Join other players on play.universemc.us

SkywardMajora's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SkywardMajora, Aug 15, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

1. SkywardMajora

SkywardMajora Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username:

SkywardMajora

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

mine.ly/SkywardMajora.1

What's your timezone?:

MST -7:00

Are you staff on any other servers?:

No

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

SkywardMajora#6704

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Nova Rank on Jupiter Factions

Titan Rank on Venus Prisons

2) Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

Venus Prisons

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm

Saturday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm

(4 hours per day, 28 hours per week)

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I was permanently banned once on a different server for when my account got compromised, I made an appeal and it got accepted

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would ask them to stop spamming me as it is not my fault that they chose to disregard the rules, and if I ask them to stop then they don't, I would tell them that they will be reported to one of the other staff members and it could result in a potential ban. I would also tell them that the server has a store where they can purchase an unmute, or if they get banned they could buy an unban there as well.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I used to hang out with this group of kids. After a couple weeks hanging out with them I got pressured into stealing, and I went along with it, but felt bad about it afterwards. After they left to go to the skate park, I went back to the store and gave back the item that I stole, they were polite about it because they already knew the kids I was hanging out with cause trouble in their store. I learned that the people that you hang out with can impact your decisions, and that you have to pick the right people to hang out with.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I have no moderation experience in the past. I want to become a part of the UniverseMC Staff Team because it has become one of my most favorite servers to come and play on, and the community is terrific. The staff team also seems friendly and something that people would want to be a part of, I've been on the forums for a while now and from the staff team I have seen no negative approaches to any situation, they seem like good people to be around. Also, I was planning on applying for staff on other servers but I wanted to come to this server first because it holds a special place in my heart as it has been one of those servers that I can just not stop coming back to and having a blast. I also feel like I'd have the ability to become someone that the players could look up to and hopefully inspire other members of the community to become better people in general, and make this server one that people will come back to time and time again and know that there will always be someone who can assist them in any way they deem necessary. Another thing that most made me want to join the staff team was the fact that this is a server that I enjoyed playing on, and I thought that becoming a staff member would be an amazing opportunity to expand the possibilities that I could do on the UniverseMC server. I also thought it would be nice to branch out and chat with an almost entirely different community, the staff community. Being a staff member to me means more than just punishing players for doing bad things on the server, it means you're always willing to assist players in the most efficient and effective manner possible, that you are someone that people want to listen to, and someone that you can just generally trust. Being a staff member comes with a certain responsibility, and it also comes with high expectations that you are going to do your assigned task accurately, if you can't be responsible or get something done in the correct manner, then you are not fit for the staff position. I also think being staff comes with a certain level of maturity, because no matter what age you are, if you can have the level of maturity of a professional worker while doing the tasks assigned to you, even if you're something like 13 years old, that's what is important when it comes to being a staff member. Being a staff member means you have to deal with players on the server who act in an immature fashion, and if you have the right mindset going into being a staff member, these issues should be no problem at all. The word that describes me the best is leadership, this is because I am a kind, motivating, and knowledgeable person, and I am always concerned for the other people, that's what being a leader is all about. I help build excellence in a community by first building my character and then moving on to lead people into the right direction. Many people I have grown close with and even people that sort of know me say I am a good leader, and if I ever ran for president they would fully support me. I feel like everybody has the potential of being a good leader but not everybody takes advantage of the opportunity when it is presented to them, and the people that do go on to be successful people, and I believe I am one of those people who took advantage of the opportunity of becoming a leader. I work well under pressure, unless it is for a long period (let's say 30 minutes or so), then I start to get aggravated. If there is a situation that puts me under pressure, I will handle it in a cool manner with no problem. I will have some internal stress because it is bothering me but I will try my best not to let that show in my work. I am surprisingly good at multitasking, and I recently found that out because at my job (fast food) we were busy up front, and I was the only person up there, and I got everything done correctly at drive-thru and front with no complaints whatsoever. I actually enjoy multitasking because it gives me an opportunity to get multiple things done at once, even though if I only focused at the task at hand, it would get done correctly for sure. I am hoping to become a well-known person on the server and the other platforms of UniverseMC, and that the community sees me as someone that they can depend on for help. I would like to become a well-known staff member within the staff team as well, and become a high ranking staff member so that I can assist people in ways that I couldn’t do before. I wish to stay on this staff team as long as possible, as this is a server that I have cherished for a while, and I would hate to leave it because there is a “better server”. The helper position is not just a step up on responsibility, it is also the ability to assist players needing support or knowledge with relative ease. I like to see other players enjoying themselves, and I'm always willing to lend a hand and assist another player in need to the best of my ability, regardless of what their problem may be. If I am promoted to the Helper position, not only will my life experience in real life and the knowledge of the Helper position aid me in this amazing community, but it also gives the opportunity to help the network stay as a fun, interactive community, whilst also providing my services to others, ensuring every player on the UniverseMC server has a sort of beacon of light they can approach. I am a passionate young individual who aspires to achieve many great things while impacting the lives of others. There is nothing more that makes me happier than seeing someone in happiness. Through seeing others relieved or even exultant makes all the stress worth it. I am fairly enthusiastic when it comes to assisting other people, and even if I'm not capable or unsure regarding an issue occurring I will find a solution to ensure that the player is in a better state than they originally were.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I am in my school's marching band, I've participated in student council, I play clarinet and pian, and then most of my day consists of studying for class or sleeping

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would tell the people who are trying to get me to get a jr. mod that they can submit a report on the forums and the player will be punished accordingly if there is sufficient evidence, and that I will not get the jr. mod online just in case the report is false. Then, I would hop onto the discord and see what's going on, if the person has stopped blasting their music, I won't do anything except apologize to the person who had music blasting in their ears, and if the person blasting the music is still on then I would mute them because they are being disrespectful towards the other players.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would ask the players for evidence to show the punishment I gave was false, and I would tell them if they do have evidence to submit an appeal on the forums, and I'll take a look at it. If they don't have any evidence that the punishment given was incorrect then I would tell them that there is nothing I can do for them.

Anything else we should know?:

Link to previous app(s): https://universemc.us/threads/skywardmajora's-staff-application.6497/ https://universemc.us/threads/skywardmajoras-second-helper-application.6920/

I got permission from @Snooker to reuse the same application, also they said one week but I'm not sure. I did add some more things and make some edits as well.

Striker likes this.
  2. W60

W60 Member

Good application
    Fix some grammar details
    Overall a great application
    Good job!

3. Ethan

Ethan British=Life

agree with this completely

4. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Could use more detail on the scenario questions, otherwise your application is looking good!

Best of Luck.

- Penguin