Join other players on play.universemc.us

Denied Mudbug4's Staff Application (2nd)

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Mudbug4, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

• Minecraft Username:

Mudbug4

• Previous Minecraft Usernames (if applicable):

None

• What's your timezone?:

CDT (NA)

• Are you staff on any other servers?:

No

• Do you have access to Discord and a working microphone? If you have discord, please list your full discord name and tag.

Yes I do. Mudbug4#6723

• Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?:

Yes, I use OBS.

• Do you have a donator rank on any of our game modes?:

Void on Jupiter, Elite on Neptune

2) Elaborate

2) Where are you most active on the Universe Server?:

Jupiter

3) How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

35 hours per week on average. Depending on what I'm doing it could be more and could be less.
    I have to deal with school so I might be inactive for like a day or something doing school work. But if I'm ever going to be inactive for a long time I will make sure to tell someone ahead of time

4) Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details (if applicable):

I was banned on the Jupiter realm. I believe the reason was Hacking, I've been over it with staff and I then appealed and I got unbanned. They had banned me even when they ss'ed me and they found no sorts of hacks. So after appealing one of the staff members unbanned me and let me have a "second chance"

I've been banned on a couple of small server (when I say a couple I mean like 3).. I haven't been banned for hacking, it was always for breaking other rules. Every time I was banned it was either a rule that was not very well written or I was just being immature and I deserved the ban.

5) SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. They're arguing and spamming you, constantly telling you to unmute them. What would you do?:

I'd send a screenshot of the proof to the player and explain to other parties involved that I have done so. Any further objections will be countered with a reference to the rules. Any harassment, spam, and arguing will result in warnings.

6) Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?:

I confronted a staff member on Jupiter about some sort of glitch they were doing. I was later informed that what they were doing was allowed. From this, I learned that I shouldn't make immediate assumptions and jump to conclusions without doing research to confirm my suspicions.

7) Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? If not, please explain how you could do as staff even without having any previous experiences. (Minimum 200+ words):

While I am not a natural born leader, I rationalize decisions to come to the most ideal outcome. Typically, I stay out of leadership positions, for fear of being criticized and taking the blame for failures of the people I lead. I wouldn't think of staff as a leadership position. While it is similar to a manager, it's more based on moderation. Not everyone is on the same team, so staff takes place as a referee, not a coach. I have previous experience in leadership positions which include:

- Co-Leader of a faction (Midnight) where I deal with member's issues left and right, those issues being particularly with each other.

- Co-Owner of a small factions server (flopped due to lack of optimizations causing a lack of players) where I contributed to the development of the server.

-Moderator on a server known as FactionsAge. During its peak it had around 300 people daily. (It has since shut down due to poor management.)

-Manager on a couple of servers my friends made and they lasted for awhile before being shutdown as well. They mostly had 70-100 people daily

-Most of the time I would help either build or set up simple things.. I'm good with world edit, I know most staff commands. I am good at catching cheaters. The main reason I left/quit those servers was because of poor management and/or the owners just wouldn't keep up with updates and tended to be un-active. I've helped my friends setup servers but they end up never really working out the way we wanted them too. As for the time I've spent on helping friends make server, I would say it ranges from 2 weeks to 2 years.

-Staff on numerous other servers which aren't worth mentioning because they were never really released due to the owners not putting in enough work. I have around 200 hours of staff experience.

Although leadership might not be a key factor in being an effective staff, making rational decisions is. I stay calm, even under immense pressure, it feels like time slows down. My thought processes are always tended towards the pros and cons of a decision, leaving little room for error.

8) If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?:

My main hobby is Minecraft. I love the community and have made many friends throughout it. The rest of my life typically consists of school and sleeping. Other than that, I occasionally indulge in chess matches. I also like to go on bike rides with friends.

9) SCENARIO: You're on a busy game mode as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a junior moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do?:

First, deal with the hacker. Record proof of the player cheating (if they actually are cheating; obviously record even if I think they aren't). Second, I tell the player in the discord channel to locally mute the bot until I can assist with the problem. After the hacker is dealt with I would find the person who was blasting the music and warn them and if they continued I would temporarily mute him. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

10) SCENARIO: You've made an 'incorrect punishment' towards a player and there are 4 players arguing and spamming you saying that it was false. How would you handle it?:

I would keep in mind that I shouldn't empower the players spamming me. First, I would inform the players that if a player has been banned, it was for a valid reason. We do not dish out punishments liberally. If they keep pressing, I would send the proof causing the punishment if asked. I would tell the players spamming me to tell the punished player to make an appeal on the forums and that I will look into it as soon as possible. Any further objections will be handled with warnings.

11) Anything else we should know?:

With previous staff experience and general Minecraft experience, I have a keen eye for cheaters in pvp. I have gotten dozens players banned for cheating on Jupiter alone. I care about the well-being and overall experience of the players on Universe because I care about the experiences of my own. Every time I've been killed by a hacker motivates me to help moderate the server as much as I can, even without a staff role. Whether it be making a player report, or a helpful suggestion, I enjoy improving the experiences of the players in the Universe dominion.

#1 Mudbug4, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Redhawksteve810

For question 4 you should elaborate and explain why you got banned maybe even how you developed and learnt from it.

