Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Staff Application xBeastBoyKx (Kamran)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Kamran, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

What Server are you applying for?

Global - xBeastBoyKx

What is your in-game name, Discord.

xBeastBoyKx, #Kamran8068

What is your time zone?

Time Zone: GMT, UK.

When are you available?

Weekends: 4 – 6.30 pm, I will be active throughout these times.

Weekdays will vary depending on me. However, I use Discord actively. so around 20 hours weakly including when im afk.

When did you first start playing Minecraft, modded packs and?

I started playing Minecraft in 2013 when a few friends bugged me for several months claiming how brilliant the game was and that I should join in with them especially during their LAN parties. Before you know it I started getting into Minecraft, brought several accounts for a few of my friends and dedicated myself to the video game. I eventually discovered the Steam community in late 2015 along with my discovery for the Feed the Beast (FTB) launcher and later in that year the Technic Launcher that got me into Tekkit and Voltz! I don’t usually play mod-packs as I use the steam community store to play the vast majority of the video games I play. However recently as in a few weeks ago, my friends have started getting into Voltz and Tekkit Legends, which has got me going here on The Oblivion Network’s Voltz server!

What experiences do you have moderating a community or game?

My first vanilla Minecraft server was known as Alliance-Craft. The server was a Free-Build Vanilla Minecraft server with a consistent player base. At the time it was recognized as one of the most popular Minecraft Free-Build servers in Australia. The owner at the time took over the server after the founder had decided to resign from his position as owner. On this vanilla Minecraft server, I acquired the rank of helper through being proactive and helping other players within the server. I maintained my position for several months until the new owner decided that he had no use for helpers as he claimed that administrators were giving this rank out as a reward for players ‘actively helping the community’. Several days later after my demotion, I was then offered the position of Moderator after a process of applications and interviews. As a moderator, I kept the community a fun and safe environment as I enforced rules, executed punishments upon players who went against the rules and engaged with the community. I was yet again offered a promotion to an administrator. However, I declined as I felt that the extra responsibility was unnecessary as I enjoyed my work as a moderator.

On may, 2015 I applied for a guild known as LycanFang - A social community guild founded in 2009 consisting of a few hundred members. After several months of being active on the forums, I was promoted to section moderator on the guild's forum through an application process. I spent another nine months in the guild being proactive and moderating the sites and taking care of the recruitment as an officer. As time progressed, I joined the guild council and remain a member of the guild council. My position in the guild requires me to conduct critical decisions as to guild alliances, expansion into other games, recruitment and site administration along with other responsibilities.

I have experience in running servers and moderating several networks including the Legacy Networks which was an unturned network of servers, Damon707’s Network which was an Australian Youtuber’s mini-games server and Lost Factions, which was a faction server owned by AshleyMarieeGaming. I also have experience as an administrator in several community forums, servers and social media sites at several community organizations.

Here are a few things I’ve had to fulfill as a staff member:

• Conducted chat moderation and enforced rules.

• Processed and executed decisions in regards to online user report/s.

• Participate in staff meetings and staff discussions on forums/social media.

Why should you be a Helper? Why do you want to be a Helper?

Not only is it a step up on responsibility but the ability to help other players in need of support or knowledge with relative ease. I find joy in other players enjoying themselves, and I am always willing to give a hand and help another player in need to the best of my ability regardless if this is indeed a faction server. If promoted to this position not only will my life experiences, and knowledge of such a position will aid me as a helper in this amazing community. However, it also gives me the opportunity to help the network remain a fun and interactive community while providing my service to others, ensuring that every player here on the Oblivion Networks has that beacon of light they can approach. I am a passionate young individual who aspires to achieve many great things while impacting the lives of others. There is nothing more that makes me happier than seeing someone in happiness. Through seeing others relieved or even exultant makes all the stress worth it. I am enthusiastic towards helping others, and even if I am not capable or unsure in regards to an issue that may be occurring I will always find a solution to ensure that person is in a better state than they originally were!

What is your Age?

I am currently 13 years old!

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths:

Assertive and is usually formal when things get serious.

Listens and acknowledges both sides of a story!

Breaks down issues and takes things in small steps!

Weaknesses:

A tendency to get off task when someone requires my attention!

Easily distracted by cake!

My strengths are my communication skills and that I can remain calm and assertive. I am a very outgoing person with a strong character and thick skin. However, in regards to my weaknesses, I would say it is rather difficult for me to list any specific weaknesses. I have my moments where I screw up and make mistakes or times where I have to take the time to process what is going on. From my downfalls to busking on the streets, I know myself that I have my downsides, however, sometimes it takes a few steps back before taking a leap. I believe that too much time is spent comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren't. Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses, and it is when you accept everything you are, and what you're not that you will succeed in life. We human beings may not be perfect in life - however, it is such imperfections that make us perfect. I believe that through my weaknesses, comes strength.

