Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted S0ULSTRIKER's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Striker, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Striker

Striker Network Helper
    Helper

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: S0ULSTRIKER

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): Here

• What's your timezone?: Pacific

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes; Striker#7929

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: No

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Jupiter, Mars, or Venus. (Factions or KitPvP)

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: About an 3-5 hours a day.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): No

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: No matter who it is, if it's a famous rank or a well known player and they do not abide by the stated rules and the punishment was correct. Then they have wait out their punishment.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I made a mistake by mis-interpreting something that someone said. Which in turn didn't like the outcome and changed my mood towards them. After a while, communicated about the situation and cleared up the relationship. What I learned is to always ask questions. If you do not know the answer or if you just wondering to clarify some things. Always ask so you don't mess up anything.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Yes, I've owned my own server in previous years some successful and some not. So I know the work and money that goes into making and maintaining a server. From organizing staff, to working with developers, and working together with a staff team to make and maintain a well-running server. I have much experience in that area. Overall, I have almost 6+ years in Minecraft management. I've been apart of multiple servers as manager/developer/youtuber. Sometimes all at once. I've also worked along with snooker as admin/manager on previous servers as well. The most recent server I was an admin on was Hyrise Factions. Due to the main owner leaving and co-owner selling the server, I am no longer with that staff team. The videos are proof of being admin/manager on the most recent servers I was apart of. What I would like to do for the server is to make a mod or admin series for Youtube. Trolling hackers then banning them gets rid of the hackers and makes gameplay better and it also makes for entertaining videos for my fans and Youtube viewers. I can help out with moderation and setting up events as well. I have done PVP, parkour, and spleef events or tournaments on previous servers. But as I said, I would enjoy doing a mod series of banning hackers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Proof of staff Series and info videos on previous servers. Feat. Snooker 6:05

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: Yes, I like the outdoors and hiking. I like kayaking on the lakes during the summer. I also enjoy photography as well. Minecraft is a nice fun game to play on the side.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    This has happened to me several times. Especially when several factions are all wanted help with hackers or accusing others of an illegal raid. Everything that happens has a priority. Finding hackers takes a higher priority because it affects the gameplay of the server. Someone who is blasting music in the channel is less priority because you can just get out of the channel or mute the user.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: If I did make a false punishment towards a player. I would do my best to resolve the issue or contact and follow up on the issue to get the higher-ups to resolve it. If it wasn't a false punishment, then I would tell the other players why and provide proof of the accused and why they deserved the punishment.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    When I had my servers, I made a network of KitPvP, Factions & Minigames. SoupPvP was my most popular, I took about 6 months, and coded my own classes, ranks, and ability system along with 1v1 and duels for KitPvP. All my players loved it and no doubt it was the most popular on my network. I also have a YouTube channel and I currently do plugin tutorials. I am also a Skript Developer, I also did both Java coding back in the day but just mainly do Skript because it takes less time. I have a public Anti-Xray Skript on spigot with over 2k+ downloads and many good reviews. I have been apart of many servers to help fix issues, advertise or manage. I was brought on to do a full-time dev for a private SMP server of about 10+ players. I was then made a head-manager to oversee the developers. I stepped down from that position last month. There was no need to oversee new developers or hire anyone new since the owners liked the devs and they were trusted. I like the back-end configurations and plugins of Minecraft, but I also enjoy moderating players and watching for hackers. Thank you for reading
    :)

- Striker

#1 Striker, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. Kiira

Kiira Member

+1 (I can count on one hand how many time I said this) It seems you know what you're talking about and has the experience to help the staff team succeed. Wish you luck my friend.

3. Striker

Striker Network Helper
    Helper

Appreciate man. Thanks :)

4. Sarnando

Sarnando Member

Seems like an all-around person, good application.
    Good luck!

5. Striker

Striker Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you!

6. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hey there! Your application is very laid out and very detailed.. one problem is all of the grammatical errors, I’d suggest just running it through grammarly real quickly!

Best of luck
    - Zox

7. Striker

Striker Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you for the feedback. I will check it over again.

8. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

Interview - Hello, Sarnado

Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (Snooker#0001) to schedule your interview.

-Snookia

9. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Network Helper
    Helper

Congrats on pending! Don't know you that well, but you sound like a great person.

10. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.