Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted RNS' Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by RNS, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RNS

RNS Member

Simple Information

Minecraft Username:

· RNS

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

· Past IGNS: Keopi, Nyalo, iPassives, Selectz, Selectionz, FactionsNukes, Nects, and PeoplersPvP

What's your timezone?:

· PST (UTC -8)

· I am 17 years of age.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:

· Yes, I do have discord my discord is RNS#7991 and I do have a working microphone it is an A10 Gaming Headset so the mic quality is good that way it is easy to understand me if I am speaking to anyone in need of help.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

· Yes, I currently have an i5-8300h and a GTX 1050 ti in my laptop and an i5 6400 with a RX 570 in my desktop. I am currently looking to upgrade these in the future to further upgrade the quality on my recordings to make it all look smoother. (I am looking to start streaming on twitch as well)

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

· Yes, I bought Eclipse rank about a month ago and I had bought a couple other items as well to get me started. I had played on your server enough to buy a voucher for Galactic rank on your Jupiter Dimension.

What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234:

· My discord tag is RNS#7991

Elaborate

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

· I am most active on your Jupiter Dimension as that is the server I enjoy a lot. I’ve met a lot of cool people on there. Had a blast this past month and I really enjoy it. I’ve been putting in 8+ hours a day on the server trying to grind to be the best.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

· I will give you a detailed list:

· Monday-Thursday: I have school from 7:30 AM (PST) – 2:25 PM (PST) and once I get home (Around 2:50 PM (PST) I am able to play as long as needed (Usually I play from when I get home to around midnight or so).

· Friday-Sunday: I am able to play throughout the whole day. From when I wake up in the morning which is usually around 10:00 AM (PST) to about 2:00 AM (PST). I do play a lot and I try to enjoy my time as much as I can.

· I do take breaks here and there to either 1. Do school work that I need to get done. 2. Chores, fixing anything in my house that needs fixing, making food/eating food, and showering/bathing. 3. If my Girlfriend decides to come over and hang out for a bit. Or if I take her to go do something fun like going out to eat etc.…

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

· Yes, I have been banned on a Network that I used to work on as a Senior Moderator. The Network was called Lemon Cloud. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say the server but I did just incase you need to look up any of these details, but I had gotten banned on there for Community Disruption. Now this was because of a corrupt Manager that I had discovered on the Network. He had been giving his friends on certain server’s item’s and such when he wasn’t supposed to be doing that. So, I had spoke up about it to him and then he had demoted me and then banned me. Around 4 months later the Owner I believe found out what he had been doing and then the Manager got banned then I had gotten unbanned clearing my name.

· Now as for UniverseMC I have gotten banned on here once, but it was a misunderstanding I believe between Staff and I. To explain my situation, I had been playing on here for a week or so and I wanted some alternate accounts to use to AFK and such for my grinders. So, without me thinking it all the way through thinking something bad would happen. I had found free alternate accounts online and I was going to use them on the server. Come to find out I believe 5 of them were banned and then that had leaded to my IP which got me banned. I discussed it with Anonymous and Jonbear and they had unbanned me. I had also asked Anonymous if this would in any way affect me when I apply to become staff and he had told me that I should be fine. So therefore, I believe that is my bans/punishments on servers that I can remember. If I end up remembering any more, I will of course make sure to edit this post and include it for you guys to see!

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

· I’d first ask the player to stop spamming me. Then if the player continues to constantly spam me, I will warn him once. Then if this so said player continues and continues to spam, I will then extend his punishment to 12 hours as that would be his 3rd offence and hopefully that would stop this player from spamming constantly. Now I’d assume this would be on discord as the player would be muted in game, but if it was in game and he was on an alternate account then I would give the player a ban for the duration of his mute as he is on an alternate account therefore breaking the mute evasion rule. If it was on discord, I don’t think it’d really be appropriate to block the player in any way because if he needs help later on down the line, I’ll still be glad to help the player, but if I need to I can turn my discord notifications off that way I don’t hear him spamming me in the background. Players that like to spam to get unmuted want to get your attention. Now if you don’t give them attention then they will calm down from my experience.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

