Join other players on play.universemc.us

Interview rw54 2'nd helper application

Discussion in 'Interview Applications' started by matty, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty

matty Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

rw54

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

N/A

• What's your timezone?:

I live in northern Ireland but I play a lot of NA aswell as EU.

17 in 3 months

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

I am currently beta testing another server at the minute but the server realise is soon and I wont be re-applying for any more roles on the server afterwards.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Matty#2584

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes I currently am using streamlabs obs for recording and I leave my recordings on everytime I play to record everything.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Jupiter-Void, Alts 4-Galactic 2-Solar-2 Flare
    Mars- Apollo, 2 Alts Noble
    I will be purchasing a rank on Venus soon as well.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I will be playing a lot of Jupiter when released but I play mars every release and am starting to play Venus more frequently

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday 3-5 Hours
    Tuesday 2-4 Hours
    Wedensday 4-6 hours
    Thursday 3-4 Hours
    Friday 3-6 Hours
    Saturday 5-7 Hours
    Sunday 5-7 Hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have been banned on Jupiter for genning in combat accidentally And also banned for spamming mobs on the last day I have been banned on mars for clearing my recycling bin 3-5 minutes before being frozen and I have been banned on siaco once for chargeback but someone charged back a tag they bought me I didn't chargeback myself

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player.
    They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I would remind them that they got there punishment for a reason and remind them to not spam staff because we are busy dealing with all types of issues and if they continued to spam I would remind them to stop and tell them if they didn't there would be more punishments and give them the punishments deemed fair if they continued.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I learned that genning in combat isn't aloud because I was hit while genning a box and placed one block and got banned for it then I realised not to gen anywhere near anyone again because the same mistake can happen and I would receive the same punishment even if it is accidental.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):I was :

I have been a SR mod on PvPWars.net and was staff there for 2 years I learned everything I had to during that time I mainly focused on testing glitches/problems within the server and reporting them to admins to resolve the issue I was also taught how to ss people properly and am able to check strings for ghost clients I have also dealt with people trying to spam the server with alts and can stop it quickly and effectively and I have learned how to deal with spam/toxicity well and I would avoid it at all cost during my time as a staff member but I also have had to deal with people spamming for unmutes/unbans and key all ect

I have also been a Mod on Archon in 2015 which was a challenge because of the amount of people glitching in bases and using clients to give them an advantage over other people was high so dealing with those types of scenarios was difficult but because of the /f logs for f chest and /f inspect on universe it makes It a lot easier to see if someone glitched In or someone insided ect

I have also been jr admin on an old server called emenbee.net which use to contain 2000 players daily so I learned how to multitask during that role I also did things like dealing with cannon issues because I can cannon pretty well and I can also build /spawn's ect if needed and because of the jar issues with universe I would be able to help people in that type of scenario

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I have been trying to learn how to code but I also have college for 8-10 hours a day and I also do 2 afterschool activates including rugby and football and work for 4-5 hours most days accept Sundays which is completely open but in school my Thursdays are pretty open so I am able to do more things Thursdays Saturdays n Sundays than most other days.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would first message into the staff chat on discord asking for a jrmod plus I would tp to the 2 different players with this 'hacker' while doing that I would tell the person who's in the discord to leave the call while I deal with the hacker if the hacker is blatant enough I would freeze and tell him he has 5 minutes to get into the ss waiting room while waiting on him to join/admit to hacking I would deal with whoever's spamming the music in the call via telling them to stop with a verbal warning if they don't stop I would mute them from the discord for the correct amount of time or tell a jrmod to issue the punishment if needed and I will if the hacker joins the ss waiting room I would ask him to admit for the 14 day ban or download paladin first, if the paladin found nothing I would manually ss him by checking his strings for recent activity and his 'ghost client' will be in the strings so its an easy ban if not manually ss him if I find nothing apologies and unfreeze them.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would retract my punishment and tell them that mistakes happen and I'm sorry for giving out the wrong punishment whoever's spamming I would ask them to stop if they continued I would issue them with a warning politely and if they continues I would give them a mute.

11) Anything else we should know?: :cool:

goldboy2 likes this.
  2. LawrenceOrourke

3. YouABich

YouABich Member

4. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

Interview - Hello!

Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM Takedowns on the forums or on discord (Takedowns#9650) to schedule your interview.

-Snookia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.