USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Accepted Staff Application - ItsJoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adaw31

• Minecraft Username:

ItsJoes/Trillionaires (Alt I play on as my main is currently banned)

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:

JoeJoePlayz, JoeTheCrafter, Trillionaires, XxVaporPVPxX

• Timezone:

EST (Eastern Standard Time) I live in Eastern Canada.

15, Turning 16 on Jan 8th.

• Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a working microphone?

Yes, I also have Skype, Slack, and Discord. I also have a working mic built into my headset.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?

Yes, I do. I use QuickTime player that comes free with my Mac. It's great for recording screen vids and voice vids.

• Are you Star (Or Above)

Yes, I am Galactic on Factions and God on Skyblock. I have also bought a few extra items on both servers and if you were to check buycraft history, it will show.

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

Recently I have been extremely inactive, and I really do apologize, but I usually stay on the server that needs the most assistance. I use to play a lot of Skyblock before I was accepted as a helper last year but I would occasionally play factions when I had nothing to do.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

As I said recently I have been extremely inactive so I haven't put a lot of hours or time into the server but in total, I have at least put 500 Hours into this server. If accepted, I will be putting in at least 20 hours a week (Mon-Sun). I will be putting most of my hours on weekends as I will be more active during weekends.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.

I have been warned a few times around 10 months ago when I was a player on the server. Other than that I have not been punished on the server. Any servers to be exact

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would make sure I have valid proof before I punish the "Well-known" player. I would send it to the Staff chat. I would then get that player to hop into TS and have a talk with them. If needed, I would ask for a higher staff member to hop into our channel to help me sort everything out. I will make sure I put my proof on a Gyazo so I can send it over TS or Discord to the player.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

In the last month, I have definitely neglected responsibilities that were important to myself and others. I have also lead down some of my close friends. I had responsibilities but I decided to push them to the side. It resulted in the people I cared about to lose trust in me a long with them not talking to me. I definitely learned that responsibilities come first always and that I am responsible for my actions

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 500+ words)

Yes, I definitely have some experience being a staff member on some servers. I use to own a server a couple years ago with a few buddies of mine but that didn’t last too long as we got a totally of 20 players on. I have also been a part of various Staff Teams. The most recent and the most important staff team that I was apart of has to have been UniverseMC. I started back last June as a player on the server. Within a couple of weeks, I instantly fell in love with the community, game modes and staff on the server. I got some of my friends to hop on and start a skyblock with me (We came Is Top 2 that season btw ;P). We ended up all trying to apply for staff but we were all later denied by the manager at the time. KingDrizzy. I was definitely heartbroken when I was denied a few days after I posted my first application, but that didn’t stop me from creating another. A couple of weeks later, I created a new application from scratch and with the feedback from the community, I ended up being accepted by QuantumHawk. I was later then promoted to Jr.Mod about a week later as I showed dedication and commitment towards being on the server for as many hours a day as I could. Weeks past then months, and I finally hit Sr.Mod. It took me about 9 Months to get to Sr.Mod and I learned a lot from those months while being a staff member. I learned to put trust into our fellow staff members along with everyone makes the occasional mistake. I was one of the more active Moderators at the time which I believe lead to Anonymous and the rest of the administrative team to promote me to Admin. When I was promoted, I knew becoming an Admin would be a HUGE step from Sr.Mod. I knew I had to put in more commitment. I knew I needed to be more responsible. I knew I needed to act more mature. I knew I needed to be a good example for the staff members and the players on the server. I had to up my overall game when I became Admin. I had to I learned a lot about myself once I was promoted. I learned that I could achieve something great if I put in enough work, effort and hours. I was incredibly proud of myself the day of my promotion. A few weeks after I was promoted to Admin, I noticed our Media Manager at the time was slacking so I decided to fulfill the Media Manager position as I have had some experience managing a Youtuber Team before. I recruited and managed the YouTubers on the team for quite some time before I had to resign from the position due to school and extracurriculars such as soccer and clubs. I definitely learned a few things over the last 10/11 months of being a staff member on UniverseMC. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity and chance were given to me by the community, and the staff team themselves.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Hobbies:
During the summer, I love to play soccer. I've been playing soccer since I was 3 years old and I have made countless "rep" soccer teams. However, this season I have decided to play in one of the lower division as I have vacation + I am still healing from an injury.