3. ksklboys2

ksklboys2 Network Helper
    Helper

-Not nearly enough information.
    -although you have void rank you're quite inactive and I don't see you very much (1d 20h playtime)
    -Try to redo question 4.
    -Try adding a lot more detail, since you only had one moderation experience listed in semi-full detail.
    -Elaborate more on the "35 hours per week" on question 3.
    -Overall, just add a lot more detail to the application and you should be set.

good luck.

4. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Thanks for the input! I was also inactive for a week due to me being on vacation, Sorry for that!

ksklboys2 likes this.
  5. dtplayer

dtplayer Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

-There isn't enough information for the SCENARIO questions. I would add more information as it will increase your chances.
    -I haven't seen you active lately, this will definitely affect your application. If been away you should state somewhere in the application that you have been away.
    -It's always helpful to have a time schedule for your application as Staff can then see how many hours you can play per day.
    -I believe you should think of another mistake you have made outside of Minecraft, this will show the staff what type of person you are.

- Through my short interactions with you, I see no toxicity.
    - Hardly any minor grammar and spelling mistakes

That's only the small mistakes that I can personally see.
    I wish you the best of the luck.

-dtplayer

#5 dtplayer, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  6. NoHub

NoHub Network Helper
    Helper

I don’t really like to -1 so I’m not going to +1 or -1 as it can get your motivation down, so I am just going to give my feed back. I think you should listen to kskl. The question asking about previous experience is interesting, even though you have a lot of experience; that can be a bad or a good thing. Good because you clearly have the correct skill set. But bad because the fact that you were staff on numerous servers could just mean that you hop around servers looking for staff positions. But, overall the app is good and I recommend you read all of your feedback and edit your app accordingly.

Kindest Regards,

- NoHub

ksklboys2 likes this.
  7. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

P.S Good luck on your interview!

8. B1ackmailed

B1ackmailed Junior Mod
    Junior Mod

Hello @Mudbug4!
    While reading this application I believe a lot more effort could have been put into this application. I would try greatly increasing your detail generally around your scenarios. For your previous staff experiences try and cover your time there, why or why you didn't enjoy your time on that server. Go into full detail with your role, what permissions you had and how well you are familiar with them.
    - B1ackmailed

9. NoHub

NoHub Network Helper
    Helper

Thank you!

10. Veyyn

Veyyn Member

Hi @Mudbug4, as many others said, you should add more overall detail to the application, other than that I think it's a pretty good application but like NoHub said, you should read the feedback and edit it, focusing on adding more detail.

Best of luck,
    Veyyn.

11. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Thanks! I will try my best!

12. H3CK_

H3CK_ 08/27/19 1st Application: Accepted

+1
    There's enough information in the application to determine whether or not to interview him as staff. He has the skillset and experience. I have no reason to think that he would be a bad staff member (which is pretty much all you need to qualify). The application is professionally written, brief, and concise as well. Nobody wants to read an application that has details which don't matter at all. Applying for staff isn't the same as Mrs. Johnson's 7th Grade geography class essay where you're trying to get the most words. Applications are meant to be a quick way to determine if someone is eligible for the job. I would even argue that he had a little too much detail. Best of luck to you Mudbug, you are pretty much the perfect applicant.

H3CK being active in the community :eek:

#12 H3CK_, Oct 25, 2019
  13. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Thanks for the great input!

14. Vzya

Vzya Member

I don’t like u, u always bully me -1

15. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

I don't think I know you?

16. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Resigned] (I<3Snooker)

In-Game
    -Immature
    -Violates rules occasionally (Boss spammed today)
    -Can be toxic
    -Not enough global activity (Forums -
    15 messages).
    -Unprofessionalism

Overall - Work on toxicity and immaturity.

In-Application
    -Not enough detail
    -Needs much more attention to the effort.
    -"Staff on Numerous other servers not worth mentioning?
    -No player counts for servers and not enough elaboration

Overall - Needs much more elaboration and effort

Overall opinion - The application could be much better. In-game behavior is not suitable for staff. It needs much more detail and work on behavioral issues. The player also needs to gain sufficient knowledge of the rules, and not break them.
    (20/40) - Bear in mind that I'm quite strict.
    Detail - 4/8 - Very little detail and elaboration
    Effort - 4/8 - Detail directly reflects the effort, in this case.

Behavior - 5/8 - Immature and doesn't conform
    Activity - 3/8 - On sometimes
    Rules - 4/8 - Violates rules / Sometimes doesn't know a rule exists

#16 TechnoPat, Oct 26, 2019
  17. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

I already apologized for the boss thing... I just wanted to have a little fun at eotw… I didn't think it would cause such a hassle. Im sorry for wasting time and doing something dumb like that.

18. TechnoPat

TechnoPat [Resigned] (I<3Snooker)

Don't worry! Make sure to know the rules next time though. This is to help your app!

19. H3CK_

H3CK_ 08/27/19 1st Application: Accepted

Bruh he put effort into making it concise and easy to read. Details like a big long list of servers that he's been staff on, which nobody even knows about, dont matter at all. What details could you possibly want? And as for behavior, activity, and rules, he would obviously be mature, be active, and know the rules once he actually gets staff.

20. Mudbug4

Mudbug4 Member

Thanks for the input again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.