished. But, that's not all; I would warn the players in chat for spamming me. After that, I would screenshot the chat for proof of them spamming, and then post it into the 'staff discord' and then would tell the players to [if they wish] report me as a staff member on the forums for making an incorrect punishment.

Anything else we should know?:

Even though I gave specific times for my play schedule, that does not mean that those are the only times I am able to get online, I try my best to get on whenever I can. I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my application. I would highly appreciate any advice on changes to my application. I wish the best of luck to every single one of you!

EXTRA QUESTION:

What qualities do you have over another staff member?:

I think the main quality I posses is being able to stay up much later than most staff members. As I stated in my schedule, I can stay up till 2:00AM on most days of the week. I think this would be very useful for everyone on the server because lets say for example there are no staff online and someone is spamming the server. This would be a situation where I could come in and punish the player accordingly for what they have done.

-Dablicous

2. Dorito_

Dorito_ Member

3. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 2 weeks.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Plagiarism (https://universemc.us/threads/dorito_s-staff-application.5978/)

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.