Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Octybursty's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Failures, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failures

Failures Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username: Octybursty

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): https://namemc.com/search?q=Octybursty

• What's your timezone?: GMT -7

• Are you staff on any other servers?: I am currently just roaming around looking for a server to help out, so as of right now I am currently not staff on any servers.

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: I do have a working microphone and my discord tag would be Failures#2235

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: I have the "ability" to do so but I'm not sure if the quality of work would be something of your standards.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: I currently do not. but I am willing to support and help donate for the server.

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I am currently pretty interested in your prison server which is where I have currently spent most of time in. It seems that you are also currently working on some factions server which is also of interests to me. I am willing to put my time and effort into any ream that is needing of help and get to know the community better.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: As someone who is a second year university I am willing to put 3-4 hours a day into helping the community and helping whoever needs help. If needed I am able to put more time to doing what is needed to be done and helping this community flourish in its goal.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable): I have never been banned on any servers.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?: I would first find out why they were muted and see how long the mute would last for. I will provide them with an explanation on why they were muted and how much time they would have to server for their wrong doings.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: As a college student. there have been many problems relating to balancing school work and my free time. It was pretty hard for me to balance my school work and also doing the things I like but it has been a problem. It also made it pretty hard for me to socialize due to people caving in and doing their own things. I dealt with it by joining clubs and finding people of the same interests as me, on minecraft aswell. From this experience, I learned that things don't usually go your way and you would have to find your own solutions to complete your goal.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I have owned a small RPG minecraft server back in 2015, however, due to financial issues it had to be shut down for the time being. I have experience out in the real world aswell as experience in the minecraft community. I am fairly familiar with dealing with a large community and completing tasks that is needed to be done and in the time frame needed. I am willing to put my time and effort into something that I love and will be able to get to know people in the community better. I am familiar with punishments and the game mechanics for wrong do-ers and am willing to take action for whatever is needed.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am currently majoring in computer science in college, so writing code and programming is something of interests to me. I am currently trying to program from scratch a custom pvp server as a hobby and it is coming out pretty well.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: First of all, I would take things slowly and efficiently. I would first see if there are any staff that have the permissions to provide punishments to those who need them and if not I would write down their names and ask those to wait patiently as we find someone who has the permission to do so. I believe that if you take things slowly and do them one at a time there won't be mistakes and that you can deal with the situations more efficiently.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?: I would first find a explanation to why I have given them a punishment. If they believe that their punishment was wrong I would ask them to appeal or speak with me personally explaining why their punishment was falsely accused. By doing so I wouldn't have to deal with other players spamming me about it, not knowing what the situation was and it would be more efficient.

11) Anything else we should know?: Not as of right now.

NOTE: Asking anyone on the UniverseMC staff team to view your application will result in an instant denial of your application. Also, failure to follow this format will result in an instant denial of your application. If your application is denied, you will need to wait at least one week to re-apply.

#1 Failures, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  2. Wurzener92

Wurzener92 Member

After reviewing you application, I have come to the decision That Its is a +0.5, I feel you could be A staff member But you can not confirm the hours Into it Because Of college, That Is only My opnion, The staff may think otherwise else.

x_XXX_x
    Wurzener92

3. Failures

Failures Member

Hello! Thank you for taking your time to review my application. Yes I am a college student, however, I am willing to put a minimum amount of time needed to help out.

4. Snooker

Snooker Administrator
    Administrator

DENIED - Hello there!

Your application has been intensely reviewed by the management team and it has been decided to deny your application; you may reapply in 1 week.

For these reasons your application has been denied:

- Detail/activity

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.