Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Penetratinq's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by PENETRATINQ, Apr 21, 2019.

1. PENETRATINQ

PENETRATINQ Member

1)Simple Information

✧ Minecraft Username:

-PENETRATINQ

✧ Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

-https://namemc.com/profile/PENETRATINQ.10

✧ What's your timezone?:

Eastern Standard Time (EST)

✧ Age:

-16 years old

✧ Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

-Yes, I have a microphone and access to discord.
    -Penetratinq#9790

✧ Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

-Yes, I can use OBS to record

✧ Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

-I have Apollo rank on the Mars Dimension.

2)Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I'm active on Mars and on Jupiter dimension. Those are the dimensions I play the most on.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday - 4:00pm - 8:30pm (4 ½ hours)
    Tuesday - 4:00pm - 8:30pm (4 ½ hours)
    Wednesday - 4:00pm - 8:30pm (4 ½ hours)
    Thursday - 4:00pm - 8:30pm (4 ½ hours)
    Friday - 3:30pm - 9:30pm (6 hours)
    Saturday - 8:00am - 2:00pm and 4:00pm - 7:00pm (8 hours)
    Sunday - 8:00am - 2:00pm and 4:00pm - 7:00pm (8 hours)

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

•I have only been banned on two servers and punished on the same servers.
    -One server I was banned on was one that is known as the Arkham Network. I was banned for exploiting a bug because I had ended-pearled back into spawn during pvp. It was something everyone had done when they ran and needed to escape and I was banned.
    -Another server I was banned on was the UniverseMC Mars Dimension. I was banned for trying out a new economic bug and had sat in the spot for hours gaining money. At the time many factions were doing it and gaining money but no one was caught and only some were banned. Since everyone was doing it the faction I was in was not disbanded and I was only banned

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

The first thing I'd do would be to tell them that if the punishment that I afflicted on them was unjust, they should make an appeal on the website, or create or join a support ticket or room. If I cannot reason with them, I'd take myself and the evidence to a higher ranked staff member. I would show them the evidence (I would keep proof of punishments after every ban/mute) and maybe get some help from them. If they did end up making an appeal, I would show another staff the evidence, and hopefully, they'd get the appeal denied (assuming that the mute was just). I'd like to think that I'm fairly unbiased when it comes to decision making of this caliber, so that if he's well-known, or even if he's in the same faction as me doesn't change/alter my decision in the slightest.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

One mistake I’ve made in the last month occurred in real life and at school. This mistake occurred while I was playing a pick up basketball game.The game was getting intense and the points were close along with the gym period about to end. I had shot a layup and missed with my friend rebounding it and making it. One person from the opposing team fouled my friend and they had started pushing each other. As my friend was pushed he threw a punch at the opponent and I had stepped in to grab my friend and walk away. While doing this I was slapped by the same person and I responded by throwing two punches and bruising the persons nose. This was a mistake made by me because even if I had separated a fight I had responded negatively and wrongly by doing the same exact thing my friend did and acting in a hypocritical manner. I learned from this that no matter how intense anything gets you must stay calm and respond peacefully.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I have experience on owning a server. In early 2016 I had started my own Minecraft server with one of my IRL friends. His mom had PayPal and we used it to start up the server. After weeks of advertising we had hit around 40 players but could no longer run the server since we had no money to host it. The weeks that the server was up I had learned a lot about owning servers and administering a server. I learned a lot about plugins,commands, and punishments etc. Along with this I learned a lot about bugs and how they come up when you are developing or releasing a server. At that time I also learned that you meet many people online and you will receive negative and positive opinions from them and to not take anything personal.
    -I have also been staff on many servers such as the ArkhamNetwork or KoonKraft. I was recently a Sr.Mod on the Arkham network until I resigned because I wasn’t able to keep up with my work load at school and stay on to administer the chat and such. While staff on Arkham I learned a lot about banning,muting and such. The commands used because natural to me and I was giving quick responses along with quick punishments in chat as I had gotten use to everything.I was also use to the hate given to staff because they punish. At one point I was doxed and seconds away from being swatted because I was on the staff team which was also why I resigned in my earliest days of staff before I returned.
    -I was also staff on a server called KoonKraft around 3 years ago. This was a factions server that had around 100 players at its peak and the server had many staff members. The server would accept any application which led to abusive players applying and getting accepted. I had worked my way up from helper to admin until one day the admins abused the server and I had resigned when I saw everything happen. On KoonKraft I didn’t use many commands besides muting and banning people. Not much happened on the server and I rarely muted or banned someone.
    -I also have leadership experience as I was the captain of my JV(Junior Varsity) soccer team around 7 months ago. I was playing with kids older then me and proved that I used IQ and skills on the soccer field. As the coach of my team saw this he promoted me to the captain. I gained skills as I made mistakes and learned with them. As I led the team to the championships and won many things were learned about sportsmanship and controlling a roster or group.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