Activities:
At school, I have joined a few clubs. One is the United Nations group (UN). The UN is a club where students go to learn about maturity, leadership, and responsibility. In the club, you are given a country and you would have to write a speech/essay about it. You would include the poverty rate, birth/death rate, hospitals, terrorism etc. You then have to perform your essay/speech in front of a room with school board leaders, university scouts and parents. The event is pretty intense.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on Teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

Firstly, I would immediately deal with the “Hacker” on the server. Once I've dealt with the Hacker, I would hop into our Staff Chat and ask a fellow staff member to hop on and assist me with players on the server. I would then deal with the user in Teamspeak. I would politely ask the user playing the music to turn off their music. If they continue to play music, I would move the other user into a separate channel and have a nice conversation with them.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

I would first ask if the player who I falsely punished to hop into TeamSpeak. I would then apologize dearly as accidents do occur and I would hope the player would realize it. I would then ask for a higher staff member to hop on and unpunished the user.

11) Anything else we should know?

A while back, when I was a player on the server, I never thought I would make it to Admin within the staff team. I thought I would have never been something great on the server. Honestly, I didn’t even know I was going to be accepted. I just knew I had something other applicants didn’t have. I was committed to the server. (I still am xD). I knew if I kept trying, no matter how many times I was going to be denied, that I would become part of the staff team. For any of you applicants who are currently/were in interview stage or those of you who were recently denied, I promise you that if you put in more effort and time, good things will come out of it. I learned that 11 months back and I am proud of myself because of that.

Personality Traits

✦ Helpful ✦

✦ Outgoing ✦

✦ Trustworthy ✦

✦ Caring ✦

✦ Passionate ✦

✦ Intelligent ✦

✦ Committed ✦

Thanks, ItsJoes <3​

Last edited by a moderator:

GurshawnGaming

Astronaut
Nice application @ItsJoes . I too would really LOVE to see you get back on the team! Just one thing, Question 7 could use some more detail. Other then that, Good Luck! +1

Acceptation

Lost
Okay I'm going to support you on this but I am confused on something,

When it came to you talking about your experience and it Sayed it took you about 9 months to get to Sr.Mod I'm extremely confused on how this was possible as you joined the forums just in December meaning not even 9 months on the forums, how could you have possibly applied without an account?

A

adaw31

When it came to you talking about your experience and it Sayed it took you about 9 months to get to Sr.Mod I'm extremely confused on how this was possible as you joined the forums just in December meaning not even 9 months on the forums, how could you have possibly applied without an account?
A couple of months back, an ex Manager decided to hack our entire website. We ended up having to update the forums and website which means everyone needed to create new accounts. If you check other admins and staff members, most of them would of registered on the same day.

IzaFour

Restricted
Muted

We've had a lot of different forums and everytime we make a new one a new account is needed too.

A

adaw31

Thanks. +1, I love your personality and even if you don't have that much detail in questions, because we all know you would make a great staff member!
Once again, thanks a lot bud <3 Your support really does help <3

DustinHillman

4ThAppeal
I'm just going to say, WOW just outstanding job. Hope to see you back soon.
Senserly DustinHillman.
+1 from me....

SinnFein

Astronaut
Hell yeah joes +1

Logicul

Astronaut
• Minecraft Username:

ItsJoes/Trillionaires (Alt I play on as my main is currently banned)

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:

JoeJoePlayz, JoeTheCrafter, Trillionaires

• Timezone:

EST (Eastern Standard Time)

• Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a working microphone?

Yes, I also have Skype, Slack, and Discord

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?

Yes, I do. I use QuickTime player that comes free with my Mac

• Are you Star (Or Above)

Yes, I am Galactic on Factions and God on Skyblock

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

Recently I have been extremely inactive, and I really do apologize, but I usually stay on the server that needs the most assistance.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

As I said recently I have been extremely inactive so I haven't put a lot of hours or time into the server but in total, I have at least put 500 Hours into this server. I will be putting a lot more in if I am accepted again.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.

