Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted RevolutionYT Staff application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by RevolutionYT, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: RevolutionYT

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): namemc.com/RevolutionYT

• What's your timezone?: SAST

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?: Yes I do

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes I do have the ability to record I use an app called Open Broadcasting Software.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes I am, on Jupiter I am Void rank and YouTuber.

• What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234: RevolutionYT#0984

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Jupiter server is the server I play on the most here but from time to time I would go onto a different server to play on. On the other hand if I do get told to go moderate on a different server that is what I will do.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: About 2 hours everyday I am now in high school so I have a lot of work to do for homework but when I can get on I will make sure that I am on.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes I have been punished a few times but I have learned from my mistakes.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I will tell them that it is THEIR fault that they got muted and I cannot unmute them because they have made a mistake. Either way if they keep on spamming me I will get a higher staff to help me and sort him out. If not any staff does manage to get on I will ignore that player as he has made his mistake and all he is doing is disturbing me when I am just doing my job to mute that player because he has made the mistake. People who do this I do not really like as it really annoys me how when I do my job to mute a person that they don't deal with the fact that its my job, I either way don't care at all if the player is a well-known player or not. I will not ever when I am staff or when I am not let that stop me from doing my job to mute the player.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I tried to arrange a birthday party for my sister. Everything was supposed to be arranged by me, so I went out a bought the invitation cards, party favors, balloons, decorations, food, and a few gifts. I filled out the invitations early and put them in a box to store them until I was ready to send them. Time flew by fast between daily life with my kids and responsibilities, and before I knew it the day of the party was upon me. Quickly that morning I decorated and cooked and prepared everything. As the hour of the party came and went, no one showed up but the birthday girl, whom I had called personally. Later it occurred to me that I hadn’t sent out the invitations! That was why no one had come. I soon learned from that mistake to be more organized and manage my time better when planning events.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I'll start explaining my first experience. The time was when I was enjoying playing multiplayers in Minecraft and interacting each other. And by seeing other well-built and constructed server that I joined and play, I decided to make a server of myself for my friends in school to join, and other players to have fun in my server. As you realised, I was the overall owner of the server, which actually operated the server by using a Minecraft Bukkit (Well now Spigot is used more, but back then bukkit was the only way to open a Minecraft server). However, unlike other servers where owners usually just have a function to operate the server and take minor responsibility in the server (Mostly Admins and Moderators be in-game) but I also involved inside the gameplay of the server, because it was quite small which had a 50-player limit, for the clear and pleasant playing of the users without any lag happening because of overpopulation in the server. Not to be proud of myself applying for staff for this gigantic and beautiful server, I had finished my server having 35-players online as my record, which I thought was a quite good and high rate for a individual to come here by. For a better efficiency of the peace of the server, I collected many application for staff members, and I could learn a lot from them, and they could learn a lot from me too. And by all of server operating experience which went quite long, I could know the basic function of "how" a Minecraft server platform works, and how to operate it. (Such as Port-Fowarding, which is a basic step on opening a Minecraft server that I struggled when I started.) Plus, I can also handle with some building such as formulas in WorldEdit because I like building (Gives me comfort and satisfaction after I built something) and I have learned some trigger commands and basics from my friend, who is a professional at trigger program and works as a staff on a another server. Although by looking at my answer, you might think that my first experience was quite smooth and went well, but not really. There were lots of different difficulties to operate a server that has a 50-users in maximum. So, I was using a domain that I needed to pay about $20 per month, for comfortable operation of server with enough plugins, and the world set up. Of course, I thought before to ask people to donate and giving them special perks and ranks, but I think that doesn't really follow my principle and philosophy opening a server. But thanks to some people, I could prolong some months than the reset expected by some users donating their personal money through PayPal, even they knew that they aren't getting anything from it. One issue back then, was that my parents didn't really allow me to charge much money in my PayPal account, since they really didn't know what I was going to do with that money, and it was hard for myself to pay $20 a month or even more in a s sustain. As a farewell to the users, I informed the users that the server is closing before one-month, after all the money ran out coming from my own money and donations, and gave them a enough time to enjoy, by giving them perms such as /fly and other perms which usually are only for people who donated in other servers. We did a nice farewell party, and I sent some users Alt accounts and $3 of PayPal money. I still contact with some of the users that I played with back then. They sometimes wants me to play together. I have also been involved in a server named InLawMentMC what was a basically prisons/pvp server. So first I started off on this server before I started playing PvPWars, a long time ago there was this server that you had to try escape prisons and cops will catch the people who tried to escape. But in that moment I was playing that server, there was not really a lot of fun into the server as all day long you would see wall-hackers glitching through walls and everything and it most of all ruined the whole servers community. The server had an amount of about 100-200 players a day and that 100-200 players lowered to about 50-100. I was very disappointed as that was my favourite server at the time and it was so sad that the server was crashing and all. As of that there was only about 5 staff on the server website and there was only 1 active staff member who would be on for at least a hour everyday what was really disappointing. I stood up then to make my change, I went on the servers website and applied. About 1 week after me applying on the server happily I was accepted by the server owner. I had been working my hardest on that server banning and watching players and just that little thing that I did made a big change. I had learned moderation, commitment, patience and lots more from that server. Sadly 1 and a half years ago InLawmentMC had shutdown forever.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: Sport at school but that is only on a monday for an hour.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: First of all I would deal with the hacker. I would freeze them then I have sorted that. Then I would go onto the discord channel and kick that guy from the server, then I would get the JR-Mod to ban him. If no JR-Mod or higher gets on I will keep him frozen until further notice until he a higher staff has been on. If no higher staff gets on in about 30minutes of him being frozen I will start doing @everyone in the discord because it will be really disgusting if no staff comes on the help me. If no staff come on from me doing that, I will complain to an admin about how no staff has came on, but while he is frozen I will SS him to make sure that the person is really hacking otherwise that would lead to me making a false ban on a player who was not hacking and that would make people on the server dislike me and I do not want to have people hating me on the server.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would say: Everyone makes mistakes and here I have made one. I will speak to a Mod and get your friend unmuted/unbanned I am sorry for making that mistake. If they do not understand me I will mute the 4 players who are spamming me for spam. If mute does not stop them I will constantly tell them to please stop as I am working my hardest to get him unbanned/unmuted. After 20minutes I will be a person and go to the person and give him something like a little gift since I would be really sorry that I would be taking way too long on getting him unmuted/unbanned. I will also then after I have done that unmute the 4 players and tell them once again that I am so sorry for me taking so long to get your friend unmuted/unbanned I will try my best to not make that happen again and I will just try my best to sort things out with everyone.

