Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied RicardoFuhrer's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by RicardoFuhrer, Jun 18, 2019.

?

Toxicity a good thing for Factions?

1. Yes

15.4%
  2. No

84.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

Minecraft Username: RicardoFuhrer

• Timezone: UTC 9:00+

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? Yes

Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos? Yes

• Are you Star (Or Above) Yes

What is your full discord name? Hoe's Mad#9031 (can be changed)

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

The server I'm mostly active on is Jupiter Dimension but I do rotate and I will be playing on Mars alot when it resets.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

10 hours a week minimum, but I could contribute a lot more since of my schedule is basically free.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?

Yes i have been banned, the reason was for deleted files.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would ask him to stop kindly and tell him if he has a problem with the reason he has gotten muted to make a staff report, and if he continues I would end up kicking him.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it?
    What did you learn?

I don't know if you want an in real life situation or in game, but I will give a in game situation. My faction mates and I where raiding a base and I said I would water the cannon for them and I missed a spot of watering. By the time it was to shoot the cannon blew up. The way I resolved the situation was rebuilding the cannon and supplying the needed tnt for the raid. I learnt from this to always be certain before making a decision.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)

I have experience moderating in two servers in the past, both of which were small and both of which are dead
    Angels Underground and Frozen were both owned by the same person and one consisted the new version of the last one:

• Angels Underground: It was a small factions server, just like its successor, and had a daily player base of 15~ players, though, a medium community of different players. The requirements to be accepted as a staff member were low so I was promoted to Admin (although it had the same power as MOD in Brawl), along with two old friends of mine in 2013. We moderated the server although we mostly had nothing to do other than warn a few players, or in some cases ban a few hackers.
    • Frozen: It was a small factions server as well, with a daily player base that did not exceed 10 players. A JMOD rank had been implemented slightly after the server's release. It was very similar to a Brawl JMOD. As an Admin on the previous server, I was promoted to JMOD instantly, with my tasks being kicking hackers and continuous violators and mute chat violators.
    I was also a server moderator on Garry's Mod MRRP for over 700 hours the only reason I'm still not playing and serving that server as a staff completely is because the server just got too boring. That server would max out at 128 players every day and if you wanted to load back into the server you would have to wait 10 minutes.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ?

Skydiving, Boxing, Swimming and Air Force Cadets and Boating (Fishing)
    ~Boxing; I have been doing Boxing for two years now and i'm about to start fighting competitively.
    ~Air Force Cadets; I have been doing Air Force Cadets four about Three Years and i've just recently gotten promoted and my main focus in the cadets is aircraft technician.
    ~Fishing; I go fishing every weekend.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

I would first ask everyone that had asked a question or wanted to ask a question to ask one by one and to stay calm. For the super urgent problems ill ask them to use the discord so other staff members can be notified of the situation that the player in need is in, Then I would vanish and watch the hacker while recording for evidence of him hacking. If he is hacking I would tempban him till a higher staff could come on. I would only ban him if I was 100% sure he was hacking. Then I would sort out the mic spammer in teamspeak than continue on from there

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

I would tell them to calm down than I would check my recordings to see if I actually false banned. If I did indeed falsely ban the player I would revoke the punishment and give him something out of my person belongings and report my actions to a higher up. ( CoC)

11) Anything else we should know?
    My subjective point of view on the format of the staff application is that you should add some questions that make people describe themselves and that you should add a question that makes them answer a question asking why they should chose you over other people.

#1 RicardoFuhrer, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hello there! I have a few suggestions for your application!

» Change the colors a bit (Hard to read)
    » Become more globally active
    » Add more overall detail.

~ Zoxide

3. BrandonGaming33

a few tips to improve this:
    -change it from the rainbow fount to a more readable colour format
    -more detail for most of the questions also be more specific for question 3

4. KazGames

KazGames Small YouTuber

Well... Really hard for me to read the questions with the color scheme. Uhm, bold the questions as well. I'll list my suggestions.

- Make the color scheme readable.
    - Add more detail
    - Put more effort and thought into the questions (Kinda like the previous suggestion)

I'd say just do 2 colors... One for the questions and one for the answers. I get that people say make it colorful, but it is possible to be too colorful, xD

Few things to think about btw

Question 10: You mentioned you would check your recordings. I assume your guessing the false punishment was for a hacking ban or something around there. What if the ban was for harassment/racism/spam/etc. I would like to see more detail.

Question 9: You said you would tell the players messaging you. Do you believe you should spend the time to tell the players with /msg [user] that you are busy. Maybe you could prioritize the users hacking before informing them as it would take higher priority and cause less issues? Please elaborate.

Question 7: You mentioned being staff on "Angels Underground." This server was a version 1.6.4 server, running around 2014. Do you have any verification of working as staff around this time? You also stated being staff for "Frozen" That is a very simplistic name, but the best thing I could find was a spawn with this layout. Would this be the correct spawn for the given server?
    [​IMG]

Question 5: You said you would request the player to stop if they were indeed spamming you. I have a few questions that could help you reiterate and explain further. What if the mute was indeed false? Why would you kick the user, when it would just remove them from the server for a couple of seconds and they may continue the spam when they rejoin. Do you believe a kick would worsen the situation and start to have them classify you as 'abusive?'

Question 4: You mentioned you have been banned for 'deleted files.' Were these files potentially for a hacked client? If so, how long ago did this punishment happen and what were the reasons for doing such a thing to cause the punishment?

I apologize for re-posting this, my previous post for your application wasn't well thought and needed more time put into it.

5. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

The Files were not malicious it was my OpenEye mod that i tried to delete but did not work since my game was still open, i showed him the recording and he said i know you didnt delete anything but since you tried to.

6. Etalanic

Etalanic Member

+1 seems chill good luck

7. ImWeed

ImWeed Network Helper
    Helper

Here are some suggestions which I recommend (Some have already been mentioned)

- Change the color scheme to make it easier to read

- A bit more detail to your outside hobbies i.e. How long you have been in Air Force cadets, and maybe why you like doing them

- Maybe some more detail on
    Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it?
    What did you learn?
    (especially what you learnt from this mistake)

~ImWeed~

8. ItsJoes

ItsJoes Network Helper
    Helper

+1 Easy person to talk to, helpful, Active on Both Jupiter and Mars, Overall great Applicant. Best of luck Ricardo <3

9. 1800IPod

1800IPod The Destructer.

10. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

<3

11. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

I just realised i could expand your reply,
    For question 10 I would just CoC to see if they could check logs

Question about the Staff Experience, No that was not the server the Frozen server i played on was a very small australian server that had a max about 15 players on at once, but my gmod staff experience alone should prove that I'm more than capable to handle situations, I can try find my gmod application than link you to it and they also interview you while you fill out some questions.

Question 5 I would kindly ask another staff member to come on and ill send them the reason i muted them and then they will decide if he should be unmuted or not

Question 4: The Files were not malicious it was my OpenEye mod that i tried to delete but did not work since my game was still open, i showed him the recording and he said i know you didnt delete anything but since you tried to.

12. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

Sorry for taking so long to respond. As I said I only just realised I could extend the tab.

13. DraxlezFX

DraxlezFX Member

+1, i like the color

14. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

<3

15. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

One of the few void ranks that aren't toxic haha. But in all seriousness, would make a good helper. Good luck Ricardo!

-Techno

16. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

thank you heaps

17. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Interview - Hello, RicardoFuhrer
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

18. pxlize

pxlize ( ありがと )

19. TechnoPat

TechnoPat Member

Good luck Ricardo!

20. RicardoFuhrer

RicardoFuhrer Member

Thaank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.