· A mistake I had made within the last year would have to be when I had gone to Hawaii and broke my leg. Now I hadn’t meant to do this of course, but it was a very big mistake on my part and I learned a lot from it. I used to be a huge risk taker before going on this trip with my friends. It was 4 of my friends and two of their parents had gone with us. My friends and I go to this beach somewhere in Maui I forgot the name of the beach, but it was a very nice beach with crystal clear water. Beautiful place and I enjoyed snorkeling there a lot. Well I start talking to my friends and I’m looking over to this cliff people were jumping off of. So, I get on my shoes and I start hiking up to this cliff. I get up there and I see the spot where everyone was jumping off of and it was on a lower part of the cliff. So, I had wanted to show off to my friends and I went to a higher part of the cliff. Then I begin to get a running start at it and I sort of slipped a little when I had first jumped. Therefore, this had caused me to lose a lot of momentum going into the jump. Then I had barely clipped my leg on the coral reef and it ended up breaking the Tibia bone in my leg had broken. Now to deal with this I got medical attention right away and we had gotten me all fixed up in a cast and such. I learned that sometimes going into some things you have to think about it all the way through instead of being a risk taker. Ever since this little incident I’ve been scared of heights. I know now that you need to take a step back from something you are about to do and actually evaluate the situation. I should’ve checked to see if where I was jumping from was wet or not. I hadn’t done that and it could’ve costed me my life. So, I think this was one big mistake that I have learned greatly off of.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

· Yes, I have a lot of server moderation and leadership experience. I have been Helper, Moderator, and Admin on many servers. Just there are only 2 that I remember more clearly than the others. These two servers I’m about to list are servers that were the most populated servers that I had Moderated as a staff member on.

· The first server that I will bring up I had worked on about 2 years ago. This server was a Network which consisted of having Kitpvp, Factions, Creative, Survival, and Prison. I was active on all 3 of these servers. Now I don’t remember the name of this server, but I was an admin on it. It had averaged about 400 players daily. The most active side of their player base was on their Kitpvp map. So I had moderated there a lot. I’d always find hackers and other people doing stuff they weren’t supposed to do. Like bending rules and such. There had been an outbreak on that server of people duping items with their PV’s. So I had to then explain to my developers how they were doing the duplication glitch because I had talked with one of the well-known members in the community and asked him how people were doing it. Then my developer had gotten a fix for it as soon as he could. So then the server had been rolled back and the duplication glitch was completely gone. Now there was a second bad outbreak that had happened. That was when one of my fellow Administrators had wanted to quit. Then they had thought in their head to abuse their powers and start giving people in the community over powered items and such. So I once again had to deal with the Administrator. As in I had to message the Owner what was going on and get the staff member demoted immediately. We once again had to roll back the server when that Admin had done all the abusing. A role I mainly had on this server was managing the staff team. The owner gave me the responsibility to pick who gets a Staff Member position. I decided who got promoted and who got demoted. I had a lot of responsibility when it came to these staff members. I needed to pick the perfect people to do the right job. I also needed to pick out the people that weren’t doing the most for the server and sadly demote them as I’m sure you guys do the same. Overall that is my experience in Leadership and Moderation in this server.

· Now for this second server I’m about to list I have listed it already, but this is the largest Network I have ever been apart of. It is called Lemon Cloud. Once again if I shouldn’t be including these server names please tell me and I will remove the names immediately. So now for this server I had gotten used to the community. Made lots of friends that supported me all the way through to the end. I had become a Helper on the server and I was always doing my job muting people and banning players that had deserved it by breaking the rules. (Rules that resulted in bans if broken) I had worked my way up to Moderator. I was in a much more trusted position than before. I was doing the same job, but I had new commands and such. Allowing me to do more than just see what’s going on in chat. Like reading private messages to see if players are harassing one another. Now sometimes there were things I wish I hadn’t seen, but I had still seen them then of course they resulted in a punishment. With this new rank on the Staff Team I had more responsibilities and I had tried my hardest every day to do good by the server. Always trying to help it in anyway possible. (Suggesting new features for them to add, finding bugs/exploits for them to patch and etc.) I had always tried to do good. At one point I had gotten Sr. Moderator which came bigger responsibilities. I was a role model for the Staff Members that were lower than me. For this position I was the one that helped the staff get used to their roles. I had taught them what they needed to know and what they need to do in certain situations. Of course, they had the rules to look at, but I taught them how certain things were done on that server. One day came around when I had caught the server Manager giving items to his friends in the server. I had confronted him about it to see if I could get him to stop, but of course he took it a different route. Since he had more power, he had decided to demote me and ban me for community disruption. The owner had found out about it later and had banned/demote that Manager and he had unbanned me and apologized. So that is my Moderation experience for a server that had averaged over 1,000 players. They had many servers on there. (Skyblock, Kitpvp, Factions, OP Factions, OP Prison, Skywars, and Creative) This concludes my Moderation experience. I do have a lot of other servers I had been staff on, but it’d be a lot for you guys to read. I figured I’d include my 2 biggest servers I had been staff on.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

· I used to be on a football team. I was the Wide Receiver for those of you that know what that is. I enjoyed it a lot. It was a passion of mine outside of Minecraft. I’d go to the park every weekend either with my dad or teammates. We’d throw the ball back and forth or sometimes play mini games of two-hand touch football. I enjoyed it a lot and I feel like I was pretty good at what I did.

