Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Staff Application [1st]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by J0NBE4R, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J0NBE4R

J0NBE4R Network Moderator

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username:

J0NBE4R
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames:
    https://namemc.com/profile/J0NBE4R.4
    • Timezone:
    Central U.S.
    • Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a working microphone?
    Yes, I have the application up and running on my phone and laptop. My TeamSpeak username is J0NBE4R.
    • Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos?
    I do.. Currently there is a problem with my laptop and I do sometimes receive lag when recording, I sometimes go down to 20-30 fps. But I also can learn how to screen share.
    • Are you Star (Or Above)
    Jupiter: Nebula Rank
    Mars: Guardian Rank
    Kitmap: Diamond Rank
    Skyblock: Elite Rank

2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

Mostly on KitMap and Jupiter. I also hop on Mars and Skyblock a few times a day and just say hello and stay around for a bit. I will be going more globally.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
    I can contribute to around 1-3 Hours a day. I do have school, and I take it very seriously, with that said - I do have to study sometimes. I’m usually on around 5-10PM Central U.S. time and anytime on free weekends.
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.
    I have, on a server called SkyCade. I was banned for Alt Limit and that less than a month of me joining Minecraft Java edition. I had no idea about rules and I was very new at the time. I did appeal and got unbanned. (I was false banned for alt limit again, about 2-3 times after but was immediately unbanned by the current manager, WelshAlex.)
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?
    Just talk to them, ask them the obvious question, “what’s wrong?”...Making sure they know why they were punished as well. In this case, I will assume the punishment was not false... I wouldn’t ignore or block them, I would take my position seriously and look at every message they send just in case they really need help at some point during their punishment. Just because they are acting immature and inconsiderate of me just doing my job, doesn’t mean I should try and ignore the fact that they may actually need assistance at some point. Yes, the spam is inconvenient but I don’t care about that. I have previous staff experience and know if I ignore someone (in this case), they will look at staff as people who are only there to punish and non caring of the players, that’s not what I want to happen.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
    This is a real life mistake - I was in Spanish class, and I was given a Weather Project. This project was to be done in spanish, with drawings and in color. I made the whole project and turned it in. When I got it back, I noticed I never colored it, and I got an 85% on it. I did redo the project and got partial credit for it... What did I learn? Always read and follow instructions. To be safe, read them twice. Don’t ever do something half butted, it shows how little you care and you’re the one who pays the price.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 500+ words)
    Yes, I worked for a server called CreativeCraft; It was once the biggest Creative server on java edition, running almost 500 players in it’s peak, 2014/2015. I joined around 2017, in September. I was just a casual player and really loved the community, even though at that time, the server had lost almost 60% of its community due to 3 very inactive owners/developers. When I was first came around, there were around 80ish players online. It wasn’t really interested in staff until really late December of 2017 when I found out there was a Discord Mod opportunity. When that spot was open, I applied and was chosen over many other applicants. The whole process took me 1-2 weeks to get accepted and my role given to me. Once I joined the team, they were all so welcoming and I honestly never felt any more like home. I was Discord Mod for about 2 months until someone I really feel uncomfortable naming, changed all of that. Let’s just say, they were very inappropriate and made a lot of the staff team uncomfortable, especially me. They always started arguments and made other staff feel bad. Mutiple people tried making amends with this person, and no luck. After that, people tried getting them off the staff team for things they have done that was more than worthy of a full demotion. Still no luck, I decided to move to server staff and try and stay out of everyone’s drama. So, I was moved from [Discord Mod -> Promoter (Helper)]. Once this happened, I felt more like the good times were back... I didn’t have to worry about working with that person and I had more of an opportunity of actually making a change in the staff team for the good. I was trained by a Senior Mod, one of my best friends (and still is), her name was Kelsie. With this server, I was promoted mod within 1-2 weeks. Once mod, I had more responsibilities but not as much as other roles. I just made sure that the new staff were doing things correctly, but not in an “authority” way.. Just as like we were all friends, which most of us were. After about 3 months of mod, I was then promoted to Senior Moderator. This was very exiting for me but I felt that all my hard work finally payed off. As SrMod, my job was to go in /vanish, and watch over Mods and promoters, making sure they did their jobs correctly. I took notes of all the staff and made a weekly report, showing who’s doing good and who needs some work. I also helped run the forums, I accepted/denied appeals, player reports, and bug reports. I had SrMod for about a month before I decided to permanently resign due to there being to many broken plugins and owners not properly maintaining the server... The server shut down a few weeks ago as a matter of fact, I will miss that place. I spent roughly 7 months there.. I don’t regret any of it, I believe it helped and taught me many things in life and in game.
    I’ve learned how to be high staff, use forums and know how to bond with the community with just a little bit of care.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ?
    Yes! I am currently studying Digital Arts and Design. Basically making logos, T-Shirts, and much more. I also love painting, sketching, and making clay sculptures.
    9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?
    Priority is essential. It’s more obvious that people who are hacking need to be dealt with first, that can actually cause damage... Someone losing a “god set” from a hacker and you can’t retrieve it back. So, I would get on that first. While doing that, I would see if there was another helper available to deal with the TeamSpeak issue. While spectating the people being suspected of hacks, I can possibly answer some questions in /msg, if not, I can refresh my logs folder and message people I missed.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?
    I would calm everyone down, while the evidence that contradicts my punishment, is getting sent to me. Assure people that I will get it fixed as soon as possible and make sure they know I’m genuinely sorry for messing up. I really don’t punish someone unless I know that I know it’s worthy, but we are human, we all mess up sometimes.
    11) Anything else we should know?
    When I’m on kitmap, which is where I currently hibernate, I do see a lot of hackers and no staff are on at my time for some reason, I’m willing to change that.​

