Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied SixteenLetters Staff Application #5

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by 16LettersUserIGN, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Do you think I should be Staff?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16LettersUserIGN

16LettersUserIGN Demoted Staff Member

1) Simple Information
    Minecraft Username: SixteenLetters
    Previous Minecraft Usernames: https://namemc.com/profile/SixteenLetters.2
    Timezone: EST
    Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? I have Discord, Teamspeak 3, and a functional microphone on which I can talk to players/staff members.
    Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? I can record minecraft videos at a good framerate.
    Are you Star (Or Above) Yes, I am Solar rank on Jupiter, and rank Champion on Neptune.
    What is your full discord name? Your Boy Sixteen#2867

2) Elaborate
    2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server? Jupiter Dimension, I will also be on Neptune Dimension sometimes. If I do indeed get staff I will potentially be on the Mars Dimension.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
    Monday:
    4-5 hours
    Tuesday: 4-6 hours
    Wednesday: 3 hours
    Thursday: 6-7 hours
    Friday: 7-9 hours
    Saturday: 8-10 hours
    Sunday: 6-8 hours
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details. No.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do? I would tell the person why he was muted, why he isn't being unmuted, and the consequences if he kept spamming.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I got in mad trouble, I was in 7th grade Science . I was in Science class with 3 of my friends. One of my friends said "you should try and shoot a rubber band in the trash can." See, rubber band guns are easy to aim for me, and I thought if I hit it inside the trash can it wouldn't make noise. So, I aimed and then fired it. Right at that moment I knew I messed up. It hit the SIDE of the trash can and what happened was it made a very loud noise. The teacher saw it and said "who did this" and I wasn't scared because I knew my friends weren't going to rat me out. But then one of my friends said "It was Landen!" I dealt with it by just taking the consequences (I really couldn't even lie if I tried too.) I learned not too listen too my friends when they tell me too do dumb things.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)
    SurrealCraft
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    SurrealCraft was the first server I got staff on. This server was similar to Universe, it had factions. But, the staffing ranks were different. Instead of getting Helper, you got full-time Moderator. SurrealCraft was the frst time I had to help people in factions. And I was more of a KitPVP person, not factions. After 1 month of staff, I started to understand factions. Yet, the staff team was really rude to the Moderators. So I resigned and never went back. It was a fun server too be staff on, but not many players were online. In my previous applications. Staff had too make a parkour for the members. And I was the only one who decided to help the other staff members. The Owner was extremely rude to the Moderators as in blaming them on stuff he did. So like I said I resigned.

Zunded
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Zunded didn't have much people online. I really didn't want too be staff on this server. But, one day someone convienced me too apply for staff. I proceeded to read the requirements and found out I had too have VIP, so I joined the giveaway and won! I made my staff application and got accepted. KitPVP released on the server so it got more people. I resigned after 2 weeks and haven't gone back on it. I don't know what they are doing today, but I hope for them it is going well.

UniverseMC
    I used too be staff on UniverseMC and was demoted. After my faction staff experience I really knew how to handle situations in factions. The staff team was really polite too me. I loved helping out the community as well. This is the server that I actually really enjoyed having staff. (Hence why I am applying again.)
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Baseball
    Baseball is a former-sport I used too play. Baseball was fun too play at times, but I quit. I still play this a fun game/fun hobby.
    Football
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Football I played for a year. I actually liked this sport. Until, everyone started getting really competitive so I quit. I am not really a competitive guy when it comes too sports. I still play it as a hobby with people that are not competitive in sports like me.

Soccer
    Soccer is not a sport I have played yet. I practice it and it is a fun thing too do. Out of the three sports I mentioned ( Soccer, Football, and Baseball) Soccer is the one i'm best at.

Fortnite

This is one of my 2 other video games that come to my interest. I have played this game for so long that it is one of my favorite video games in the world.

Geometry Dash
    This is the 2nd game I really like. The concept of it is really cool. And this game I have been playing for 3 years. This is also one of my favorite video games in the world.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? I would get a staff member to see the hacker and he can deal with him if he actually is a hacker. Then I would go too see the person in Teamspeak and handle it, if I can't then I would get a staff member ranked higher than me. Then I would just go back too answering questions.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? If the punishment was actually incorrect, than I would apologize and say why I thought they were hacking. If it wasn't incorrect then I would tell them why he is banned, and why he won't be unbanned.
    11) Anything else we should know? As I mentioned earlier I was demoted on UniverseMC. I was demoted for inmaturity. Over the days I was demoted I've grown little by little more mature. I understand the reason I was demoted and deserved too be demoted. But like I mentioned I have grown a lot more mature. I have also tried my hardest to fix my grammar mistakes when people mention them and I also try to fix my punctuation.

Pros:
    • Grown more mature
    • Globally Active
    • Past staff experience
    Things I need to work on:
    • Grow a little more mature
    • Don't be a sore loser
    Cons:
    • I haven't really fully matured yet
    • I'm a sore loser
    I hope too be staff on the network.

(Here are 6 reasons I think I should be accepted)

Responsible
    I am responsible for my actions whether they are good or bad, I still own up to my actions that I have done.

Trustworthy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am trustworthy. Whether it is too keep secrets and stay quiet, I am still very trustworthy too my friends and always will be.

Polite
    I am polite too people I just met and everyone else. I sometimes do get a little mad and will get a little snappy. But I still try to be as polite as I can too people.

Always here too help
    I will always help people until they are satisfied with they're solution too their problem (As much as I can of course.)

Can Handle Situations others might not
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whether it is in real life, or in a game I can handle situations other people might not be able too handle. I think out of all the reasons I mention, Handling situations really well is a good benefit too a friend in real life, or in a video game.

Patient
    If I have too wait for something (whether it is in a video game or in real life) I will be very patient. to others

I hope too be staff!

#1 16LettersUserIGN, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. _BlockGame_

_BlockGame_ Member

Great Color Scheme
    Try To Fix The Error On Question #5 The Answer Is The Same As The Question
    and The Mistake On "Are you Star (Or Above)" Question

3. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @16LettersUserIGN Here are some suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable) (This could be due to timezones)
    - Space out your questions and responses more as it looks unorganized
    - Become more mature as you've been quite immature in the past
    - Gain more trust in the community as you were demoted in the past

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

4. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

5th times a charm xd overall a great application I don't see any real cons with it so I think you have a good shot at staff, Good luck!

5. Khizao

Khizao Member

Great Application Good luck!

6. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

Agreed, good luck.

7. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Just a friendly comment, it'd be better to put in more feedback instead of a simple "Agreed, Good luck". Appreciate that you agree with me nonetheless.

8. IzaFour

IzaFour Member

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lack of dedication, No spacings, quite unprofessional
    - Immaturity
    - Unprofessional
    Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.