· For another hobby I had. It was for another game and that other game was Fortnite. Yes, I was an epic gamer, but I didn’t play it too much for fun I played it as a sport. I was on a esports team called Psynergy. They had many Esports teams in their roster. They had brought me along in their Fortnite roster. I met 2 other cool guys in there. I’m still friends with them to this day. Me being on this Esports team had also gave me some Leadership experience. As I had gotten my teammates on to practice a lot and I was the one to sign us up for tournaments and such. We competed in 4 $10,000 tournaments and we had gotten close in one of them. We had ended up winning $500 from one of them. I had a blast playing on that team and it was one of my favorite hobbies.

· Since I had been in the competitive mood, I played a lot of Rainbow Six Siege. I still play the game to this day. Just not as much anymore. I enjoy the game, but I don’t have the same grinding feeling as Minecraft. It’s just a game to play whenever I am not playing Minecraft.

· Now since I am 17 years old. I do have a huge interest in cars. I do like JDM cars the most out of all types of cars. I go to a lot of car shows. I’ll go to tracks and such and I will drift my 240sx that I constantly work on. I currently don’t have it in my garage atm as I have it at my other house. I blew a hole in the middle of one of my headers so I had ordered some new headers that come soon and I will get that fixed very soon, I hope. This is another hobby/passion of mine that I have.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

· So firstly, I’d say the hacker is more threatening than the hacker. So, I would immediately tell that player that is talking about the hacker to start recording the hacker if he can. Then after telling the player that I would message a junior moderator on discord about it. Then I’d try hard to do that as fast as I could then switch immediately to discord. Now I’d join the channel in which the player is blasting music and I’d ask him to stop kindly. If the person doesn’t stop then if I have discord permissions, I would mute the person for however long I am informed about. I currently don’t see anywhere that tells me punishments for people in discord. I am sure I will be given a list of punishments for certain things. So I will deal with the person according to what the punishment tells me.

SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    · Firstly, if I had not known if it was an incorrect punishment, I’d tell the player to appeal on the forums to better explain his side. Now if I knew that I had made an incorrect punishment afterwards. I’d immediately take away his punishment and then apologize to the player that had been punished and give him an explanation on why I had thought he was the guy I thought did the wrong doing. Now for the 4 players that are arguing and spamming me. I would give them a warning for spamming of course. If they had broken the spamming rule again, I will give them the correct punishment for a 2nd offense. Now say if they get unmuted and are still spamming, I will give them the 3rd offense punishment. Which I believe will be highly unlikely. I think they’d stop after the 2nd offense punishment, but I’d try to explain my side of the story to the player I incorrectly punish to better explain myself.

Anything else we should know?:

· My name is Nick I do like to grind a lot on factions as it is a passion of mine. I like to cannon a lot so I believe me having knowledge about that kind of stuff can help to better improve the server. I have lots of Factions experience and I wish to help the server become better! I have given lots of suggestions in the player council suggestions chat on discord. The reason I am applying is that I wish to better improve the server. I wish to continue to help the community. I feel like me having a role in the Staff Team will better help me get my word out. I feel like I can better change the server to try and make it a very fun and enjoyable place for people to play. I really hope you guys take this application into consideration. I really do like this server and I hope to make it better. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as I sure did enjoy writing it all. I hope you have a great day! If you have any feedback whatsoever please tell me down below as I will look at it all and try my hardest to fix anything that I did wrong in this. I am trying to be way more active on discord which I am successfully doing and I am going to be more active on these forums. I hope to help out as many people as I can.

Thank you for reading!

-RNS

2. IzaFour

IzaFour Restricted
    Muted

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity and attitude in-game and on our social media sites. Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days. Thanks.

I would like to see you more active on Discord and forums and generally more active on all our platforms

3. RNS

RNS Member

Awesome thank you. I will of course try to be more active on all platforms! I appreciate this a lot thank you!

4. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Congratulations on pending!

5. RNS

RNS Member

Thank you!

6. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Sorry for the late Congratulation

7. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Restricted
    Muted

Interview - Hello! After reviewing your application throughout the past few days we have decided to interview you, please contact an admin via discord regarding this.

It is your responsibility to PM an admin like myself regarding this.

My Discord: RoboticSavage#7091

Good luck.

Thanks.

8. AwesomeBroDude

AwesomeBroDude Riven Main

Congratulations @RNS for reaching the Interview stage.

9. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Congratulation @RNS

10. RNS

RNS Member

Thank you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.