My main hobbies are basketball and working out at the gym. I go to the gym after school every day to put in work. When it’s basketball season I play basketball everyday and condition my body for it by running and working out each muscle of the body such as the legs and arms. I also cook and know how to as I’ve taken cooking classes at school and have earned the name “Chef Pene” in my faction. Along with these activities I also swim when it’s summer and I am on the swimming team as well. I had previously swam and will start swimming next year again.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

I would teleport to the 2 players asking to deal with the he hacker and record any footage of hacking and such. If the hacks appear blatant I would have footage of them and proceed to ban the hacker.If the hacks are not blatant and the person is closet-cheating then I would ask a higher staff member to screen share the person and have the higher staff member take care of the hacker if the he or she is not blatant and needs to be screen shared. As I wait for higher staff to reply or if the hacker was already banned and that was dealt with I would continue by joining the discord room to see what’s playing and if music is being blasted then I would mute the music bot and clear the playlist to then ban/kick the person playing the ear rape or blasted music.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would message the player who the false punishment was made towards. I would also ignore the 4 players arguing and spamming as they cause tension to the situation and make it even more chaotic. I would message the player and ask him/her to make a ticket or appeal on the website. Along with this I would ask a higher staff member to look at the evidence and vouch that the punishment was false. If the punishment was falsely made I would continue by apologizing to the player that it was made towards and learn from my mistake made.

11) Anything else we should know?:

I would like to thank the staff and players reading this for taking the time out of their day to read my staff application.

#1 PENETRATINQ, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. YunusEmre

YunusEmre Member

suggestion
    start putting space after ". and ,"

3. LoonieTitan_

LoonieTitan_ Member

I fully agree with this, you are also toxic in-game so I would suggest improving that a bit, all in all, it looks like a good application. Just fix up what YunusEmre said and improve behavior in-game.

~PrintCac
    Good luck!

4. PENETRATINQ

PENETRATINQ Member

T
    Thanks for the advice Yunus!

5. PENETRATINQ

PENETRATINQ Member

Yeah, I’ve toned the toxicity down.Factions gets toxic as that’s just how the gamemode is but I’ve toned it down and I am not toxic at all anymore. Thanks for the advice!

#5 PENETRATINQ, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. xScottyy

xScottyy Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Good Job Man. Hope to see you on the team!

PENETRATINQ likes this.
  7. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Sr. Staff / Weeb / Nerd
    Senior Mod

Hello, @PENETRATINQ Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:
    - Fix a few Grammatical Errors througout your application (Mis-spelled words, incomplete sentences, run-on sentences etc.)
    - Become more Globally Active and well-known in the community (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Become more mature and proffessional, as I've recently and in the past I've seen toxicity displayed from your behavior

8. PENETRATINQ

PENETRATINQ Member

Thank
    Thank you Scotty!

9. PENETRATINQ

PENETRATINQ Member

Yes I’ll be fixing the grammatical errors and my behavior in the community.Ill continue to try being more globally active. Thanks for the advice!

10. pxlize

pxlize UMC Staff
    Junior Mod

Hello @PENETRATINQ, I've come up with some suggestions that might help out your thread.

Make Your NameMC link clickable.

You've made your forums account an hour ago. - Try to become more active on this platform.

Overall, +1 due to the fact that your application is fairly well written. Please do not triple post when responding to this criticism and maybe consider changing your color scheme, as it is exactly the same as @PenguinNerd's.
    Good Luck,

~

11. SourPatchSkidz

Agreed

12. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff
    Junior Mod

Suggestions
    Become globally active
    Become more well-known in the community

Goodluck.

13. mebigjamie

mebigjamie Pending
    Junior Mod

Hello @PENETRATINQ after reviewing your application i've decided upon some things that could possibly help with your application,
    • Fixing minor grammatical errors
    • Increase activity on all platforms, social and in-game
    • Tone down the toxicity
    Otherwise everything else seems fine!
    ~mebigjamie

14. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Member

Pending - Congratulations, you have made it through to the next stage. In this stage we will be reviewing you on your activity in-game and on our social media sites.
    Be sure to stay as active as possible and we will review your app again within the next 3-5 days.

I will be denying this app if I do not see a build up of activity on all platforms especially forums. Also a boost in maturity for the last stretch to prove yourself.

Thanks.

PENETRATINQ likes this.
  15. Acceptation

Helper

Best of luck

PENETRATINQ likes this.
  16. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Member

Interview - Hello! After reviewing your application throughout the past few days we have decided to interview you, please contact an admin via discord regarding this.

It is your responsibility to PM an admin like myself regarding this.

Edit by Tankharris:
    make sure to contact a relevant staff member on the team at the moment about this, not Robotic.
    Thanks.

Good luck.

Thanks.

17. ItsKingOG

ItsKingOG Member

Y do all staff say become more globally active??

18. UserNumberJuan

UserNumberJuan Network Manager
    Manager

DENIED - Hello, PENETRATINQ
    Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your app you may reapply in
    2 weeks.

Sorry about this but you recent reports has led us to move this to denied.

-UserNumberJuan