Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted QuantumHawk_'s staff application V2

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by QuantumHawk, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuantumHawk

QuantumHawk Network Helper
    Helper

1) Simple Information
    • Minecraft Username: QuantumHawk_
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): TheBroGamingYT, OGRECOENGaming, OGRECOEN (https://namemc.com/profile/QuantumHawk_.1)
    • What's your timezone?: QLD (GMT+10)
    • Are you staff on any other servers?: No.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: QuantumHawk_#8562
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: I do indeed, I use OBS to record.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: I do not.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I try to be mostly active on all gamemodes on UniverseMC, if there is one area I'm most active on is Jupiter realm.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday - School (AM) - 4-6 hours.

Tuesday - School (AM) - 4-6 hours.

Wednesday - School (AM) 4-6 hours.

Thursday - School (AM) 4-6 hours.

Friday - School (AM) 9-10 hours.

Saturday – (AM-PM) All Day: Considering I don’t go anywhere.

Sunday – (AM-PM) All Day: Considering I don’t go anywhere.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): I have been banned multiple times on the Universe server, I cannot remember all of my bans, but I know majority of them are because of being demoted, and/or me resigning from a staff position (being banned for security reasons). I regret resigning every single time I did, in which at least a month later I would just want to come back again and it just happened time and time again. I love Universe it's the first server I ever enjoyed playing on Minecraft, the first server I really enjoyed being apart of the community in. I know, if I become staff again that things will be different and unless something seriously happens in my life, I wont be resigning.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would simply message them in-game telling them it was a correct punishment, if they continue to spam me I will punish the player within further action to spamming a staff member, and punish according to the guidelines.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    At one point in my staffing career I remember taking upon two projects, the projects were helping two separate owners setup a server for their upcoming releases. At this point, the dates were far from each other, me thinking I can easily take upon both projects. Later, one of the owners got confident in his server being ready, so the deadlines changed for both servers, in which I couldn't meet the deadlines for both server owners anymore. I admitted my mistake to both owners, in which I had a decision to make, just take upon one server and work on the other later on. One of the owners liked my work, so he delayed his release time, so I could work on his after my other project, I now only take upon one project at a time, making it more beneficial for me and the owners.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

Background information

I have a lot of experience when it comes to servers and staff, I have been a lot of ranks, these ranks consist of: TrailHelper, Helper, Mod, SrMod, Admin, Head-Admin, and Owner. I have been staff on three 1000+ playerbase servers such as; PrimeMC, PvPWars and Savage Games AKA Skybounds. I have been staff on many 200+ playerbase servers and have enjoyed every experience so far. I take my staffing seriously, especially when it comes to high-playerbased servers. I understand the massive pressure helpers get on <Server Name>, in which sometimes can cause them to resign within the first week. I have a pretty good understanding on how much pressure helpers get due to the fact I occasionally watch Linehead. In which I can prepare myself, combining all experiences together I feel as though I would cope well under pressure in the <Server Name> community.

My Experience on PrimeMC

Being a staff member on PrimeMC was fun, and at the time I was staff, it was pretty big playerbase. Many things have changed from this day, but I still log on occasionally just to have a chat with the community. At the time I was helper, I was assigned to a skyblock server called 'SkyBlock Air.' Skyblock air was a dutch only server, as I never fluently knew how to speak dutch, I was open to learning. I took lessons and watched YouTube videos on how to get better at speaking the language. After a while, I got pretty fluent in it and I could finally understand the players, which made me the only staff member on the team that could speak dutch well, in which I interacted with the community well.

My Experience on PVPWars

I have only recently resigned from PVPWars, this due to the staff team getting corrupt. Besides that, my staffing experience itself on PVPWars has definitely got to be the best out there, I have been and gone from PVPWars many times and it changes so much every time I come back from leaving, in a good way. I love everything about the community and staffing team, a very respectful bunch.

My Experience on SavageGames

Savage Games was quite a different experience for me, SavageGames is quite unique compared to other servers and at first, I wasn't necessarily warming up to how different it was. My friend used to play on it all the time, so he got me into it, giving me tips on how to get pretty good, as I learned more and more I really started to get into it. After time passed, I decided to apply, successfully got an answer within the next 3 days and got accepted. I really enjoyed this experience and enjoyed the different interaction with the community.

