Join other players on play.universemc.us

Prodigay's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Prodigy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

KEY:

RED = SECTION
    PURPLE = QUESTION
    WHITE = ANSWER

1)
    Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:

Prodigay

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

Coazt / Prodigyyyy

• What's your timezone?:

PST

I am 15 years old
    • Are you staff on any other servers?:

I currently do not staff on any other servers

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

I do have access to discord and my discord name is ( Prodigay#5547)

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

I do have the ability to record videos

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

I do not, I was about to before I applied for this position

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I am most active on the Mars Realm

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I can contribute about 4-5 hours per day dependant on my schedule with Football and school coming very soon

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I have not been banned or had any punishment on any of the realms of UniverseMC.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I will try to ignore them the best of my ability and clarify the reason of which I muted them for with proof of reasoning, I will then politely ask them to stop and if they continue I will have to sadly block them on discord as that is not something I should have to deal with after repeated warnings to stop.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One mistake I have made this last year was incorrectly responding to a ticket, I dealt with it by responding to more tickets to ensure I have the best answer possible to any ticket that comes my way, I learned to put more effort and time into my tickets because quality comes over quantity, making sure I have in-depth answers that are worth more than most, is better than solving more tickets that get nothing solved.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I do have previous moderation experience, my most recent experience has been on these servers: BlizzardMC, StellarPvP, WarFareMC, TakaiNetwork, and PvPStrike. I worked on those servers as Mod+, I have some developing experience (configuration) where I basically dealt with managing the plugins and configuring them to most benefit our server, I also worked as a Community Manager on Takai & WarFare, I dealt with incoming tickets from players and staff that have some questions about their duties and actions needed to be taken. I also dealt with coming up with events for the developers to find a way to implement into the game, I hosted those events to the best of my ability. I also worked as a Moderator on all the other servers I have stated where I dealt with ban reports, tickets, appeals, mutes, bans, etc. I have learned there that I need to find a way to enforce the rules while still maintaining a fun relationship with the community.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

I play football, that is about the only hobby I have outside of playing Minecraft

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would answer the question that was first asked, I will then direct message the other players to give me a minute as I am busy and I will get back to them as soon as possible, I will then respond as quickly but in-depth as possible to ensure that they do not have any more questions about anything on UniverseMC, I will pay attention to chat for their response and make sure they have no other questions and plead them a good day.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

If I made an incorrect punishment I would own up to my mistake as I am still needing to learn the punishments linked to this server, and I would do my best to reverse the punishment and give the correct punishment and sincerely apologize and confirm it will not happen again, then if anyone asks I will confirm it has been fixed and that the situation is solved.

11) Anything else we should know?:

[​IMG]

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

If we could speak about the position I am applying for as I have spoken to the owner very recently about the position being open, I would like to apply for higher than helper.

3. JaxonD

JaxonD Member

+ Rep
    Prodigy is a very funny and respectful person. He can joke around but when it comes to business he's there 100%. Great person for a staff position.
    Further contact for more information: Blood999#6755

4. W60

W60 Member

Hello prodigy! When reviewing your application I feel as if you need,
    - More Detail
    - You need just a tiny bit more effort

Quick tip:
    If you are trying to get accepted try to put your heart onto the application. Its like applying for a job. Be all out honest, and say as much as possible about yourself. Other than that you have a good chance my friend! Good luck!

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

I believe I put enough evidence in other places of the application, I didn't put anything in the last question as I feel I have stated anything that was needed to be known about me earlier in my application, I also summed most of it up because I posted my resume (png) at the end of my application. But I appreciate the tips.

6. W60

W60 Member

No problem

7. Ethan

Ethan British=Life

I belive you need to space more stuff out and add a tad more details.

Good luck

8. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Would try to add more detail to the scenario questions and the question on experience, as you don't meet the 200+ word requirement.

Best of Luck.

- Penguin

9. Kiira

Kiira Member

Skimmed to your experiences since your arrogance caught my eye.

Before I break down why I used the word "
    arrogance", I would like to say that all staff here worked hard for their rank and earned it so it is rude to so confidently ask to skip the ranks.

There is a difference between
    confidence and arrogance and you hit gold on arrogance my friend. I took it upon myself to research your experiences (I have no life), and all your experiences have 30 players and if not are dead. Yes, you have experience but not enough to skip over helper...

Don't be arrogant, apply for helper.

10. Sorin

Sorin Member

-1 like Kiira said to arrogant tbh

11. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Agree with these statements completely, everyone on the team has worked hard to earn their position as Helper. Under very "special" circumstances would anyone be brought onto the team higher than the Helper rank and with such undeniable arrogance you just simply do not meet those "special" circumstances. Work hard to become Helper, and then work even harder to get promoted that is just what being a staff member is keep that in mind.

Glowing Regards,

- PenguinNerd