Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Penings staff application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Randomuser, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:19 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    Penings

• Previous Minecraft Usernames:
    waaaat, whatsacombo, Berdey, xAggressionx, TzR_Andy, NA_PL, DriftKingAndy, DestroyedYouEZ, TwistedTempos, Akatsuki_Zed

• Timezone:
    Eastern Standard Time

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?
    I have access to discord and have a working blue yeti.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
    I have the ability to record Minecraft videos via GeForce Experience and or StreamLabs

• Are you Star (Or Above)
    Yes, I am galactic on Jupiter and Titan on mars

• What is your full discord name?
    My full discord name is Andy_#8473

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?

I am currently most active on the Jupiter planet, I will probably be most active on mars when it comes out.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?

Currently, on the weekdays I can contribute up to 3-5 hours and on weekends I can be on for 6 hours or more.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?

I have been banned on this server before by RushC because I was allegedly banned because of ban evading which was not true due to the fact that my other account was hacked.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?

I would tell them to buy an unmute or ask them for evidence of why they should be unmuted.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

Last month during class, I have said things that were not appropriate during the time, I have acted stubborn before because at the time I did not think of the other sides story. Since then, I personally believe that I have grown as a person and have improved my skills inside and out to hear other stories before assuming something that would benefit me or my friends.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words)

No; because I have not met the age requirements for the servers. I believe on a smaller server like this I can build up the experience for the future. On this server I believe that I will try to my very best be the best possible helper and role model at the same time to ensure the satisfaction of the players and help them in times when they need help and or dealing with people who are playing against people have things such as cheats or clients on that give them an unfair advantage. Due to the amount of time I am on the computer each day I can go in and around the planets and help people for long periods of time because of my activity, while on I personally believe I can gain lots of experience from this server that will benefit both this server and others in the future. I hope that the community offers the chance for me to help them out and prove my worthiness to them and inspire others to want to improve and benefit this server in the future because of the actions I have done in the past and the present. Thank you

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?

Sometimes after school, I would like to play basketball or badminton with my friends.

9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on Teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?

Personally, I live by a rule that if something is going to take the least amount of time to do that first. First, I would go to the Teamspeak and mute the player blasting the music for the time being. Next, I would most likely spectate the players calling out for hacking and watch the battle while answering some questions and repeat this with the other player, I find that thinking about the answer to the question while simultaneously watching the hacker won't be too hard.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?

For a situation like this, first I would bring up the rule page and try to justify my actions by explaining what rules they broke and how they broke it, if I find that I was in the wrong, I would admit guilt, own up my actions and unban the player.

11) Anything else we should know? I do sometimes stream on Youtube My Link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLmUxtevIpCvCqR7bIFIfWg?view_as=subscriber

#1 Randomuser, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:19 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 8:40 PM
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Penguino
    Junior Mod

Hello, @Randomuser Here are some suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Space out your questions and responses as your application is a bit unorganized
    - Add more detail to your responses
    - Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. 16LettersUserIGN

16LettersUserIGN Demoted Staff Member

I agree with PenguinNerd. I just have one other suggestion.
    • You are showing signs of inmaturity (by placing emojis down)
    Best of Luck!

4. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Helper

Hello!
    I suggest adding more detail. If stuck, then go into detail on every small action you would do (in scenarios).
    I also would suggest finding a color contrast between your responses and questions, bolding or italicizing the questions, and spacing them out from your responses.
    Of course try to be active on our multiple media outlets.

Best of luck!

5. Tank

Tank Self-Appointed Staff Application Critic
    Helper

It's a typo. It should look like this:

Minecraft Username: Penings

6. Conceptors

Conceptors Member

PROS: Exceeds age requirements, decently active, and question 7 is over 200 words
    CONS: Not globally active
    SUGGESTIONS: Become more globally active, maybe a little more detail / effort, and maybe if you can become a bit more active
    Summary: Overall a pretty good application, I think you have if you use my and penguin's suggestions you could get accepts, good luck!

7. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I am really active, I'm wJorray but my account got hacked so I got my stuff transfered.

8. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Resigned Staff member

-Spread your questions out
    -add a bit more detail
    -be a bit more mature

Im pretty sure universemc doesnt support transfers...

Attached Files:

9. Khizao

Khizao Member

Add more Details
    Become active Discord/Forums/In game/Twitter ect

Good luck!

10. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Emojis are not immature penguin so shut up

11. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Who are you by the way?

12. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

13. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Did you go on a break or something because I never saw you last season or the season before.

14. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I played tons a lot back then.

15. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I still do, If you come on right now, I will be on.

16. Acceptation

Acceptation Restricted
    Banned Muted Member

Won't be needed. I base players activity based on days not just seeing them once in game, I also quit uni so that won't happen. What season did you play back then?

17. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I have played season 4-9 1/2 then I came back this season

18. Pidgeon

Pidgeon Member

Penings gl getting staff

19. Randomuser

Randomuser Member

I
    was flying around and got stuck in air because chunk didnt load in and I couldn’t do anything

20. Iza

Iza Network Admin
    Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Banned for bug abuse

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.