#1 J0NBE4R, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. ItzzzAviator

ItzzzAviator Retired Staff ;)

-have not seen online
    -decent application
    -could be active globally on discord

+0

3. J0NBE4R

Thank you, I will try and be more globally active. :]

4. Soldier_10176

Soldier_10176 Stars can't shine without darkness

-Never seen on server
    -Good Application
    -Never seen on discord
    -If you are so serious about your grades, why divert time to be a staff member on a server which require dedication?

+0

5. J0NBE4R

Thank you, like I said: I will try being more globally active. Also, the reason I feel that was necessary in my application was to show I am a dedicated person. I can juggle school and being staff, I have with the other server I’ve been staff on... and just a little more about me I guess. :)

6. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

Hello, before pending your application I would like to see you become more globally active. Not only in-game but on our forums and discord.

7. J0NBE4R

Thank you!

8. Archie

Archie Demoted Staff Member

Almost pending! Good luck!

J0NBE4R likes this.
  9. SinnFein

SinnFein Member

Good luck.

J0NBE4R likes this.
  10. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Just a Guy who Likes Anime
    Helper

Almost Pending! Good Luck! Hope you become a staff member!
    -Good Application
    -Helpful Ingame
    -Needs to be more gloabally active on discord, forums, and in game.
    Other than those things I think you are good to go!

11. J0NBE4R

Thank you. :]

12. PenguinNerd

Helper

No problem, I'm always here to help and spread some encouragement for other players! :3

13. FakeGender

FakeGender Helpful Member aka Brain.EXE has stopped working

Good luck

J0NBE4R likes this.
  14. ItzzzAviator

ItzzzAviator Retired Staff ;)

Bad luck

15. FakeGender

FakeGender Helpful Member aka Brain.EXE has stopped working

Some staff experience
    Helpful
    I would say his active

16. J0NBE4R

Thanks! :]

17. PenguinNerd

Helper

Good Luck! <3

J0NBE4R likes this.
  18. Wild_Yogurt

Wild_Yogurt Active Forum's Member

Never seen online... dont apply if you're not active if you dont get staff you wont play most likely is my belief so +0 because why -1 ur almost pending apperently

19. Zane

Zane Detailed Title
    Helper

20. J0NBE4R

I don’t know how you haven’t seen me, I play jupiter, mars, kitmap and skyblock all the time and I talk in public chat. D:

I can assure you that’s not who I am. I’ve been playing since May, and I’m excited for the future of the server, even without a green prefix. :]

#20 J0NBE4R, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.