Join other players on play.universemc.us

Accepted NoHub's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by NoHub, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Simple Information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Minecraft Username: NoHub

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): Kaydqn, iVexxh, Vexxh, _Vexxh_1206 (https://namemc.com/search?q=Nohub)

• What's your timezone?: GMT/BST

• Are you staff on any other servers?: No I am not staff on any other servers. :)

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. Example; Example#1234: I do have a discord and a working mic. My discord is NoHub#0001

•Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I can record minecraft videos on my computer at a moderate standard.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Jupiter - Void
    Neptune - Emperor
    Venus - Celestial

Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: Jupiter, however; I can play any gamemode if there is no/little staff on it.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

(GMT)

Monday - 15:30 // 19:00 (3 Hours+)
    Tuesday - 16:30 // 20:00 (3 Hours+)
    Wednesday - 15:30 // 19:00 (3 Hours+)
    Thurday - 16:30 // 20:00 (3 Hours+)
    Friday - 15:30 // 00:00 (7 Hours+)
    Saturday - Free Day (13 Hours+)
    Sunday - Free Day (14 Hours+)

**Schedule Subject To Change**

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I was kicked for bypassing filter. Someone asked me what server Tequila, Melon and Alliance were planning on going to and I typed Ar Ch On and then was kicked. I was also warned by ElChaponee for caps. But I was never banned.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

First of all, the player being 'well-known' is neither here nor there. They still broke the rules and must be punished. Then, I would tell the player to stop spamming me (giving him/her one LAST warning/make him or her aware that you can purchase an unmute or appeal the mute at the punishment forums). IF the player continues to spam me I would then take a more serious approach to the situation and issue a kick. IF the player came back again and continued to spam me, I would then issue a 1day ban and inform the player that they can purchase an unban from the store/the punishment appeal on the forums.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

So, I recently had a few tests for Business and Economics in my school. I decided not to revise as I really wanted to spend time with my friends ETC. When I got my results back, I didn't do too bad. However, if I had just spent them few days revising instead of playing; I may have been able to push my grade up a few levels. I am now dealing with the situation by revising for any future exams!

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

I used to run 2 ARK servers on PS4 and PC as the lead system manager/operator and admin. We made a decent amount of money and had a respectable amount of players on the server, bearing in mind the player slot count. I also owned 1 FiveM server, was Senior Admin on another. I believe that I have the right amount of experience as a helper to aid players with their issues on UniverseMC. I think that I could contribute my assertiveness as a character and my patience to deal with any worries/issues. I will also not be an abusive staff member who lets their faction off with minor warnings for major offences. I will issue warnings correctly following the sever procedures and rules. I will not let little things slide as they could be disastrous to other players. I think I have the right amount of experience to be a helper on this fine server, UniverseMC.

In addition to this, I am also a LEADER/CO LEADER in a very reputable faction where a lot goes on. This has taught me how to handle situations where a lot is going on and deal with faction issues; such as: Helping with cannons, defending raid attempt, helping and showing people what and how to do stuff, etc. Overall, I think this aids my communication skills and problem solving skills. Answering all the question helps me develop my patience skills as I handle a lot of requests so often.

Putting Minecraft/Video Game moderation aside here, I tend to be the one at school trips/group projects/group presentations to really take the reins and make sure everyone is doing their specific roles correctly and seeing if anyone needs help. For example; if someone was struggling finding information for a topic, I would send them the direct link to a reliable source which could help them fufill their duties in the group.

I would like to say that yes I do have the right moderation/helping experience in Minecraft/Other Video Games and out of it. Obviously, this part of the question is going to be biased to myself much like everyone else’s applications. So I hope that I actually get the chance to demonstrate to you my experience and skill as a helper.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

Every Thursday (during Autumn and Winter months) I take part in my schools rugby team and also attend various games. I have also applied for Head Boy in my school. When I'm not at school I normally hang out with some friends and just toss or kick a ball around in the park. Other than that, I tend to spend lots of time on my PC and just chill out when I'm not moderating servers.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

