Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied PastellaYT's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by PastellaYT, Dec 7, 2018.

1. PastellaYT

PastellaYT Member

• Minecraft Username: PastellaYT
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames: Trisomy21, MrGraths
    • Timezone: Central Standard Time
    • Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a working microphone?: Yes
    • Do you have the ability to record minecraft videos?: Yes
    • Are you Star (Or Above): Yes, I am currently Star on Jupiter and Titan on Mars

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server? I currently play mars.
    3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role? Around 5-8 Hours a day.
    4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details. Yes, about 3-4 years ago when I played Minecraft. I don't remember the server but I believe I x-rayed and free camed therefore I was banned. Since coming back to Minecraft around a month ago I haven't hacked since so no punishments as of recent.
    5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do? Try to de-escalate the situation but I would start informing them on the length of mute and that they can appeal on the forums. If the spamming/ arguing continues I would threaten further punishment. If none of these help the situation I would contact upper staff for assistance on what they believe I should do.
    6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last month? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I believe the only mistakes I've made were being slightly toxic in chat/discord. I don't believe I said anything extremely bad but I never thought I would go for staff. Therefore, I never took what I said seriously or truly understood the impact. I've learned that I actually want to try and become staff because I am a player just like the rest of the server. I enjoy the server and believe I can help the server and the players enjoy their experience while playing universe. I will start becoming more active on other servers on universe and moderate what I say in chat because I official know the impact of what I say. I hope you and players can forgive me for any flame or toxicity I have expressed and will prove to you that isn't the real me.
    7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? (Minimum 200+ words) No, actually I do not. I feel as if I've never been responsible enough to be staff on any server. Now that I am 19 and believe I matured tremendously I am ready to take on the task. I believe it will be fun to actually help players in-game and I think they would enjoy seeing an active staff member playing alongside them. I would really appreciate if you gave me the opportunity to prove myself not only to you but to myself as well.
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ? I currently play a number of computer games such as League of Legends, Counter Strike Global Offensive, Fortnite, and a wide variety of games. I am currently attending Missouri Western State University heading towards a Bachelors Degree in Business Managment. I am athletic therefore I enjoy going to my local gym, or on campus and playing basketball every now and then.
    9) SCENARIO: You're in a busy gamemode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? I would respond to the Teamspeak scenario first. I would hop into the channel and take necessary action in the situation. Then I would simply open my recording software and teleport to one of the individuals for evidence. After recording evidence for one player, I would do the same for the other player messaging me. I would inform both players I recorded and would show upper staff the evidence. I would then thank both players for reporting the player and contact upper staff with the videos for them to make a decision.
    10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it? I would review the evidence I obtained. If the evidence showed the player to be wrongly punished I would take necessary actions to make sure the player was taken care of. I would apologize to the player and friends for the inconvenience.
    11) Anything else we should know? I am fairly new to the server and don't believe I meet the month requirement. Not 100% sure on this, however. I am going to become more active on the forums and as stated above on other worlds on universe. I truly want what is best for the server and extremely excited for the challenge. Thank you for reading my application hope you have an amazing day.

2. TheMCProf

TheMCProf An average 10th Grader
    Helper

Pros
    - Overall good application
    -Seems mature

Cons
    -New to server
    -Doesnt meet requirements

PastellaYT likes this.
  3. PastellaYT

PastellaYT Member

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it and helps a lot.

4. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Just a Guy who Likes Anime
    Helper

Agreed Prof, but I also thinks he needs to add more detail to his application overall.

5. Acceptation

Acceptation Acceptinator

Nice you see you applying! You're extremely active on mars as I seen you on all the time for hours a day :) Best of luck.

6. RoboticSavage

RoboticSavage Network Senior-Admin
    Management Team Senior Admin

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed and the management team and has decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

Be sure to look at our writing guide, this will help you when writing your next application https://universemc.us/threads/application-writing-guide.864/ and our general requirements, https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.15/

For these reasons your application has been denied:
    - Lack of detail
    - Failure to read through requirements thoroughly
    - Lack of effort put into your application

Please take care to fix this up when creating your next staff application in 1 week.

Thanks.