Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied My staff app

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Cxnser, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

1) Simple Information

Minecraft Username: My current username is Cxnser.

Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable): My previous usernames include Leakedraven and dragonshield8.

What's your timezone?: My timezone is EST (GMT-4)

Are you staff on any other servers?: No, I am not I feel it is important to dedicate myself to one server at a time!

Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag. My discord username is @Cxnser#8998 and yes, I do have a microphone.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?: Yes, I can record videos at a decent quality.

Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?: I have Titan rank on Venus

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?: I enjoy factions mostly, I have been playing Venus realm a lot more since it has released and I also have been decently active on Mars realm since it has released.

3)
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

Monday - 4:00pm-12am

Tuesday - 4:00pm-12am

Wednesday - 4:00pm-12am

Thursday - 4:00pm-12am

Friday - 4:00pm-12am

Saturday - 12pm-12am

Sunday - 2pm-12am

This is the time I will be available every day of the week these times could change every so often due to events in my life and errands I may have to run or school events.

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details: Yes, I was banned on Kitmap for an autoclicker found in an SS but it has been removed since then, I will also screen share my files if you would like.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to un mute them. What would you do?: As a Helper I do have to ensure that players follow the rules so I would have to make sure the player does understand that he does have to stay muted whether he is well-known or not everyone gets the same punishment as everyone has to follow the rules. If he continues to spam and harass me the punishment would be increased as mute evasion isn't allowed and neither is harass.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?: I've made this mistake many times over the past year and I've been slowly working on this, I have had a tendency to falsely accuse another player of using hacks even though I have been wrong, I've done this out of anger mostly, but I've learned now to not accuse without knowing.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words): I do have moderation experience. I have moderated many servers and had been an admin on a few of them. I have been playing minecraft since around April 2011, but did not get into playing servers until around August 2011. I took a break from minecraft during 2014 but have been back ever since. Both the times I was staff on these servers were after I took my break from minecraft in 2014.

DaedricMC

I was one of the head admins on DaedricMC when it was open and my job was to help with config and dealing with pex to give people ranks. As administrator this also gave me the responsibilities every admin has on every other server such as dealing with B claims and ddosing and distributing strikes. I had been admin here for a few months I had helped develop the server and community it was. On Daedric I enjoyed my time helping set up the server and helping the lower staff along with their journey as staff on the server.

ArmonicPvP

This server is pretty old but I was one of the moderators there and I dealt with hackers, spamming, racial/homophobic slurs and basically everything within the chat moderation area. This server was also kind of og factions so there were a decent bit of people so I also helped deal with more difficult stuff such as helping figure out the causes of bugs and lag issues and stuff such as that. On Armonic I honestly didn't really enjoy my time there as staff were toxic between each other and nothing was very organized.

LunarKingdoms

This server is fairly new. I was a head admin on the server and we had averaged around 100 players about a year ago, but then we decided to revamp the server which took some time and eventually we shut down the server. but then around 8 months ago we opened the server back up and had pixelmon factions and skywars. I had left the server about 6 weeks ago because I had a falling out with the owner over one of the staff members abusing and spamming, but I can still get a one of the owners to dm someone if you guys would like a follow up.

Exabyte

I am also currently one of the founders of Exabyte which is a faction that is pretty og some may know us as JewCrew we used to play UniverseMC a lot.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?: I am involved with the best buddies program at school which is like Being a role model for a person with disabilities. I am also on the varsity football team for my high school

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?: As a helper I should be able to take on all of the players that are needing support as it is apart of my job that I had taken on. I would message some Jr Mods to help the players dealing with hackers, if Jr Mods cannot help I'd record the hacker or ask the player for proof and have them make a report also send the proof to Jr Mods or Mods so they can deal with the hacker when they are able to. I'd deal with the person blasting music by either directly messaging them or joining the voice chat and asking them to stop blasting music and if it continues they should be muted.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:After making sure that my punishment was actually correct, I'd ensure the player that my punishment was in fact correct and send them proof it is correct. If my punishment was incorrect I'd remove the punishment given to the player and make the mistake aware to the rest of the staff team and hopefully learn to ensure that my punishments are correct next time.

11) Anything else we should know?: I am a proud member of the LGBT community and my foot is broken :)

#1 Cxnser, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. droppedexe

droppedexe Non-staff Staff Critic

+0.25 I would try adding a color scheme, to make the application more visually appealing, I also suggest adding more overall detail to the application. I also don't ever see you on, so being more globally active, such as in-game, in the discord, and on the forums would be a great benefit. Best of luck!
    Sincerely-
    drop

3. vanden

vanden Member

I agree with droppedexe, I recommend adding a color scheme and being more active as you have little playing time. Other than that, good luck! - Nick

4. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

Thank you for the feedback I will certainly add more color

5. T0PB0Y

T0PB0Y Network Helper
    Helper

Hey Cxnser
    Detail - I wanted to start with this because I have quite a bit to say about it. There isn't enough. Although it was consistent, so you could have actually been trying but maybe you aren't just a big writer. Question 7 is where this aspect is really important. You had to of written a minimum of 200 words, this was clearly stated in the question. You answered with around 19 I believe. If you really wanted to be accepted, you have to write at least 200 on that question.

Grammar - it wasn't that bad at the start, just around one or two misplace for commas which is very common in the recent applications. But what let me down is this: '
    Being a role model for a person with disability's. ' You are a very kind person for helping out people with disabilities. Note how I spelt 'disabilities'. This was the biggest grammatic error in the application. Which overall I don't think is that bad.

Design - I'd suggest you change the colour of the questions and answers. Because they are the same colour it makes it really hard to read. Also, try sticking to around two or three colours. I'd just do one colour for the questions and one for the answers.

Overall, read and imply my suggestions and you should be just fine as an applicant!
    Best of luck!

6. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

Thanks so much for the feedback

7. Archie

Archie Ex- Nooberator

Totally agreed, the rainbow colour scheme is really putting me off and struggled to read it.

8. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

Sorry about that I will change it once I get on my computer

9. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Staff] (I<3Snooker)
    Helper

Hello Cxsner,
    I really love the amount of effort put into this application. Some criticisms I have is
    - Add a bit more detail
    - Make the questions bolder, but the awnsers not (Easier to read)

Best of luck!

10. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

I will definitely make the questions bolder but where do you suggest adding more detail

11. Cxnser

Cxnser Censorship

Thank you everyone for the support

12. Cexiny

Cexiny Member

Best staff of 2019 incoming, very helpful guy, good personality, NOT TOXIC, i vouch for my dude :)

13. Tank

Tank Staff Application Critic
    Management Team Operator Administrator

Denied - Hello!

After long consideration the administrative team has decided to deny your application.
    Your application has been denied due to the following:
    -Plagiarism (https://universemc.us/threads/smhcosmos-staff-application.7147/)

Note: Do not plagiarize, you have a better chance by just telling the truth.

(You may reapply in 1 week)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.