First of all, I would just take a minute to process all the information so that I don't hand out any false warnings/punishments. I would then deal with the players asking for a Jr. Mod as a hacker on the server is more serious than a music blaster. I would go into the staff discord and inform all mods+ that I need one urgently. If one does get on I would let them handle the situation. But if the helper role has the ability to ban I would collect evidence and ban them based on the amount of previous offences the player has. Then I would deal with the guy blasting music by muting him or kicking him from the voice channel. After, I would then inform all players(victims) to make a ticket in order to send any evidence of the hacking ETC. And then inform them that the situation is being dealt with accordingly.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

First of all, I would inform the players to please stop spamming me and that I will directly resolve the issue with the player I have punished. IF they continue to spam me, I would then distribute warnings accordingly. I would get in touch with the player who believes that their punishment was unjust and ask them why and collect the data. I would then talk to another member of the staff team to get a second opinion. Then if I come to the conclusion that the punishment was unjust, I would reverse the punishment and apologise to the player. If I come to the conclusion that the player is at fault, I would then point them in the direction of paid UNBans/UNMutes or the punishment section of the forums.

11) Anything else we should know?:

That I am willing to put 110% effort into the server and cater to all the players needs. Thank you for reviewing my staff application, I hope to hear back from you soon. :)

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

#1 NoHub, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. gankfights

gankfights Member

+1

ksklboys2 and NoHub like this.
  3. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks so much! This +1 means a lot coming from such a great staff member! (when you were in the team)

- NoHub

4. PenguinNerd

PenguinNerd Fluffy Penguin <3

I'd suggest adding more detail, other than that your application looks good!

Best of Luck!

~ Penguin

NoHub likes this.
  5. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks alot, do you mind pointing me in the direction of which questions need more detail? If not, I will just add more detail overall. Thanks anyways.

- NoHub

6. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

Actually a player in these applications that I truly wouldn't mind to be staff. I think this is a great application, as it is detailed and very visually appealing. You are also not very toxic as I have never seen it, and I've been in calls with you and your pretty chill guy to hang out with, I wish you the best of luck and would love to see you on the staff team. <3
    Sincerely-
    Drop

NoHub likes this.
  7. Zoxide

Zoxide Member

Seems to be a reputable user and I see you online a lot, only suggestion is upping activity on discord!

+1 from me.
    - Zox

NoHub likes this.
  8. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Once again, this means so much coming from such a great staff member (when you were on the team). I appreciate the comments so much! Thanks for all the feedback!

- NoHub

droppedexe likes this.
  9. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks so much for the ‘+1’ this means a lot coming from such a well-known member in the community! I will put a lot of effort into upping my discord activity. Thanks again!

- NoHub

10. Lucifer_EnZ0

Lucifer_EnZ0 Member

+1 best person to accept knows what to do

NoHub likes this.
  11. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks for the '+1', do you have any improvements or feedback for me so I can improve. If not, it's not really a concern. Thanks again!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

12. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

I've seen you ingame a lot and you seem like a nice person to talk to and I think you're fit for the staff position! I also really like the colour scheme you chose to layout your application with. Best of luck!

NoHub likes this.
  13. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks so much, this means a lot! Thanks for your positive feedback.

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

Archie likes this.
  14. vanden

vanden Member

Very nice detail, I constantly see you in game so that is a good thing. The color scheme and formatting looks absolutely amazing, I really like what you did here. You also seem very very mature but there have been a couple times where you were a little toxic but were all just human. Anyway, you seem like you would be a really good staff member. Best of luck - vanden

NoHub likes this.
  15. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, I'm sorry that you feel that I'm a little toxic! I will try to ONLY spread positivity.

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

16. GANKFIGHT

GANKFIGHT Network Moderator

I've just started looking at fourms pages recently and not gonna lie out of all the applications I've seen this is one of the best. Would love to see this man as a staff member.
    +1
    -Gankfight

NoHub likes this.
  17. matty

matty Member

Extremely good application, Not toxic at all, Very considerate and helpful in chat wouldn't mind seeing him as a staff +1

NoHub likes this.
  18. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Thanks a lot! This means so much coming from such a great and well known member in the community!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

19. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Once again, this means a lot coming from such a valued member in the universe community! Thanks a lot for your positive feedback!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

20. NoHub

NoHub Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Oh yes, I forgot to say this, if either of you @GANKFIGHT or @matty (OR ANYONE) have any thing for me to improve on, it would help a lot! If not, it doesn't really matter. Thanks again!

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.