Additional Information (optional)

I would like to take the time to thank anyone who has gone through this application and has read every word. I have spent several hours on this drafting, editing and repeating the process to refine my application to ensure it has met the requirements and that it was at standard. I haven’t had the opportunity to type up an application for a staff position quite like this in a very long time and enjoyed every minute typing this one up! If you have any questions or concerns, feel more than welcome to comment below or message me here on the forums or through Discord.

Format Upgrade + Summary.

Minecraft Username: xBeastBoyKx

Timezone: GMT, UK

I have a working Microphone nut I don't use Teamspeak, I use Discord.

I am able to record videos BUT since I have a new computer, I got 3 days ago so I am slowly downloading everything back. I use OBS.

No, I am not Star Sadly.

I am currently Quite new but I am going to start going to all the different server.

I can put in about 20 hours weakly. This may be whileI'mm AFK.

No, I am very serious when it comes to being banned or hacking.

since for whatever reason I muted them, I would warn the player and if they carried on I would temban the payer for 30 minutes ( half an hour ).

A while ago I banned a player that wasn't actually hacking so I had to unban them and I gave the player FREE crate keys for the misunderstanding.

I have said about my history in the above.

Also described a bit in the Above.

I hope you don't mind if I change Teamspeak To Discord.
    I would quickly move the player that in on Discord who is blasting music to a different channel, then inform a moderator to check out the problem about the hacker because as helper it's not my place to really be looking for hackers. Then I would go and help the player that need help.

I would Unban the player and apologize, whilst giving them some crates keys, Around 1 - 2.

I have added this section when I got home after schools so I may not be so awake and this may not be the best work that I have done. umm I don't think I have access to crate keys do I?

#1 Kamran, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Just a Guy who Likes Anime
    Helper

3. Kamran

Kamran Member

Thx that means a lot from a resigned staff
    @PeguinNerd

4. PenguinNerd

Helper

It's no problem, glad to give you my support!

5. PenguinNerd

Helper

Hey There! @Kamran Here are some Pros, Suggestions, and Cons!

Pros:
    - Detailed and Organized Application
    - Exceeds Age Requirement
    - Mature and Professional

Suggestions:
    - Please follow the correct format: https://universemc.us/threads/new-application-format.1395/
    - Be more Globally Active (Discord, Forums, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Cons:
    - Incorrect Application Format
    - Globally Inactive

Hope you take my suggestions into consideration when editing your application. I would highly suggest fixing the Cons I've listed above as well. Hope you have a nice day, and hope to see you on the network!

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Thx for the corrections, I will attempt to clear them soon

7. J0NBE4R

J0NBE4R Network Moderator

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Umm. do u like ??

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Umm staff what age do u have to be to beacon staff??

10. PenguinNerd

Helper

You must be 13+.

11. PenguinNerd

Helper

No problem, If you have any questions just let me know.

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Wooow lucky xD I’m 13

13. Kamran

Kamran Member

14. PenguinNerd

Helper

Well lucky you then bud.

15. Kuxizz

Kuxizz Kuxizz

Pros
    -----------
    Detailed and Organized application ( Even though incorrect format )
    Has a lot of Staff experience.
    Seems to be a very mature and calm person.

Cons
    ----------
    Incorrect application format.
    Globally Inactive, such as discord, forums etc...

Good luck!

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Thank you for the reply and your time, I’m going to bed though and if I have time tomorrow, I will attempt to complete these tasks. Thank for your opinion.

17. 16LettersUserIGN

16LettersUserIGN Demoted Staff Member

Pros:
    • Mature
    • Somewhat detailed
    • Somewhat effort
    • Exceeds requirements
    Cons:
    • Globally inactive
    • Like I said not MUCH effort
    • And not MUCH detail
    • Wrong format

18. PenguinNerd

Helper

Agreed. He does need to put more effort into his application and is quite mature but needs to follow the correct format.

19. TheMCProf

TheMCProf An average 10th Grader
    Helper

Pros
    -Detailed

Cons
    -Dont CTRL+C and CTRL+V your application from a modded server to here. This is not modded!
    - Never seen you ingame, discord or forums (timezones)
    -Incorrect format

-

20. Kamran

Kamran Member

@all.
    yes I know that not much effort has been put into the format but I really want this, even at this time i
    m at school writing this reply, when i get home i will attempt to correct the application.