Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted NotShadey's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by ShadeyPvP, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

1) Simple Information

• Minecraft Username:
    NotShadey
    • Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):
    - xShadey_L
    - ShadeyPvP
    - OofShadey
    - ImShqdeyy
    - i3k
    - Shqdey
    - iShadeyy
    - TrustDqnis

• What's your timezone?:
    CET, UTC +1 (Belgium)
    • Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone?:
    Yes, I do.
    • Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:
    Yes, I do use open broadcast software (OBS) to record.
    • Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:
    I'm galactic on Jupiter but I don't have ranks on other game modes on Universe.
    • What is your full discord name? Example: Example#1234:
    NotShadey#2848
    2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:
    I'm currently most active on Jupiter & I'm planning to start playing Neptune very soon!

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
    School days: 3-4 hours
    Non-School days/weekends: 5-6 hours

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):
    I have been punished on some minigames servers for cheating because I did cheat on those a while ago & I got muted recently on a server today for staff disrespect while I was giving my honest opinion about their activity, context was that someone was asking how I was on the leaderboard of deaths & I said "the more you're active, the more deaths you get. that's why staff isn't on the leaderboards of deaths" so basically I don't think it was worth a mute because it's the truth that no staff is active on kits because there are like 2 players on it.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:
    First of all, if I punish someone, I will be 100% of the action I take. I will tell them that the well-known can PM me either on discord or on the forums to discuss their punishments if they want to, If they keep on arguing & spamming me I will tell them to stop doing this or just ignore it when they start getting toxic because toxicity should get ignored by each and everyone on the server. If I made a mistake with the mute then I will tell them that I'm going to contact the player that got punished by me & I will apologize and unmute the player & request a removal of the /history punishment as well. Always remember, rules do count for everyone, it doesn't matter who you are, I would even punish my closest friend is they're breaking rules.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:
    I did abuse on Universe because I was bored, I shouldn't have done this because it got me demoted straight away & I was enjoying being staff on universe so I do regret my actions for that. another thing is that I have acted immaturely in a discord of a <Server Name> guild but they kinda were leaving me out, every time I was in a channel with someone talking they just move them into a channel where I can't join anymore so like I don't think it's all my fault, to be honest, but I already left the discord because I don't like how they're behaving towards to me.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):
    Minesaga: This server is a pretty big server, I have been a helper on it twice. the first time I was a staff member, I had to resign due to school issues & bad scores so I kinda had to study for tests. the second time I was staff on there I got demoted, I told AnonymousOG the reason for the demotion. I was one of the most active staff members on the network, that's for sure but I just wasn't able to keep up with all those questions last time I was staff to be very honest, there were like a lot of questions just flowing around my head but then I did something pretty bad & got demoted, I shouldn't have done it but Universe is better for me because it's calmer on the network.

UniverseMC: I have been staff on here before but sadly enough I got demoted for having 3 strikes, I'm sure I can do better now though because I have the feeling I know better what to do at this point of applying. I did like being staff on here a lot because helpers can also catch hacker in /staff while I wasn't able to do that on MineSaga, so basically I like to catch hackers. I'm pretty sure I was one of the most active staff here too, I have a lot of time actually.

MomentoNetwork: This is a server where I felt that I was at home but sadly enough I'm toxicity banned at the moment, but I've had a great time on it. I started as a helper but after 30 days of being staff I resigned because of my bad behaviour & I didn't want to make the server look bad because of a helper that is not behaving in a right way.

ZyrenMC: Basic factions server that was about to release, I was a manager/staff manager on here, I was basically the person that was doing staff application & interviews which were pretty nice to do but right before the server release I found out that the main owner treated someone with a hack so I resigned immediately because I don't want to help out an owner that is being immature to his own staff members, which is understandable in my opinion.

Discord Staff experience:
    iDontNeedYou Fan Discord: This was a place where the viewers of this YouTuber's videos could communicate & hang out with each other, I started as a helper and I managed to get promoted to Mod, Admin. I resigned afterwards because it got inactive and boring. there were 500 members in the discord.

MeeZoid's Discord: I think almost everyone knows this one, it's a discord where the people of his youtube channel could talk to each other. I got accepted as Trial Mod & I got banned/demoted by the second owner (kpls) that was an actual troll staff member, he was just messing around.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:
    I'm used to playing football/soccer but I stopped playing for a team because I didn't enjoy it anymore & if you don't enjoy something then you shouldn't be doing it but I still play it with my friends, I do hang out with friends usually after school as well and to finish, of course, I am a proud gamer!