11) Anything else we should know?: Yes,
    Why should you accept me?

I want to apply on UniverseMC because I have been playing the server for a while and I have come to actually really enjoy the community as well as the server itself, it has a lot of great features and a lot of unique ones. However I feel that sometimes there is not enough active staff members online to deal with rule breakers and other server related issues. Although I'm on the SAST timezone, I am on almost 3 hours everyday and some of those hours I am online I see that there are no staff members online to answer questions and mute people who are constantly spamming chat. I would love to be able to help out UniverseMC in that way to keep those people out of the server. I want to make the server a better place and I believe that I can do that with a lot of the suggestions and ideas I have for the server to increase the slowly decreasing playerbase. The community would benefit from me being staff because I pvp constantly on the server, and one of the most annoying things while playing can be when you are being killed by a hacker, especially a blatant one, and there's just nothing you can do about it especially if you're not recording at the time. As staff I would record every fight and consult with other staff members to see if it is worth ssing for or not. I want the pvp aspect of the server to be cleaner as well as the chat side.
    I am familiar with the community of UniverseMC and I am friendly with the staff and am always here to help the staff come up with new ideas, additions, and decisions that need to be made. I am willing to take a look at videos and proof of bans for my opinion.I will try hard to help others and bring joy to the community, and overall help the community grow bigger and better.
    I know what hacks people forget to leave on like for example auto-armour so I can test that on most. I've looked over countless amounts of videos of hackers from the staff chats and such and I can say I have learned what is hacks and what isn't. I have experience with screen sharing on join . me and am able to make sure I cover every possible track of hacks being used at that moment.

#1 RevolutionYT, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. Alfas

Alfas Member

Pros:

Good detailing on those scenario questions!
    Added another question on Q)11
    Does have lots of experience

There is nothing else to add to you're application, I think you did a really good job on really explaining those scenario questions, I believe you would be a good fit to the staff team. Feel free to read my application and give me some suggestions if you can.

best of luck!

3. SourPatchSkidz

Good application, not really anything I can say except add a color scheme. Other than that very good and best of luck!

4. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

Thank you.

5. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

T
    thank you

6. 9HD

9HD Member

not bothering reading it but have missed you +1

7. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

Thank you. missed you too

8. Razvygames27

Razvygames27 Member

There is a reason that it says 'incorrect punishment'. It means that people think you've made an incorrect punishment but it might not be incorrect at all. So What if it was correct what would you do?

9. UserNumberJuan

Interview - Hello, RevolutionYT
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

10. UserNumberJuan

Accepted - Hello, RevolutionYT
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

11. KazGames

KazGames Small YouTuber

Congratulations! :)

12. 9HD

9HD Member

Congratulations

13. RevolutionYT

RevolutionYT Member

Thank you so much!

14. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

15. RevolutionYT