Leadership experience (Outside of Minecraft)

I have been Student leader twice in my schools. When I was in primary school, you needed to complete a booklet proving to each staff you deserve a signature from them, after months passed I finally got all signatures and got student leader. I'm currently the student leader in year 11, going up on parade every Friday and doing the notices. I feel as though this really improves my staffing with communication, in which I feel my communication has improved dramatically from previous years.

Here is proof of all my staffing experiences: https://imgur.com/a/bc9T9DM

Other work (Sales representative) - Involving Minecraft

I have decided to add this in, simply because It plays quite a big role with my personal traits, which are; Teamwork, courage and honesty. In my third year of playing Minecraft I decided to give it a little break and try something different. So, I went on to mc-market and looked for people that were requesting sales representatives, some weren't easy, but I got quite a lot of experiences out of it. I wasn't there to make money, I was there to assist people for what they wanted to purchase and do it to the best knowledge I had at that point. Regarding my traits, sales representatives needed to work as a team and make sure the commission gets completed in the end, making sure the customer is completely happy. At the time of changing, I really enjoyed being a sales representative as it was quite different, as the more I learnt, the more courage I got, and the more effort I put in. I learnt quite a lot from this unique and different experience and I’m glad I did it for the short few months I did do it.

Sales representative experiences: https://imgur.com/a/U5crQi5
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I mainly only play tennis, I used to play soccer and table tennis, but I decided what I liked best and to go full time into my favourite sport out of the two, in which is tennis. I have my tennis lessons on Tuesday, Competitive tennis on Friday, and occasional fun little games with my family on the weekends. I have recently started Jiu-jitsu as well and will be learning how to defend myself and work up the belts to the best of my ability, this sport is one I have been wanting to do for a while.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: I've had this scenario like this happen to me before, I would tell the person in TeamSpeak to wait, telling them that I'm handling a hacker situation. I would then message both players in-game that I’m getting a moderator to watch the cheater. After dealing with this, I would then ask the TeamSpeak user if the problem is still occurring. If so, I would go on to handle that situation.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would talk to a higher staff member that is online at the time and let them know the situation to know I've made the correct punishment, after getting a second opinion I will then tell the players it was a correct punishment and link them to the rules depending on the rule they broke.
    11) Anything else we should know?: N/A

#1 QuantumHawk, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  2. Dodgedblocks

Dodgedblocks Network Helper
    Helper

Nice to see you back!

Some suggestions for your application

Add more detail
    Some of the questions and answers are the same color
    Be more active as I have not seen you online in a while.

Good luck!
    Dodgedblocks

3. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @QuantumHawk Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Fix the layout as your color scheme seems misplaced, and your application seems slightly rushed.
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platoforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

4. QuantumHawk

Helper

May be timezones but I personally think I have been quite active. I appreciate the tips.
    Will do, thanks.

5. Acceptation

You've got my support.

Pros​

• Hella good staff member from before.
    • Has a bunch of staff experiences which means he knows how to handle all types of situations and issues.
    • Well known in the community, would be nice to see this server gain some OG's back.
    Cons
    • I haven't really seen you in-game, although I've seen you on discord.
    P.s. Are you 14 years of age or 16? Your profile says 16 but the application says 14?
    Best of luck.

6. YunusEmre

YunusEmre Member

I know you have good leadership or managing experiences from before, so i dont understand why you are applying as a helper lmao. good luck ;)

7. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Interview - Hello, QuantumHawk
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to put your app to Interview stage.

Please PM me on the forums or on discord (DiscordUserNumberJuan#6437) to schedule your interview.

-UserNumberJuan

8. QuantumHawk

Helper

I appreciate your support heaps <3
    I'm giving others a fair chance, I've been gone too long to come back straight as admin or something like it still appreciate the reply nonetheless.

9. YunusEmre

YunusEmre Member

Best of lucky buddy

10. Archie

Archie Professional Mineman

Best of luck @QuantumHawk, You're a great staff member!

Glowing Regards,
    ~ Archie

11. QuantumHawk

Helper

Thank you guys! <3

12. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

Accepted - Hello, QuantumHawk_
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to accept your application congrats.

13. 9HD

9HD Member

Application v1000*

14. QuantumHawk

Helper

Bahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.