I have been warned a few times around 10 months ago when I was a player on the server. Other than that I have not been punished on the server. Any servers to be exact

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would make sure I have valid proof before I punish the "Well-known" player. I would send it to the Staff chat. I would then get that player to hop into TS and have a talk with them. If needed, I would ask for a higher staff member to hop into our channel to help me sort everything out. I will make sure I put my proof on a Gyazo so I can send it over TS or Discord to the player.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

In the last month, I definitely regret being inactive on the server. I had responsibilities but I decided to push them to the side. I definitely learned that responsibilities come first always and that I am responsible for my actions

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 500+ words)

Yes, I definitely have some experience being a staff member on some servers. I use to own a server a couple years ago with a few buddies of mine but that didn’t last too long as we got a totally of 20 players on. I have also been a part of various Staff Teams. The most recent and the most important staff team that I was apart of has to have been UniverseMC. I started back last June as a player on the server. Within a couple of weeks, I instantly fell in love with the community, game modes and staff on the server. I got some of my friends to hop on and start a skyblock with me (We came Is Top 2 that season btw ;P). We ended up all trying to apply for staff but we were all later denied by the manager at the time. KingDrizzy. I was definitely heartbroken when I was denied a few days after I posted my first application, but that didn’t stop me from creating another. A couple of weeks later, I created a new application from scratch and with the feedback from the community, I ended up being accepted by QuantumHawk. I was later then promoted to Jr.Mod about a week later as I showed dedication and commitment towards being on the server for as many hours a day as I could. Weeks past then months, and I finally hit Sr.Mod. It took me about 9 Months to get to Sr.Mod and I learned a lot from those months while being a staff member. I learned to put trust into our fellow staff members along with everyone makes the occasional mistake. I was one of the more active Moderators at the time which I believe lead to Anonymous and the rest of the administrative team to promote me to Admin. When I was promoted, I knew becoming an Admin would be a HUGE step from Sr.Mod. I knew I had to put in more commitment. I knew I needed to be more responsible. I knew I needed to act more mature. I knew I needed to be a good example for the staff members and the players on the server. I had to up my overall game when I became Admin. I had to I learned a lot about myself once I was promoted. I learned that I could achieve something great if I put in enough work, effort and hours. I was incredibly proud of myself the day of my promotion. A few weeks after I was promoted to Admin, I noticed our Media Manager at the time was slacking so I decided to fulfill the Media Manager position as I have had some experience managing a Youtuber Team before. I recruited and managed the YouTubers on the team for quite some time before I had to resign from the position due to school and extracurriculars such as soccer and clubs. I definitely learned a few things over the last 10/11 months of being a staff member on UniverseMC. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity and chance were given to me by the community, and the staff team themselves.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Yes, I am in a few clubs at school. One is the United Nations club. I also play soccer on a team which in my community.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on Teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

Firstly, I would immediately deal with the “Hacker” on the server. Once I've dealt with the Hacker, I would hop into our Staff Chat and ask a fellow staff member to hop on and assist me with players on the server. I would then deal with the user in Teamspeak. I would politely ask the user playing the music to turn off their music. If they continue to play music, I would move the other user into a separate channel and have a nice conversation with them.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

I would first ask if the player who I falsely punished to hop into TeamSpeak. I would then apologize dearly as accidents do occur and I would hope the player would realize it. I would then ask for a higher staff member to hop on and unpunished the user.

11) Anything else we should know?

A while back, when I was a player on the server, I never thought I would make it to Admin within the staff team. I thought I would have never been something great on the server. Honestly, I didn’t even know I was going to be accepted. I just knew I had something other applicants didn’t have. I was committed to the server. (I still am xD). I knew if I kept trying, no matter how many times I was going to be denied, that I would become part of the staff team. For any of you applicants who are currently/were in interview stage or those of you who were recently denied, I promise you that if you put in more effort and time, good things will come out of it. I learned that 11 months back and I am proud of myself because of that.

Personality Traits

✦ Helpful ✦

✦ Outgoing ✦

✦ Trustworthy ✦

✦ Caring ✦

✦ Passionate ✦

✦ Intelligent ✦

✦ Commited ✦

Thanks, ItsJoes <3​
+1

ElChaponee

Astronaut