Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied SkywardMajora’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by SkywardMajora, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywardMajora

SkywardMajora Member

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username

SkywardMajora

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable)

SnowKid1293, Original_Name4, ChickenManBro, Pikachu1293

What's your timezone?

-07:00 Arizona

Are you staff on any other servers?

No

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

Yes, SkywardMajora#6704

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?

Yes

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?

Nova Rank on Jupiter Factions

2) Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I would say that I am most active on the Jupiter Factions server

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

I can go online for a couple of hours a day, probably like 3-4 depending on the day

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable)

I was permanently banned on <Server Name> for when my account got compromised, I made an appeal and it got accepted

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

Okay, so I would most likely ask them to stop, but if I ask them to stop at least twice and they do not, I'm going to ask one of the higher ranking staff for assistance, because otherwise, I would have no influence, seeing as I would only be a helper. I could also redirect them to the server's store, and tell them they can buy an unmute there

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

So I used to hang out with these kids, and they were pretty chill at first, not gonna lie. But then after a couple of weeks hanging out with them I started to get peer pressured into stealing, of course, I went along with it, but immediately felt terrible afterwards. After these friends left to go to the skate park, I went back to the store and returned the item that had been stolen, they were actually very polite about it because they knew those kids caused trouble a lot in their store. I learned that the people that you choose to hang around with can really impact your morals and decisions, and to pick the right kind of person to hang out with.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words)

I have absolutely zero moderation or leadership experience on a Minecraft server. Now, I know that doesn't exactly seem like the kind of thing you like to hear, but try to hear me out. I believe that I would be a good candidate for staff even without previous experience because of my personality. I have a very outgoing and fun personality, and after certain situations, I've started to strive to do the right thing no matter what. If you ever try to reach out to me for help...or even if you just want to chat...I'll be more than happy to assist you or talk with you. In school, I am seen as a good leader to the students, and I've even become the sophomore class president for next year, I never turn anyone down if they ask for help, and I'm always looking for new ways to improve the school. I feel like I want to extend that helpful nature towards this server as well because the community deserves to have someone like that, no negativity whatsoever. For some reason it feels like it's my duty to try and assist people wherever needed, sure I could apply to any other server but I specifically chose this one because as soon as I first joined I instantly fell in love, and I knew I wanted to apply for staff and be a part of this wonderful team and community that you have created. This community deserves the best, and I promise to deliver.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

I am in my school's marching band, I've participated in student council, I play clarinet and piano actually, and then most of my day consists of studying for class or sleeping

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

I would deal with the questions on the server, and while I do that I would ask the players to report the hackers with video evidence on the forums, and tag a junior moderator. Then I would contact whichever staff is on the discord server to assist the person with the music issue (or simply ask them to turn down their music), that way I can focus and properly assist the players on the server

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

I would ask them to stop messaging me and directly message the player who was punished to submit an appeal on the forums or buy an unmute from the store, apologize to the players for the incorrect punishment if it turned out that it was indeed false, and tell the upper staff the mistake that I made

Anything else we should know?

I'm thankful for you taking the time to read this, I know it must have been a long one, sorry! I look forward to hearing back! (Criticism where necessary is appreciated)

2. Dorito_

Dorito_ Senior Moderator
    Senior Mod

Hey @SkywardMajora, after reviewing your application, I have come up with the following suggestions:

» Fix a couple grammatical errors scattered throughout your application

» Boost your overall activity across all servers and platforms

» Add more detail to all of your answers

» Create a schedule that shows us when you can be online

Good luck!

-Dorito

3. Tank

Tank Media Manager, Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 2 weeks.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lacks overall detail.
    - Fairly new to the server.

Note: I like your style! Hopefully you'll take suggestions from @Dorito_ and attempt again.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.