Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted Papiflaw's New Staff application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Papiflaw, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papiflaw

Papiflaw Network Helper
    Helper

• Minecraft Username: Papiflaw

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): DaddyFlaw

• What's your timezone?: EU

• Are you staff on any other servers?:
    Yes i am currently a Helper on play.dripmc.com. although i haven't been able to be a proper staff member on the server as its in its second season of development and the realms has not been released yet.

however I have been in this position for over a month now and provided lots of help within tickets and general help within global chat and player queries, I am looking to play on a more active server like Universe and if i was given the opportunity as helper i would resign from the server i am staff for currently.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: papiflaw#2881 , yes i have full access to discord and a microphone, i use discord on my laptop/mobile phone.

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes i use Action by Milris, Sony vegas editing software too.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: Yes, apollo on mars realm and am going to be purchasing a rank on pluto realm soon.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

I have been mostly active on mars realm playing for 2 seasons now, I am on skyblock and we are currently Istop1 Gangbang ontop ;) and i am now becoming/playing more actively on the latest released server Pluto. I stated in my previous application I was play jupiter realm but I no longer play with the faction that plays on there however this wouldn't stop me from being active on jupiter, going on to help players.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 6-8 hours a day ( depending on my work schedule ) I am at work monday-friday but have complete weekends off.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): Yes , i was muted for calling someones chat text " gay " and Since my previous appeal have been banned for 14days on mars realm for mining during a raid but i wasn't aware there was a punishment for doing this i only believed it was a strike, i am also banned on jupiter realm for charging back which i do regret and if i can will be purchasing an unban on there soon if i can do that.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player . They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    Well first off they wouldn't be able to message me in game because that would be bypassing mute which would result in further punishements ( Mute evasion ).
    So only other alternative is discord and if they were spamming me personally i would probably just ignore them until they stopped. However if it was in the main discord I would ask them/warn them to stop and they continued with ignoring my requests, mute them within the discord temporarily.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: Took my phone out at work got shouted at from my boss, haven't took my phone out since lol.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Staff experience :I have been helper on a server for about a month now and have been picking up easily on rules, punishing players for the correct offenses baring in mind this is the first server I have been staff on, with help and guidance I believe i could be an excellent staff within a community/server.

Faction/leadership experience: As leader/factions experience I have been playing factions since the age of 13 with about 5-6 years of experience. I lead factions on saicopvp for multiple seasons with us playing different realms at once, my faction still does play saicopvp but i quit due to no competition/repetitive and boring.

during that time I played I made myself deeply known within the community and known to staff. And when I do begin playing new servers I work on my own initiative by helping players with queries/problems to the best of my ablitiy because it gives me joy with helping them, if i am unsuccessful and helping them is out of my ability I advice them to message staff or raise a ticket within the discord.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: Taking my girlfriend/son on outings. spending time with all of my family at seasonal times as they all work a lot.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    First off I would swiftly mute the player that was playing the music within the discord ( if they were ) , Then contact a moderator for him to come and deal with the player, however if there was no staff to deal with the player or come to aid me I would teleport to the players to see if the if the player was hacking, gather evidence of them doing so.
    If I truly believed that this player was hacking i had sufficient and clear enough evidence to show to the higher moderators i would Temp-ban the player and show the evidence to higher staff in order for them to make final decision.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    Check which player was punished, why they were punished and review the evidence that I punished them for, if i was led to believe that this wasn't an incorrect punishing from reviewing the ban/mute proof I would check the rules in order confirm that the player had been correctly punished, and if they were punished incorrectly contact another staff to lift the punishment.

11) Anything else we should know?: I didn't put much effort into my staff application previously and upon reviewing my responses to the questions I have attempted my best in answering them with detail, I would deeply appreciate an opportunity as a helper on your server as i do enjoy playing, helping players- thank you for taking the time to review my re-submitted application.
    Papiflaw's New Staff application

2. RichIceBreaker

RichIceBreaker Network Helper
    Helper

To me, not to bad on the answer need more detail.

3. Papiflaw

Papiflaw Network Helper
    Helper

I just wanted to give an example of what i do daily when i am on, i am always looking out for player questions, players in need of help and do message them to give them advice or try to get stuff sorted for them, it is out of my control i always tell them to raise a ticket, which option to use. if i even had basic helper i would be able to do a lot more .
    https://imgur.com/a/weK4nY8
    https://imgur.com/a/x5mT9Di
    https://imgur.com/a/1RMYbYw

4. RichIceBreaker

RichIceBreaker Network Helper
    Helper

Best of luck.

5. mr2f0

mr2f0 Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Hey there @Papiflaw

Overall your application looked really good, however, there are a few major issues I couldn't overlook when reading it.

The biggest being, you are currently banned from Jupiter. You did say you regret charging back, but you are still actively perm banned regardless. You will definitely have to get this sorted, as that's a major no no.

Second, you are currently staff on another network. You did say it is down for a reset of factions, however as found in the last application requirement "It is restricted to be staff on another server, if you are your application will be rejected."
    https://universemc.us/threads/staff-application-requirements.6272/

Try to work on these, and have them fixed for when you apply again. Best of luck with your future applications!━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━​

#5 mr2f0, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. Papiflaw

Papiflaw Network Helper
    Helper

Okay I will try to sort them @mr2f0 that really gives me some good feedback and insight thanks very much.

7. ItsJoes

ItsJoes I just work here
    Management Team Forums Manager Operator

Hello @Papiflaw

After reading your application, I have come to the decision to move your application to our "Interview Stage" Congratulations! Please contact me on Discord to set up an interview time. Thank you

-Joes

8. Kidbitz

Kidbitz Member

gg dude I see you helping out all the time.

Papiflaw likes this.
  9. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Muted Management Team Developer Platform Manager Member Youtuber Twitch Streamer Resigned Helper Junior Mod Senior Admin Forums Manager Operator Administrator Trial Administrator Moderator Senior Mod Media Manager

Accepted! Welcome to the Team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.