Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Redhawksteve810’s Staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Redhawksteve810, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redhawksteve810

• Minecraft Username: Redhawksteve810

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): N/A

• What's your timezone?: I live in Pennsylvania which is along the east coast of the USA. I go by Eastern Standard Time more commonly known as EST.

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: Yes I have a good quality mic and use discord. My username and number tag is Redhawksteve810#3436

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I have a recording service, however, I rarely use it but I can activate it quickly if the time or need presents.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: No, I do not own any donator ranks on this server.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am the most active on the Jupiter realm, but I can hop onto whichever server that requires a staff members assistance.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: That depends on weekdays I can spend 2-4 hours a day and on weekends I can spend 5-7 hours if I do not have any other thing happening.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): No, I do not have any hacks and try to contribute as much as I can to the community.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: This situation is obviously not going to just ease down easily. I will start by explaining why they are muted and what they have done and how that breaks the rules of the server. I'm assuming at this point a lot of their friends or fans will have began grouping up on me trying to pressure me into unmuting the player. I would start threatening additional punishments for attempting to argue with the staff member over and over again. I would try to message or find a way to chat with them privately to not release any bad or private information that would escalate the situation. Now it is possible that I may have a made mistake although even if I have I would tell the player to report me or submit a report for an unfair ban. I would also state that arguing with the staff could result in a longer or more severe punishment and if this situation continues to occur I would begin muting players who are continuing to bring it up and let another staff member deal with it if posspible to exclude all biased sides. If it rises to a point where the players are being solid as stone or just too many players talking about the situation I would mute chat if possible and explain everything to a boiling point to at least stop this wildfire from growing.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: If I am staying on topics related to the server then I have once accused a player of creating. I being a human being sometimes let emotions control their body. I constantly accused them of creating. After I calmed down I realize maybe my anger of dying to him twice fueled this anger. I have since been trying to control my emotions and have not had any incidences up to date.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I do not have previous moderation experience. I feel as though I can still be a strong asset to the team, community, and server. I know quite a bot about the server so I could help new players. I am also a good lie detector, and could diffuse any fights/arguments. I am a very chill person that still likes to get things done. In mine and others opinions, I am easy to talk to and a nice, funny guy. I am always on alert as well if it be in-game or real life. I am trying to keep this application as real and honest as possible, so I am saying now that I will make some mistakes while learning. Other applications might say they will never mess up or they are amazing and will stop any hacker. I also say with 100% certainty that I will do my best to maintain the server and its peace. I believe this quality will help me to become better and better till I become a good well known staff member. I do have some real life leadership experience as I was in charge of hosting a 5k and a food drive for a fun extracurricular activity.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I play in chess tournaments out of my gaming and school life. I am a pretty good player winning some awards at state tournaments. I also like to go biking around my community and other places.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:My first focus is to make sure everyone knows I have read their messages, this will help with spam and constant messaging.This will also let them know I care about them and their experience and will do my best to help their issue or concern.This means I will message them "Hey I have seen your message and am currently helping another player, I will be able to help any issue you have right after I help this person." The next step would be to message the person who is getting disturbed or annoyed by someone blasting music within their channel to get the other person to mute their mic or get some evidence as that is very easy to prove. Those two players struggling with the hackers are different, however. I will ask them both to record, or I will contact another staff member to hop on to help diffuse the situation. If I have a recording or any proof of their hacs I will send that to the other staff member.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I will tell them to make a support ticket. I will also inform them that if they keep on spamming me and wasting my time I will have to punish them according to what they are doing. I will also see if I can talk to them in discord to try to diffuse the situation. If the situation is really severe I will contact another staffmember to remove any biased choices.
    11) Anything else we should know?: I think I have summarized everything that needs to be said within my application except for my patience. I feel that my patience is amazing and is purely based on real situations. Emotions can control someones actions however so I will try to combat that but I have refreshed my mind and worked to controlling my own actions. At the same time if someone starts breaking the rules they will be dealt with until myself and others can evaluate the situation as there are a number of variables that may affect the punishment which is the crazy part. I hope you consider my application and I thank you for spending your time to read my application. Thank you and have a good day or night

2. RichIceBreaker

RichIceBreaker Network Helper
    Helper

Not to bad need a little work. Best of Luck

3. 3Cents

3Cents Staff

Hey Redhawk,

Try and become globally active in all platforms.
    Add a color scheme as it makes your application look better presented.
    Other than that, I think this is spaced out nicely, good answer choices.

Good Luck

3cent

4. mr2f0

mr2f0 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hey there! Overall your application was good and thought out however, I have a few recommendations that can make it even better.

First, I suggest that you add a color scheme, or a bit of spacing and bolding if you are not a fan of color. This will make it much less cluttered looking and overall easier to read, especially in the long paragraph answers.

Second, I highly highly recommend that you increase your activity. Not just on Jupiter, but across the entire network. I haven't seen you all that much on Jupiter myself (Though could be timeszones as I am PST), but being active and chatting/helping on other realms, discord, and the forums will greatly help your odds during the application process.

Finally, I would suggest adding a bit more detail to the following questions: (Your schedule, hobbies and mistakes, and past experience). A more detailed schedule is not necessary but is useful to see a breakdown on your server activity during the week. Adding more detail and explanation to your hobbies and past mistakes will help the management team "Connect" a bit more with you, and conclude if you would make a good member of the staff team. Finally, even though you put you do not have past experience, try to see if you can talk about any real life experience. Maybe a sport of school. Any kind of leadership looks really good!

Besides that I enjoyed your application, and I hope these suggestions can help you out a bit.
    Best of luck!​

5. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Redhawksteve810,
    You should probably read the application rules and guidelines before applying.

6. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello! I regret to inform you that your application has been Denied.

The reason(s) for the deny are the following:

-Lack in Global Activity

Thank you for applying for UniverseMC, you may re-apply in 1 week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.