Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Odogge Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by LawrenceOrourke, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawrenceOrourke

Minecraft Username:
    Odogge.

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    LawrenceORourke.

What's your timezone?:

EST.

Are you staff on any other servers?:

No i'm not staff on any other servers.

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234:

Okay Google#9228, And yes i have a working microphone.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, i can clip 5 min or more.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I have void rank on Jupiter, and i have Apollo rank on mars.

Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I'm most active on Jupiter but i also like to play kitmap, and mars when people actually play on it.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    Monday - 1 - 2 Hours
    Tuesday - 2 - 4 Hours
    Wednesday - 2 - 4 hours
    Thursday - 3 - 6 Hours
    Friday - 4 -5 Hours
    Saturday - 4-5 Hours
    Sunday - 3 -6 Hours

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have been banned on 6 different servers for "hacking" but they are false, i have also been banned on jupiter for fly capping koth ( King Of The Hill ) once, and i have been muted just a "couple" times on the universe server for being just a bit toxic.

SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to UN-mute them. What would you do?:
    I would simply just say rules are rules the player was muted for a reason i wouldn't go out of my time just to mute someone for no reason and for people to get mad over it.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I've been to toxic to players and have been muted several times for it and i have learned to keep it down so my toxicity is getting better and i'm learning to be more nice.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences?:

I don't have any type of server moderation but i was kind of interested in it. I think i would become a really good staff member considering i play a lot on the server, i always message new people that need help or if they have any questions i would always be more than happy to help them. Most of the time i do play on Jupiter or kit pvp and i'm really active on both servers as long as people are playing on it and there's something to do. I Think it would be helpful to have more staff members that are more talkative and see most things people type in chat if people are asking for help or anything that a constant staff member would need to do. I'm also pretty chill with other staff members that are on Universe.mc i think i would fit in and there wouldn't be a problem. I have been playing Universe.mc for a long time as well since season two.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    When i'm not playing Minecraft i'm mostly playing baseball because i'm on the baseball team for my school. I play basketball most of my time as well. And considering i just got my permit and a job ill be focusing on my hobbies and IRL things more often than Minecraft.

SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    While i'm getting messaged by those two players that have the hacker on them i will teleport to them and record it so if there is no jr mod online at the time i have the video so if they were to die to the hacker will get banned ( if the player was blatantly hacking but if not then i will have to screen share the player they think is hacking ) and the players that died will get their items back if he was hacking. Then ill join the discord where the person is blasting music into their mic and mute them and tell them to stop, and let them slide with a warning but if they do it again i will mute them.

You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

Although i made an incorrect punishment accidents happen and the accident will be handled with and will be fixed, but to the players that are spamming i made a incorrect punishment i will politely tell them to stop spamming considering spamming will resolve in a warn and a mute if they decide to keep doing it.

Anything else we should know?:
    Thanks for reading my application :cool:

#1 LawrenceOrourke, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. matty

matty Member

3. YouABich

YouABich Member

4. gpbOP

gpbOP Member

bad app, dont approve. too many colors, makes it look like you support gay people. -1

LawrenceOrourke likes this.
  5. GetGoodSkid

GetGoodSkid Member
    Member Resigned

That's not what you're suppose to say, what if he is gay? You don't go around saying that it makes you look like your a 9 year old kid trying to put people down,

+0.5

Wurzener92 likes this.
  6. Wurzener92

Wurzener92 Member

After Reviewing You application I find Its very nice Until I have just seen The comment posted from gpbOP . Not credit, I find you application was really good, and the colours are aesthetically pleasing, The staff look at everything, The colour the history the faction, They look at the responses, I hope you haven't swayed the staffs decisions from the post you have posted. If you get denied I would not balm yourselves, some staff would agree with gpbOP, I do not <3

x_XXX_x
    Wurzener92

7. LawrenceOrourke

im not

8. Wurzener92

Wurzener92 Member

I know

9. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Former Staff] (I<3Snooker)

The application has an excessive amount of color. Furthermore, the punishments offset me. You need work on toxicity and immaturity, and the application needs way more detail. Please review the writing guide as well.

10. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Agreed, Good luck.

11. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

For these reasons your application has been denied:

- Toxicity/professionalism

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.