Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied SkepWii's Staff Applacation

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Jaydon, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaydon

Jaydon Member

Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    SkepWii

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

• What's your timezone?: EST

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: SkepWii#2625

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: No, but I am planning to buy one if I don't get accepted into the staff team

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am most active on Jupiter

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have lots of time after school when I get home (around 3 or so).

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes I was using my new pvp (not hacks) mod pack for the first time not realizing that one of the mods weren't allowed on the server

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would explain why they were muted and tell them to wait the mute out so they can learn their lesson for doing whatever they were doing in chat.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: One of the mistakes I've made in the past year is not reading the Rules of one of the servers that I was on and I accidentally did something wrong.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I do not have any previous experiences with being a Staff Member on any server but this is why I am a good pick as a new Staff Member. In my 2 Years of playing Minecraft, I have learned many things and played many servers recently I have been playing Universe. I love to play on this server and I want to engage with some of the players on chat and help keep the community happy and carefree. Minecraft is supposed to be fun and kinda competitive but if players get too out of hand then the chat/community then things will start to get chaotic and Us Mods, Helpers, and even the Owner sometimes are here to stop any chaos that a player is causing. and if any player is being any type of rude then it is our job to be helpful as to calm the player down and maybe give him a mute or if it continues then a temp ban lastly like any Factions server some players can get a bit mad when their base gets raided and this is normal but we wouldn't want any player in chat being rude to any players in the chat. this is why I want to be a staff member on the Universe Minecraft Server

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am practicing piano (teaching myself) and I was part of a Robotics Club

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I will check and see if there is another staff member online a ask them to check on the hacker and then I will go onto discord and handle the player in discord by telling him/her to stop and if he doesn't then I will ask a mod to mute him or her as I don't know if a Helper has the ability to mute players in the discord.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I will tell the four players that I will check up on the false punishment and when I get it confirmed I will apologize to the false punished player and undo the false punishment

11) Anything else we should know?: I am very thankful that you are willing to take a look at my application

#1 Jaydon, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

Please change make the color of the questions and color of the answers different. It is quite hard to read

3. Jaydon

Jaydon Member

I have changed the color of the answers

4. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

First of all, there are many grammar mistakes in this application, either use Grammarly or plug it into google docs to do even the simplest grammar checks. Second, why is not having any experience a good thing?

5. Jaydon

Jaydon Member

For one I did put it through Grammarly and second I am explaining why I should be picked even with no experience

6. aggames3000YT

aggames3000YT Network Moderator

Hello skepwii I have read your application and I have a few suggestions.
    -become more globally active on the discord and the server as I haven’t really seen you online much.
    -add more detail overall into your application as it looks rushed.
    -try helping players more in chat like discord and ingame.

-aggames3000YT

7. Jaydon

Jaydon Member

Thanks for the suggestions and once in more involved on the server do I make a new thread or do I just wait

8. SourPatchSkidz

You can edit your current application

9. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

Interesting, if you did put it into Grammarly, why do I see sentences that do not have its first letter capitalized and coordinating conjunctions at the start of the sentence? There are also many run-on sentences. I doubt you actually plugged this into Grammarly. Grammarly can't miss these elementary grammar errors. Looks like to me that you didn't spend much time on this application and didn't even bother going through it yourself.

10. Tank

Tank Media Manager, Admin, Staff Application Critic
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application, you may reapply in 2 weeks.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing any application you may choose to create in the future. Also, check out our general requirements.

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lacks of overall detail.
    - Lack of global activity.

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.