Join other players on play.universemc.us

SourNoodlePie's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SourNoodlePie, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:23 PM.

1. SourNoodlePie

SourNoodlePie Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:

SourNoodlePie

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

enderguy5467, samuraidrake409, blitzsamurai409, barrageent_sum

What's your timezone?:

MST

Are you staff on any other servers?:

Nope

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

SourNoodlePie#0686

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes I do.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I have galactic on Jupiter planet.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on the Jupiter planet. It's where I first started on the server years back and it's probably where I'm gonna stay, it has most of my ranks and gkits.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

12-14 hours a week, could be more or less though depending on the week.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

Honestly do not remember, I've had my account for years, any recent bans though? None in like the past 2+ years.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

Well I would simply tell them to appeal for the mute. I would love to give people a fair chance to appeal for an unfair punishment but if they are flaming me, there is no point in igniting that flame further and telling them it wasn’t false. You want to be calm and professional when in this situation. Avoiding an argument shows you can control your emotions pretty well and one of the many good qualities a leader should have. I have been in this kind of situation before on UniverseMC when someone started messaging me on skype about a false ban and I simply told them “If you feel like you had a false punishment, make an appeal with proof and facts that it was false’’. A helper can’t be seen in a fight. There are people who look for all the wrong people do and use it to their advantage and personal gain.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I have made many mistakes. One of them specifically being grades in school. I was a bit lazy this last year of school and fell behind on homework and projects. 1 month before school ended I had 3 F's. So I made a decision and went to talk to my teachers about how I could improve my grades. I got assistance from friends, family, and teachers fixing everything I missed and doing other things for extra credit. I finished the year with Nearly all A's and a couple B's. So far this year I have had all A's and already fixed a B up into an A. I had to make a decision myself on this. You need to make choices for yourself in many things when it comes to life. To relate to the server, I'm not going to be baby sat. It is my responsibility to take action and do my job to fulfill my role as a helper. This shows I have honesty, self-respect, trustworthiness, caring, as well as other things. I also didn't realize I had time for other things when I got my stuff done and I still have time to hang out with friends and take my girlfriend on fun dates. I become a bit bored of MC if I don't have any responsibilities or working on a server. It is fun for me and gives me something to do when I want to work or something along those lines. This also shows I can fix mistakes I make in other life problems, (though difficulty solving those problems will vary). It is very important to learn from your mistakes and you may make mistakes as a helper and others are there to assist you and help you, but you will make the final decision and fix your mistakes.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Actually I was a helper and junior mod on this server like 2 years ago and still know many of the staff on the current team that could vouch for me. I remember a lot of what needed to be done so you'll have my experience with the server already instead of training someone completely new. I work very well with other people and at my Smith’s job I have many friends among my co-workers and it just makes it a much more fun experience if you get to know and talk to your coworkers as friends and not just someone you work with and have to deal with. I also have achieved my eagle scout award. Now I got my eagle scout award 2 years after becoming a boy scout. I went looking for projects and ended up talking to the custodian at school who had a list of projects I could do. I chose building a sidewalk at my school that was needed. It was a lot of luck that one of my Scout leader’s dad owns a construction business. My school got a good discount and I started making the times and letting people know when we were to start. The day came and I had friends and the necessary 2 construction team workers pour the cement. With the help of my leader, he helped me figure out what we need to do and assign each friend to an assignment. It was a quick thing and took only two days to finish. This provided more leadership skills, teamwork skills, and probably other skills that I guess I don’t see as the main skills.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

in school (This is my 3rd semester in it) and have loved every single semester of it. Volleyball is big on working together and knowing how to cooperate and work smoothly with them. It is very difficult earlier on, but once you get later into the semester it becomes easier to work together. The teacher knows me well since I have taken it for quite some time and I am usually in charge of putting together teams. I have to look at others skills and put people onto teams that I see as 'Fair' and that is another thing going to show I am honest about my decisions. I usually also take charge of setting up nets and people follow me. This shows I know how to be a leader and if I was to be put in a leadership role I could most likely successfully do what needs to be done while also working like a good team. I also am working on my programming and web designing skills for possible future jobs. I build computers with my friend since his dad has a bunch of computer parts from his job. It is extremely difficult at first to build a computer, but after a while it becomes easier and easier. I have come to love building computers and I also like learning new things. Now I go to a charter school because I don’t really want to deal with a 2000+ kids school. My school has around 300 students in the high school and this helps the teachers to specifically help me if I needed due to no 20+ kid classes. This means I can learn more and actually have someone help me to focus on my grades and assignments. Now our school is big on epiphanies and we get asked every semester when we give a verbal presentation/final to our teachers and they ask if we have had any epiphanies that semester/year. I have come to notice, I love learning new things, I think that learning is really important but certain aspects of school ruins it. I am taking a class on finances and plan on becoming a millionaire! One of the lessons they pound into you the most is that you have to decide to become a millionaire. Nobody can force you to become a millionaire. Nobody is going to babysit me on becoming a millionaire. It is my responsibility to take action and do my part.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

Well, first is what are the priorities of the situation. We have a hacker, multiple questions, and someone blasting music. First thing first, is I am going to warn the player (or whatever punishment is already set) in the discord blasting his music, as that could hurt the ears of others. Second, I would try to have some of the players in the lobby or wherever I am help me to answer the questions that are being thrown at me rapidly. Most of the questions players could probably solve and a helper isn’t needed but for those questions that I am needed will be my priority. Third, I am going to get a junior mod or higher because that would be the most efficient way and pretty sure the way we are supposed to handle those situations. The mods are usually busy and the player may already be dead. Priority Priority Priority. How can you solve the situation efficiently. i have learned many things over my lifetime and like I have said in my other questions PRIORITY.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

Tell them to make an appeal for report me on the forums if it was an abuse of power. Arguing with them won't get me anywhere and them spamming me won't get them anywhere. If it continues just tell a more senior staff and mute them if necessary.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I'm just getting back into the server but I got a faction and a few friends and plan on going for f top 1. Watch out everyone else. ​

2. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

SournoodlePie,
    Overall, your application looks really good, and here are a few things I noticed while reading it:
    -No color scheme
    -Try to add more of a schedule to question 3
    -A lot of detail
    -Try to elaborate on question 7

Your application looks really good, just add these things.
    Good luck! -ksklboys

3. SourNoodlePie

SourNoodlePie Member

I don't feel the need for a color scheme at all, I used bold and non bold to make it more clear and think that works just fine.

I don't have a set schedule, its gonna be different every week. Hang out with my girlfriend and other friends random days and life is just kinda unpredictable. What I do know though, is that I can get at least 12-14 hours a week and that I think is enough.

Thank you, I really put a lot of effort into this and also used some from parts of my old applications.

Could you explain what parts you found confused about my answer on 7 so I could try to fix it?

Thank you again, hope to join the staff team and work with you.

4. mr2f0

mr2f0 Member

Hey there, overall this is a great looking app!
    Like ksk said, you could probably add a little more to #7, but besides that your app is solid. It was fun working with you when we were both staff, and I look foward to seeing you apart of the team again.

Good luck +1​