Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted RichIceBreaker Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by RichIceBreaker, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichIceBreaker

RichIceBreaker Network Helper
    Helper

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    RichIceBreaker

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    None

• What's your timezone?:
    Eastern Standard Time

• Are you staff on any other servers?:
    NO, I had my own server called: play.richicebreaker.com.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:
    RichIceBreaker#9865

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    yes, I have Bandicam. I love it and record with a Facecam cause I want start my youtube channel soon.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    Neptune-Emperor

Pluto-Warlock
    Jupiter-Default
    Mars-Default
    Venus-Default
    Saturn-Default

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    Neptune, Im try to play on other server.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday - 8pm - 12am
    Tuesday - 8pm - 12am
    Wednesday - 7pm - 10pm

Thursday - 7pm - 12am
    Friday - 7pm - 12am
    Saturday - 10am - 12am
    Sunday - 10am - 12am

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    NO

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    I would kindly tell the player that they got there punishment for a reason. then i would say i was busy dealing with other types of issues. If the player continued to spam me ill tell them to stop. If they don't there would be more punishments if continued. Making it fair for all players on the network.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I made a mistake when connecting my HardDrive to my Laptop. I was connecting the USB to my Laptop and the
    adapter converter to SATA to the HardDrive. Next I plug in the power adapter in the wall then plugin backwards the 4 pin and fried the converter cable as well as my laptop motherboard. Next time I need to pay attention to what I am doing. The HardDrive was find. I bought a New motherboard and cpu for the Laptop. I also using the dead motherboard for soldering. I put a few wires together to turn my wireless usb mouse to wired, cause I don't like spending money for batteries. The new build Laptop is now running Ubuntu for storage and sharing files for backup.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    I own my own Minecraft server for 1 year. I learned that if you don't use some sort of advertising, that the server would not grow nor no one would know the server (IP). Next thing I learn was putting all the plugins and figuring them all out so the server worked. I had a server in mind that would be like faction but spawn looked a little broken. I meant as the spawn look like a kid made it and shop was near it. The PVP was enabled in spawn. I know it would be wrong to allow that. I know players hate it now and there are hackers. I never had real experience as a staff on a full working server. I first would check any ticket that were made that I can fix. If There was any ticket that need help that I can do. I would respond to the player of the ticket and see what is wrong. If it was a player hacking and they have proof of it on Youtube. I would check if the player was hacking. If the player was hacking I would ban the player. Next i would inform the ticket player that the player was ban for hacking, but if the player was not hacking then i would say It was lag, not enough proof or he playing legit like you are. Next I would check to see if there was another ticket I can help. and also check all realms to see if they are working and nothing is going wrong. I meant if any players are hacking or breaking any server rules. I hate hackers and xray, both hacks break the game for everyone.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I do , I have my own Personal Computer Repair Shop where I live. I also trying to lean python for short, but my real interest might be in Gaming or A.W.S. Next thing I'm doing right now is working on my credit. I want to work on it so I can build somewhat of a gaming computer. I also have a wireless router to share media off of the Laptop so I can watch videos or movies when I go to bed or when I'm bored.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

First - The hacker is more priority. I would Dm a JRMod or above for a hacker. If i can't get anyone to help I will record the player for hacking and then temban him for breaking one or more server rules. If the player was not hacking I would inform the 2 players that he might be lagging. Next I would ask them if they have any prof of this player hacking.
    Second - I would explain that i was taking care of a hacker. Next I would check if this user is blasting music in the channel. If the user was blasting music in the channel i mute him for a curtain time frame. Next tell a JRMod about the issue of blasting music user.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would check if i did make a incorrect punishment. If I did i would say i'm sorry for giving out the wrong punishment whoever's spamming me. I would ask them to stop if they continue to do so. I would issue them a warning if they continuously spamming me. I would mute them from my DM's.

But if i did make a correct punishment to the player i would message him saying your punishment was deserved and to please wait it out. Tell the player please don't make the same mistake again. If the mistake happens again further punishment will take place.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    My name is Jeffrey. I live in Michigan. Thanks for reading my Staff Application.
    (Happy Holidays)

#1 RichIceBreaker, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. 3Cents

3Cents Staff

Hey RichIceBreaker,

Try and add more detail to your application.
    Become more active on forums and other realms I game.
    Other than that, I think this is a really good application. Spaced out nicely, good color
    scheme. Good answers, good history. Extremely nice person

Good Luck

3cent

3. RichIceBreaker

RichIceBreaker Network Helper
    Helper

Thanks for the Reply 3Cents. I did add more detail to the application. I will be joining other realms to not only check them out, but also make sure no one is breaking the server rules. Even knowing I'm not a Helper yet.

3Cents likes this.
  4. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello @RichIceBreaker

After reading your application, I have come to the decision to move your application to our "Interview Stage" Congratulations! Please contact me on Discord to set up an interview time. Thank you

-Joes

3Cents likes this.
  5. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Accepted! Welcome to the Team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.