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:
    I will first get to the hackers because we don't want players to lose stuff just because of hackers, I will start my recording software to gather evidence, while doing that I would tell the person that is telling me there's someone blasting that he can mute the person for a second or try to record it because I'm busy with more important stuff at the moment & I will ask in the staff chat if someone could help me out a bit with these mass of things I gotta do in the situation. if the hackers are not blatantly cheating but they look like they have some kind of ghost clients which makes them not blatant & if I'm not ss verified, I will have to ask someone that is ss verified because I can't screenshare people without that thing, if they're blatant I can ban them for two weeks if I'm right and afterwards ask a mod+ to ban for longer.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:
    I would try to contact the player that I have falsely punished & tell them that I am trying to get rid of the punishment as soon as possible & I will say sorry for bothering their day if it did. I will tell the 4 players that are arguing that I'm sorry & that the punishment will be removed very soon and also tell them that they can stop spamming because the punishment is gonna get removed. I'm also open to getting a strike if happens more than once, I do accept punishments if I do something wrong as a staff member. making an incorrect punishment can happen as long as it doesn't happen too often on the network because we do want to let the server look good.

11) Anything else we should know?:
    I feel like I should clarify why you should pick me for the staff position!

Why you should accept me:
    To start off, I'm very familiar with the server itself because I have been playing for a long time (when there was prison) so I kind of know how UniverseMC's history has been and what features there are on the server so I could answer any questions about these things. You should accept me over others because I have a good amount of staff experience and not just small servers but also Minecraft server with a player count of 4 000 so I definitely know what to do a staff member. I know I have been toxic in the past but it was a really long time ago & all of you know that people do change. You should accept me because I do enjoy how the current staff team looks like and I don't want to sound cheesy right here but the staff members seems nice to be working with as I know some of them for a long time, I want to make my come back as a staff member on Universe because some people still think I'm the toxic guy but surely not. I will show my best behaviour on every platform that UniverseMC is using to make sure the server will look professional and so we don't get players to quit because of the staff that isn't being mature. another thing, I'm good at catching hackers. I know what modules players are using if they're hacking and I perfectly do know how do get xray players to go obviously in order to get punished. So basically, I learned a lot of my past staff experiences and I think it will be needed on Universe! I like taking responsibility's like this and I will try to make this server an overall better place to be!

Thank you for reading my staff application, I hope to get a second chance as a staff member on Universe. If you see anything that could be better in my application be sure to leave a reply with some feedback, it would help me out a lot! Have a nice day :)

#1 ShadeyPvP, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

Hello, @ShadeyPvP Here are some Suggestions.

Suggestions:

- Become more Globally Active (Forums, Discord, All Server Platforms, and Twitter if applicable)
    - Add more detail to the scenario questions

Best of Luck.
    -Penguin

3. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thanks for the useful suggestions Penguin, I will use them in a good way to improve my chances!

4. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Pros
    13+
    Semi detailed application
    Past staff member

Cons
    Past toxicity, it’s from the past so no need to worry about it now.
    Globally inactive

5. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to improve my activity!

6. SkyTepp

SkyTepp Member

Looks decent.
    Never knew you were previously staff

7. kekybra

kekybra Member

+1
    Well detailed
    Good Experience
    Mature 9/10

Your past demotion for abuse is over and I am not making my vote based on that. It was a long time ago and people change and I believe you on that.

Be a little more active though.

8. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thank you both for the feedback, much appreciated!

#8 ShadeyPvP, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  9. NaturallyWild

NaturallyWild Member

Be more active. Thats all the advice i have

10. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thanks for the advice!

11. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Suggestions
    - Just play some factions and hangout with the community

12. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

I will. While factions is down, I'm doing skyblock :)

13. Darknetic

Darknetic Member

Thats good, I would play sky blocks but my island got deleted

14. zuccccc

zuccccc Member

Your app doesn't look bad but your past immaturities worry me and make me skeptical. -1

15. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback, sorry if it worries you but people change but I'd accept how you feel.

16. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Hello @ShadeyPvP, here are some pros, cons and suggestions!

Pros:
    - Meets the age requirements.
    - Semi detailed application.
    - Former staff member.

Suggestions:
    - Become more globally active, (Forums, discord, twitter and the network as a whole.)
    - Possibly add a tad more detail throughout the application.
    - Try to help people out whilst in the application process to try increase chances.

Cons:
    - Has a past record of toxicity.
    - Globally inactive.

Best of luck!
    - Wee

17. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Thanks for the useful feedback, will use it!

18. ShadeyPvP

ShadeyPvP Staff Member

Edited my application, I have added some details!

19. Dnoxal

Dnoxal Network Staff

Hey @ShadeyPvP! I think your application looks good, but I would like to see you be more mature, as you were slightly immature in a voice channel, thanks. (As I recall)

#19 Dnoxal, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. zuccccc

zuccccc Member

people do change but imo, change is not overnight. Change takes time. People always say My past doesn't define me but it really does. How else are we supposed to judge one's character? Based on this info you have provided me, you have always struggled with immaturity. Based on a few comments I have seen, you have still struggled with immaturity... so atm, i don't think i would want you as a staff member. However, if you can use your self-control and be more mature over an amount of time, maybe I would be more comfortable with you on the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.