Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Sarnando's Staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Sarnando, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:31 PM.

1. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: Sarnando

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): https://namemc.com/profile/Sarnando.2

• What's your timezone?: BST / GMT + 1.

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I am currently not.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: HibV2#4378, I have a working Microphone and have access to discord.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I have OBS and BANDICAM that I can use to record cheaters and people who break the rules in other ways.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: I have Galactic on Jupiter, Ghoul on Mars and Sky on Skyblock.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Mars and Jupiter as I enjoy playing factions a lot and sometimes prisons or skyblock since I also enjoy playing on them.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday: 4 PM – 9 PM

Tuesday: 4 PM – 9 PM

Wednesday: 8 PM – 10 PM

Thursday: 5 PM – 9 PM

*Saturday: 10 AM – 12 PM

*Sunday: 10 AM – 9 PM

* - Are liable to change if my sleep schedule is to change or if I won’t be home for that weekend. I will make sure to inform a higher up staff member if I am not able to be active on a specific day(s).

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): https://gyazo.com/cbe66a4df0b6417e8fd729b8c6da6908 https://gyazo.com/1cdfdfe15b82bef5bf4506786a129fac These are the punishments that I have gotten across all realms on the server.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would politely ask them to stop harassing me and if they continue to harass me then I will warn them, and if a warning is not suitable then I will raise the punishment accordingly.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I used to trash talk all the time on factions but over the years I have learned to not trash talk so much and become an all-around calm person, I dealt with it by taking time away from factions and play some more peaceful games like skyblock etc. I learnt that factions are not all about trash talking and that you should try to be friends with others that might be competing for ftop 1,2,3 and have fun with them outside of factions. Taking a break from the game helped me out a lot as well to not have to deal with people and I can enjoy more time with family and friends than spending all my time in front of a computer.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I have never been staff on a server before and would like to become a staff member in this community, this would help me out as a person and a staff member to gain experience, this would benefit me a lot and I would enjoy becoming staff on a growing, enjoyable community, I would also love to help out the community a lot with any problem that the players might encounter throughout their experience when playing on the server and hopefully achieve the best satisfaction from the players getting the help that they may need, I also believe that I can contribute a lot of hours to the server, help catch cheaters that might be trying to hide their cheats and just overall be a very helpful person to the community. I feel I would be very helpful towards any players that might just need help with in-game commands or help with their questions that they may not know about the server and just overall make the server a much better place for people to play on and have fun. Helping people out as a normal player also feels rewarding as you know that you have helped someone out who may have not known how to perform specific commands or are new to the game mode completely. I feel much better after helping people out with stuff that they might not understand such as creating a faction, inviting their friends, helping with commands on the skyblock or prison realm, making sure that they understand the rules fully and will be punished accordingly to the rules and will be escalated if the punishment doesn't affect the player and they continue to ruin the game for others making people not want to play the game if their island is griefed or people are being toxic in the chat.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I sometimes play football for the fun with my friends and ride my bike, I mostly ride in the woods and do jumps as they are very fun, I also go to a science club sometimes as I find the subject interesting. I sometimes take extra classes for computer coding as I find it very fun to code new things that could help me in the future when I need help with problem-solving that might require information that is found on the internet saving time and resources to perform searching which I might not find as it might take hours to find when an A.I. program can perform the same task but much quicker.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I would deal with the person who is blasting the music first in the channel as this can affect people’s ears, once they have been sorted out I will then ask for any information that the user who is reporting the problem (recordings, In-game usernames and what type of “hack” that they are using) and then proceed to pass this information onto a Jr. Mod for them to deal with the situation and with any help that they might need when looking through all the proof and if I feel the proof is valid enough them I would punish the player accordingly and a screen share to ensure they won't do it again if it's done on another realm.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would ask the people who are spamming me to stop, apologise to the person that was banned and I would learn from the mistake, ensuring I can moderate the same situation in the future knowing what is right and wrong without hesitation and ensure I am making the correct decision so then I don't cause confusion when I deal with the same punishment again without me making mistakes.

11) Anything else we should know?: I am 15 and I am nearly in my last year of school. I have excellent communication skills; I am very professional when speaking to others. I’m not very good at speaking languages but am willing to learn new ones. I recently did a speaking assessment and the person moderating thought that I professionally did a very good job and expand on my answers instead of answering with a “yes” or “no” as this would not benefit me in interviews as I don’t have that mindset to expand on questions without thinking about it helping me become a more all-rounded person I feel the speaking assessment helped me out as it gives me the confidence to speak to others in a proper manner and not speaking to them like they are a young child.

#1 Sarnando, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:31 PM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM
  2. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

Interview - Hello, Sarnado

Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (Snooker#0001) to schedule your interview.

-Snookia

3. AnonymousOG

AnonymousOG Network Owner
    Management Team Administrator Owner

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Thank You