Join other players on play.universemc.us

Pending Shard Generators in Shard shop.

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by RazorScythe, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazorScythe

RazorScythe Member

My suggestion is that Shard generators should be purchasable in-game for shards, in the Premium Shard shop items.

My reasoning for this is that basically, it's pay to win for the shard situation as in it's nearly impossible to purchase a Villager or Silverfish spawner without having a shard gen, and even with just a single tier 1 shard generator, it takes about a week to save up for just 1 Silverfish spawner. I also think they should be purchasable in-game because just like spawners, Skyblock is meant to be incremental. So you gain money to buy more spawners, which ups production rate, and the same thing with shards otherwise it just becomes a pay-to-win game. With the amount of shard gens the winners of last season paid to get with their Buycraft rewards, we might as well already call the next winners being the same ones, because no one else would spend that much real money to get close to as that much shard gens to compete.

If not convinced, what if you made it that each time you buy a shard gen of that type, the price goes up a bit so it gets a bit harder every time to get the next gen for that player, if that's possible? That makes it balanced in my opinion.

If the reason for this not being accepted is the money aspect, I heard that you guys were going to add ranks in the shard shop, which perhaps shard gens could replace, because I know for sure it would be more appreciated by the community so they can progress in island levels and money better at an incremental level.

I suggest this because I really love playing Skyblock on this server as it's the best Skyblock I've played in a long time, and I would like to see it continue to grow and improve. Sorry if I offended anyone with the pay-to-win statements above as it's not my intention, I'm just speaking how I feel.
    Thank you for your consideration :)

SoFocused likes this.
  2. SoFocused

SoFocused Developer
    Developer

Yeah, I've been trying to make shards less pay to win. As for the silverfish and villager spawners we wanted to make it really hard to get and we didn't except people to get them so fast.
    I'm trying to remove the pay-2-win aspect from it but in order to pay the is top prices, advertisement etc. we need some income.
    There will also be ranks in the shard shop. The new shard shop will be out on Friday or Saturday.
    EDIT: There's also people selling shards so I'd suggest buying from them.

RazorScythe likes this.
  3. RazorScythe

RazorScythe Member

Alright, thanks for clearing that up Focused, I thought it was just going to be like how it is now for the whole season so I was a bit worried. Even if just tier 1 and 2 shard gens get added to shop, you've probably got it figured out though

4. Pandachills

Pandachills Active Forum's Member
    Helper

We already have 70 silverfish they where very hard to obtain and we have over 50 shard generators I believe prices should be better or some sort of way to get shard gems be realesed

5. Jaii

Jaii Member

Hey there! I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to Pending, we will work on something to improve our gameplay. I appreciate this suggestion so much, thank you!

Thread closed and placed in "Pending".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.